Instant Groove! Party Hostel
Nagymező utca has historically been and remains the cultural artery of the city.
Its meaning (nagy mező = big field) is literal: it was named in 1720 referring to the large plot of land located there before the city slowly grew around it in the 18th and 19th centuries. By the late 19th it was referred to as the
Broadway of Pest, as most of the cultural institutions of Pest were found in this street, many of which still exist. Five theaters, the music conservatory, a museum of contemporary art (Ernst Museum), the house of photographers (Mai Manó Ház), a church, an annual art festival, seven music clubs and countless bars, pubs and restaurants make Nagymező utca one of the liveliest neighborhoods of today's downtown Budapest.
Instant, created by transforming two full former residential buildings into the biggest and most popular of the street's clubs is a favorite hangout of many locals and tourists, featuring several bars, dance floors and unique decoration. In a quiet part on the 2nd floor of this complex is Instant Groove! - Budapest's coolest new party hostel. We await you with 30 of our trademark hand-made, non-squeaking orthopaedic beds in 5 dorm rooms, a full kitchen with dining room, a spacious lounge and a balcony with a view to the rooftops of Budapest.
If you are staying a few days in Budapest you will likely be spending most of your time in the area bordered by Nagykörút (Ring road) and the Danube, and if you're not too much lazier than average, you will get around on two feet or two wheels. Any sight you will ever want to see is within 1,5km from Instant Groove!, making it the perfect base for your trips, day or night.
Our local staff, which includes a national security expert, two professional musicians, a journalist, a tour guide and an industrial product designer, work hard to make your stay at Instant Groove! special. The owners, Daniel and Peter are involved in a dozen or so community projects around town, including their first hostel, The Groove.
We'll be happy to meet you and hope you'll be happy to meet us too!
PS. some quick info about some features:
free internet access, no curfew, no lockout, no checkout time, free tea and coffee, dishwasher, 24h-supermarket around the corner and much more!
We currently cannot accept credit cards at this hostel - cash payment only please.
We have 24h reception but to make life easier, please let us know your planned arrival time if you can! Thanks
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 hour reception
- 24 hour security
- Air Conditioning
- Bicycle parking
- Board Games
- Book exchange
- Cable TV
- Common Room
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free Wifi
- Hot Showers
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Meeting Room
- Outdoor Terrace
- Reading Light
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Towels For Hire
- Towels Included
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
- from airport terminal 2 take bus 200E to Köbanya-Kispest metro station, then take the blue metroline to Arany Janos utca. Walk out, cross the main road and walk 2 blocks up till O utca (O Street) Now go left and it is just the building on the corner on Nagymező street. Its the big entrance door where it says 'INSTANT. art. wood.bar' Now come up the stairs.
- from Nyugati station: take tram 4 or 6 to Oktogon (1 stop), then walk down Aradi utca (Aradi Street) and O utca (O Street) to reach Instant Groove. Its the big entrance door where it says 'INSTANT. art. wood.bar' Now come up the stairs.
- from Keleti station: take the metro to Blaha Lujza ter (1 stop), then take tram 4 or 6 to Oktogon (direction: Szell Kalman ter). then walk down Aradi utca (Aradi Street) and O utca (O Street) to reach Instant Groove. Its the big entrance door where it says 'INSTANT. art. wood.bar' Now come up the stair
- from Nepliget: take the metro to to Arany Janos utca. Walk out, cross the main road and walk 2 blocks up to O utca to reach Instant Groove. Its the big entrance door where it says 'INSTANT. art. wood.bar' Now come up the stair
If you are arriving by bike, car, foot or any other transport device, email us and we will give you specific directions from where you are.