A&O Berlin Mitte
Not far from the remaining part of the 'Berliner Mauer' (The Wall) and Alexanderplatz is A&O Hostel Berlin Mitte, central, cheap and situated directly between the TV Tower and the local train station Ostbahnhof and U- Bahn station Henrich- Heine- Strasse. In the heart of Berlin and within walking distance is the river Spree and many restaurants, pubs, clubs.
The 2- star house has both hotel and hostel rooms. All rooms are light, have modern furnishings and are fitted with a shower and WC. You will also find a hairdryer in each room. For individual and business travellers we offer single or double hotel rooms. Likewise we also offer family rooms which sleep two adults and two children. With more than 50 mutli- bed rooms is the A&O Hostel Mitte a first class over night stay for groups as well as individual travellers. All rooms have modern furnishings, equipped with a shower and WC.
In our lobby we have internet terminals, a souvenir and necessity shop for your convenience. We have a cosy bar where you can relax. In each house and also in all rooms, it is possible to surf the net with our WiFi connection. Our friendly and multilingual reception personnel are on duty 24hrs a day should you need any help or have any inquiries, etc. Book a laid- back city trip or theater tickets directly through us.
- 24 hours reception
- 'All you can eat' breakfast for just 7 EUR from 6:00 till 10:00 am (7:00 till 11:00 am at the weekend)
- Sky TV
- 24 hours snacks at our lobby-bar
- only non smoking rooms
- daily newspaper
- check-out till 10:00 am (11:00 am at the weekend)
- Late-Check-Out till 2:00 pm on request (10,00 Euro per room extra, only in private rooms)
- check-in at 3:00 pm
- free wifi in public areas and in all rooms
- multilingual and friendly staff
- ticket sale (walkabout, sight-seeing tours,') and information
- credit cards VISA und Master (+2.95 Euro fee), Maestro (for free)
- For 5 EUR per night, you are allowed to bring your dog (only in private rooms).
- billard and table football
- free house safe
In our spacious and comfortable bar, we have regular karaoke evenings. Enjoy a cool beer in the sun in our beer garden. Play a group game of billiards or darts. We also have some video games to entertain our guests. We also offer a rent a bike service so you can explore Berlin at your own pace.
Distances from Hostel:
Koellnischer Park: 200m
Maerkisches Museum: 200m
Treptower Park: 3km
Potsdamer Platz: 3.5km
Brandenburger Tor: 4km
SOME GENERAL INFORMATION
- Ladies, in the event that you are an individual traveler and have booked a space in a multi- bed dorm we would like to inform you that we do offer 'Shared Women Dorms' if you would prefer.
- The hostel's multi- bed rooms require full payment in advance and there is a deposit when renting bed linen (3 €) and hand towels (1 €). In double and single rooms bed linen and hand towels are inclusive.
- In all A&O hotel's and hostel's pets are allowed at an extra 5 € charge per night only in single and double bed rooms, please inquire beforehand.
- Conference rooms and technical appliances are available, please inquire beforehand.
CHECK IN 4 p.m.
Reserved rooms shall be available for occupancy from 4 p.m. on the agreed day of the client's arrival. The client shall not be entitled to occupy the room(s) earlier than this.
CHECK OUT 10 a.m. (11 a.m. at the weekend)
On the agreed day of departure the client must vacate the room by 10 a.m. at the latest. If the client does not vacate the room by this time we shall be entitled to charge 50% of the full room rate as published in the price list until 6 p.m. for reasons of non-contractual occupation, and if the client vacates the room after 6 p.m. 100% of the full room rate will be charged. This shall not constitute any contractual claims on the part of the client.
- Until two days prior to arrival until 6 o'clock pm (local time hotel/hostel) free of charge. There is a cancellation fee of 100% of the first night, should the client cancel the room(s) after the aforementioned cancellation period. In a case of non-arrival 100% of the first night will be charged too. It's the same for short-term bookings, within two days before arrival.
- Any discounts or special offers booked through online booking engines are irreversible.
For groups from 10 people we have special cancellation and payment conditions. Our reservation department will contact you!!!
