Moonriver Lodge is a family-owned farm stay nestled in the temperate valley of Sigar Highlands. Guests have enjoyed returning to our humble bed & breakfast, as we offer exceptional services and facilities, tucked away in a beautiful natural setting. Designed and hand built with love, Moonriver Lodge was established as an earthly home for the pioneers and their family as they live and work on the land. The Lodge can accommodate up to 45 guests at one time, and is highly suitable for short or long retreats, team building and family gatherings.
We are highly suitable for those wanting to get away from the hustle and bustle of Cameron Highlands, seeking some respite in nature, yet near enough to explore Cameron Highlands on days you want to venture out.
All rooms are fan-cooled and bathroom facilities are on Sharing basis, equipped with 24-hr hot water showers. Hot Breakfast is complimentary for each staying guest. We can arrange nature tours/treks to further appreciate our surroundings.
We operate the Food Forest Farm, located next to the lodge that produces fresh and safe good vegetables and fruits. The fresh hand-picked produce is available for purchase directly from our farm.
CLIMATE: Warm during the day, cool at night. Night temperature is typically at 20-24°C
LOCATION: Only 40 minutes away from main tourist attractions at Cameron Highlands
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- Bicycle parking
- Board Games
- Free Breakfast
- Cable TV
- Ceiling Fan
- Child Friendly
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Not Accepted
- Free Parking
- Hair Dryers
- Hot Showers
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Linen Included
- Non Smoking
- Outdoor Terrace
- Steam Room
- Taxes not included
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 3 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
1. Check-in: 2:00pm - 9:00pm, Check-out: 12:00pm
2. CASH payment only upon arrival. We do not accept any pay cards for settling room balance.
3. Cancellation policy: At least a 3-day advance notice before the arrival date is required.
4. All bathroom facilities are on Sharing basis with 24-hr hot water showers. Towels are included.
5. Hot Breakfast is complimentary for each staying guest.
6. Free Wi-Fi connection is available at most areas. Due to the fact the lodge is located away from the tourist trails, you may experience disruption in mobile network coverage (3G/4G/Lite). Sit back, relax and enjoy the peace our cosy nook has to offer.
7. We are located amidst a rainforest. We will do what we can to keep the mosquitoes at bay, but please bring along insect repellent.
8. No pets are allowed.
9. The nearest town to our lodge is Kampung Raja in Cameron Highlands, a 20-min drive or 12Km away. Daily shuttle service from Kpg. Raja is available at a minimal fee of RM10 p/pax and at specific timings. Seat reservation has to be informed at time of room confirmation.
10. Important note : The plan of imposing a Tourism Services Fee (TSF) of RM10.00 per room/night for stays at All star hotels, including home stays in Malaysia was passed by Malaysia Parliament in early April 2017 on top of the earlier rate quoted. The fee will be based on star rating of the hotel and in-addition to existing fees/taxes levied such as in Malacca, Penang & Langkawi. We have been advised it will take effect on 1 September 2017 which The Ministry Tourism Arts & Culture Malaysia’s announcement.
* A Tourism Services Fee (TSF) of RM10.00 per room/night will be collect upon check in.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
GPS Coordinates : N4.644566 E101.465148
If you are heading in to Cameron Highlands from major cities, you will most likely alight at Tanah Rata. Take a local bus to Kampung Raja. From there, we provide a shuttle service to the lodge for a minimal fee that departs at 2:00pm and 5:00pm. Seat reservation has to be made at least 3 days in advance. Please contact us directly.
If you are driving from the North-South Highway, Malaysia,
exit at Simpang Pulai, Perak. Turn right to head towards Ipoh. Keep to the right and look out for the turning towards Cameron Highlands at a traffic light junction.
**it is advisable to fill up on petrol at Simpang Pulai/ along the N-S highway; Brinchang town if you are coming from Cameron Highlands**
Stay on the road (Gua Musang-Cameron Highlands) that meanders through mountains/valleys. Traveling time is approx. 1 hour. When you come across an intersection, DO NOT TURN RIGHT towards Cameron Highlands. Stay on the road and you will drive past the Blue Valley farms and a mosque on your left. After 5-10 min.look out for the Moonriver Lodge 1KM marker along the road.
Drive on until you come across another Moonriver Lodge road signage to the left. Turn left and drive on till you see a gate on your right, fronting a white row of living quarters. You would have reached your destination at the end of the path.
There are no car rental services in Cameron Higlands. Please rent your cars from the big cities/airports e.g. Kuala Lumpur, Penang or Ipoh. For car rentals from Ipoh, please visit www.carrentalipoh.com or contact email@example.com, +605 255 5510.
Travelling by Taxi is another option. You can hire a taxi to the other towns and tourist destinations during the day. Taxis ply along the main road or hail one from the nearby taxi stand.Maximum 4 pax per car. Take note that taxis will probably NOT run on a meter, so agree on a price before you board the taxi. Estimated price per car from Tanah Rata is between RM80 to 100 per route.
We are located in Lojing Kelantan. The closest town within touristic Cameron Highlands is Kampung Raja, a 20-min.car ride or 12Km from the lodge. Brinchang town is approx. 45 minutes away. It is an hour's drive from Ipoh city in Perak, and 3 hours by car from Kuala Lumpur city.
GPS Coordinates : N4.644566 E101.465148