Lybeer Travellers' Hostel
Lybeer Hostel is the most charming and relaxing hostel in Bruges. In short:
- Best location of all hostels in Bruges
- Superb staff
- Cozy atmosphere
- Free wifi, free city map, free discount card, free walking tours
- Great breakfast
- Affordable beds / rooms in a classic Bruges\' setting
We offer all guests a warm and personal welcome and are always there to help you make your stay in Bruges exactly how you wanted it to be. Our staff will give you the best possible advice and help you wherever needed.
The hostel is only a 7-minute walk from the train station and a 2-minute walk from the bus station (1-minute drive to the train station).
BREAKFAST is great value for money, the best of all hostels in Bruges, for only 4 euro. It\'s not included it in the room price as it contains a lot more than just bread and butter (like in other hostels).
Play the PIANO in the evening and you\'ll get a free beer, play it in the morning during breakfast and you can expect a free breakfast (or a beer, if that\'s what you prefer at 9am).
We serve the cheapest BEER in town (only 2.5 euro for quality beers), with a wide range of the most famous Belgian beers. The beer menu can vary from time to time depending on what\'s available and what we feel like drinking ourselves. We only sell high quality Belgian beers and try to serve you the ones that match perfectly with who you are! Every Friday a BELGIAN BEER TASTING is organized downstairs, fun guaranteed.
All toilets and bathrooms are cleaned twice a day, once in the morning between 9am and 10am and once in the afternoon between 3pm and 4pm.
We are currently renovating all rooms and common areas (completed end of 2012). By mid-October 2012, about 75% of the rooms will be renovated.
Bed LINEN is included in the price and will be in your room when you arrive. When you check-out, you can leave them where they are. Towels can be found in the closet on the first floor.
We are creating new FEMALE DORMS, for the moment a 2-bed female dorm is already available. From 1st of September onwards a new 4-bed female dorm will be opened and another one by 1st of October.
To provide you with a good and fast internet connection, we offer FREE WIFI in the hostel: there are two networks that cover about 100% of the building.
People that planned a trip to Bruges just to come and party should be reminded of the fact that we are a quiet hostel where you can enjoy a good beer but we also want to guarantee all guests a quiet night and a good night\'s sleep, so drunk behavior or late night noises are a big no-no.
For groups (4+) a guarantee deposit of 500 euro might be required in cash or credit card authorization before checking in.
Unfortunately we don\'t live in a perfect world so it\'s impossible for us to make everyone happy. We suggest you to read the following lines before you enthusiastically make a booking at our hostel.
You are going to be UNHAPPY at Hostel Lybeer:
1. if you planned a 4 or 5 star hotel and find yourself in a hostel.
2. if you expect to have the biggest party of your life.
3. if you can\'t stand the smell of a freshly renovated room.
4. if you confuse construction work with lack of cleanliness.
5. if you believe our breakfast buffet is not offering enough choice and variety for 4 euro.
6. if you expect messing around with the place or breaking things down is normal and should be tolerated.
You are going to be VERY HAPPY at Hostel Lybeer:
1. if you don\'t recognize yourself in the above list.
2. if you like to be in the best location of all hostels in Bruges.
3. if you like to have a relaxing time in a classic setting.
4. if you don\'t like big chain hostels but prefer independent hostels.
5. if you enjoy a high quality Belgian beer.
6. if you\'re looking for a good night\'s sleep in a quiet hostel.
7. if you\'re not afraid of a little dust on the floor in the hallway and are able to see that the non-renovated parts of the building are still a charming part of the city.
8. if you enjoy a warm and personal welcome.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- Board Games
- Book exchange
- Common Room
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free Wifi
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels Included
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
From the train station, you can take any bus going to the centre, and get off at the 1st stop. We are about a 10 minutes walk from trains tation and the market, the central area in Bruges.
Walking from the trains tation: go to the traffic lights on the left side of the square and cross the ringway. Go into the street in front of you (Oostmeers) and take the 1st street on the left (Eiland) and than go immediately right into the street Westmeers. Follow this street to the end and you arrive in the Korte Vuldersstraat. Go left to nr. 31... Welcome!
PS: There is also a Vuldersstraat in Bruges, but this one's on the other side of town.. So make sure to come to the Korte Vulderstraat...
Right in the historical city center of Bruges, a stone's throw away from the shopping streets, the cathedral, the concert hall and all other major points of interest in Bruges. Only 5 minutes walk from the train station.