- until 8 weeks prior to arrival date free of charge
- until 4 weeks prior to arrival date 50% of the agreed total price
- until 8 days prior to arrival date 75% of the agreed total price
- from 7th day prior to arrival 90% of the agreed total price
We will debit 50% of the agreed total price 8 weeks or less than 8 weeks before arrival from your credit card.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- Bicycle parking
- Breakfast Not Included
- Cable TV
- Child Friendly
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free WiFi
- Hair Dryers
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Key Card Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Not Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Pet Friendly
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 2 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
City Tax Berlin from 1. January 2014 (5% of the accommodation rate), excluding however business-related stays. //
Guests under the age of 18
From the age of 14 you can stay in our A&O's all by yourself. All you need is a signed declaration of consent from your parents and a copy of the personal identification from the parent who signed the form.
Bed linen for Dorms: 3,50 €
Towels for Dorms: 1,50 €
Breakfast: 7,00 €
Late Check Out: 10,00 € (on request and only in private rooms)
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
From Ostbahnhof DB go to the main exit, cross the street and cross the bridge 'Schillingbruecke'. After the bridge turn right into the Koepenicker Strasse. After 100m you will see the hotel on the left side.
Central Station DB: Take any S-Bahn towards Ostbahnhof DB. Station Ostbahnhof DB: Go to the main exit, cross the street and cross the bridge 'Schillingbruecke'. After the bridge turn right into the Koepenicker Strasse. After 100m you will see it on the left side. Get the latest infomation on public transportation in Berlin: www.bvg.de (Berliner Verkehrsgesellschaft (BVG))
Central Bus Station ZOB: Take the Subway line U2 until station Zoologischer Garten (5 Stops). Change over to the S-Bahn, line: S3, S5, S7 or S75 to Ostbahnhof (8 stops).
Airport Tegel TXL: Use Bus X9 until station Zoologischer Garten (terminus). Change to the S-Bahn, line S3, S5, S7 or S75 until Ostbahnhof (8 stops). Airport Schoenefeld SXF: Take the S-Bahn S9 to station Ostkreuz (9 stops). Than change to S3, S5 or S7/75 towards city centre to Ostbahnhof (2 stops).
From Hamburg (north) / Berliner Ring (A10) Junktion Pankow onto A 114, at exit road Schoenerlinder Strasse onto B109/A114 until the end. Keep going on Prenzlauer Promenade, Prenzlauer Allee, turn left into Danziger Strasse, strait onto Warschauer Strasse over the River Spree. After the bridge turn right into the Koepenicker Str. After 1000m you will see the hostel on the left side. From Frankfurt/Oder (east) / Berliner Ring (A10) Use exit road Hellersdorf to get into Frankfurter Chaussee B1/B5, Keep on going ahead, Berliner Str., Alt Mahlsdorf, Alt Kaulsdorf, Alt Biesdorf, Alt Friedrichsfelde, Frankfurter Allee, turn left on Warschauer Strasse, ofer the River Spree. After the bridge turn right into the Koepenicker Strasse. After 100m you will see the hotel on the left side. From Hannover / Leipzig (west/south) / Berliner Ring (A10) Use Junktion Dreieck Nuthetal to A115, on the junction Zehlendorf drive to Potsdamer Chaussee, stright onto Berliner Strasse, Eichenstrasse, to the Highway until Kreuz Schoeneberg. On the Kreuz Schoeneberg drive to A100 direction Tempelhof. Use exit road Tempelhof to the left onto Tempelhofer Damm (B96). On the Street Waterloo Ufer turn right and keep on, Gitschner Strasse, Skalitzer Strasse, On the end of the Skalitzer Strasse (before you cross the bridge) turn left to Koepenicker Strasse. After 100m you will see the hotel on the left side.
Koellnischer Park: 0,2 km
Maerkisches Museum: 0,2 km
Alexander Square: 1.5 km
Treptower Park: 3,0 km
Potsdamer Square: 3.5 km
Brandenburg Gate: 4,0 km
Reichstag: 4,0 km
Memory Church: 6,0 km
KaDeWe: 6,0 km
Kurfurstendamm: 7,0 km