Hostel Ka'beh Cancun
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- 24 Hour Security
- Air Conditioning
- Bicycle parking
- Board Games
- Book Exchange
- Free Breakfast
- Cable TV
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Currency Exchange
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free Parking
- Free WiFi
- Games Room
- Internet Access
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- Meeting Rooms
- Mini Supermarket
- No Curfew
- Outdoor Terrace
- Pet Friendly
- Steam Room
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels Included
- Wheelchair Friendly
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 2 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
Things to note:
• When booking with PayPal, in order to confirm your booking you must pay your balance immediately, with a 5% surcharge for PayPal fees to: HostelKabeh@gmail.com. If you cancel within our minimum 48-notification time, you will receive the appropriate refund.
• CCs are accepted with a 5% fee. To confirm your booking, you MUST send us the CVV/security code of the CC you used to book your bed. Your card may be charged and/or (tested) prior to your arrival. If you cancel within our minimum 48-notification time, you will receive the appropriate refund.
• Deposits paid via HW are only valid for the dates of the reservation made.
• This property maintains a two-night minimum via HW, booking for two nights and canceling one will invalidate your reservation
• We’re a pet friendly Hostel. We have a medium-sized dog and a cat on premises. The dog never goes inside the building, but loves to follow you around town, and while the cat should never go in the dorms, she’s a stubborn one. If you have an allergy to either, this may not be the ideal Hostel for you.
• We are NOT 420-friendly. Drugs are highly illegal in Mexico and they’re strictly prohibited at the Hostel. Anyone caught using or selling drugs will be removed & reported.
• Cancun is Hot and Humid year-round. Our air conditioning is only on from 9pm and 9am in the dorms. Private rooms have AC controls in their rooms.
• Cancun is divided into two parts: The Hotel Zone (28 km/17 miles of tourists + Hotels) is where all the beaches are, and Downtown (Centro, local) where the Hostel is located. We are extremely well located downtown as we're half a block from central Cancun (El Parque de las Palapas, amazingly cheap food), a 5 min walk from the bus station, a 30 seconds from catching the bus to the beach (10.50 pesos, about .60¢ USD), and a 2-minute walk from a super market. The closest beach to the Hostel is 3km/2miles away.
• Prices may vary on site, across channels, and according to time and availability. The only way to guarantee a price is by making a booking.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
From the airport, there are three main ways to get to the Hostel.
If you are coming from somewhere else in the region, skip down to the directions from the Bus Station.
If you are coming from the Hotel Zone in Cancun, you need to take the R-1 Bus to Downtown, and then the easiest thing will be to get dropped off at the ADO bus station and follow directions from there. You may notice that you will walk towards the direction you had come from. This is normal. Skip down to the directions from the Bus Station.
From the Airport:
The First and most expensive way is to take a Taxi. The Taxis must be from the licensed base at the airport and they cost between $40 and $60 USD, but can fit up to four people so you can share the cost.
The Second way is to take a Shuttle/Colectivo. This costs about $15 USD per person. The downside is that they take the long way to get to the Hostel (they go all the way through the 28km Hotel Zone dropping people off before they drop you off), so this takes the longest of the three options. The upside is that they drop you right in front of the Hostel.
Either way, by giving your driver these directions, either of these two options should be able to find us quickly:
'Para llegar al Hostal, desde la Tulum, toma 'La Av. COBA', despues del semaforo del seguro, dobla a la derecha como para ir al parque de las palapas. Justo antes de llegar al parque, a mano izquierda veras unas banderas, y un porton de madera grande. Este es el lugar!
La direccion exacta es: Calle Alcatraces #45, SM: 22 Mza: 10 Lt: 26, Cancun, Mexico'
Your Third, and cheapest option is to take a bus. Here are the directions to take it:
At the airport, the bus you need to take is called the "A-D-O" (ah - de - oh) and it leaves every 30 min. from Terminal 2. If you arrive at terminal 1 or 3, there should be a shuttle that leaves every 20 mins that takes you to Terminal 2 for free.
If you arrive at Terminal 2, then when exiting, ignore *everyone* trying to sell you a taxi, or a shuttle (They're aggressive and pushy) and walk to the **other** side of the Airport looking for a bus called 'the ADO'
The bus costs $72 MXN pesos or about 4 USD, makes no stops (it goes directly from the Airport to the Bus Station) and takes about 30 minutes, depending on traffic.
If you want to check the exact time table for the ADO buses, go to:
And for the field that says: "¿De dónde sales?” select:
“Aeropuerto Cancun, Q.Roo."
Then for the field that says: “¿A dónde vas?” select:
Then click: “Sencillo” (one way)
and input the date you need to take the bus for “fecha de ida”.
And lastly, click “Consultar"
Don’t forget to check the day after to see if there are any buses after midnight (just in case your flight gets delayed).
You don’t need to buy the tickets ahead of time. In our past experience, the site just doesn’t work, but it’s great for checking schedules.
Once you're at the Bus Station, you have two options: You can take a taxi, or walk to the Hostel.
Walking to the Hostel takes just over 5 minutes, but if you can't or don't want to, you can take a taxi from the bus station. If you take one of the taxis right in front of the station, they're going to charge you $40-$50 pesos. If you walk to the main avenue (Tulum Av), then you can grab a taxi for $30 pesos.
If you want to walk to the Hostel, follow these directions:
Leaving the bus station (stand facing the Oxxo establishment), you walk to your left, and then cross the Uxmal Av.
Slightly to your left there's a road called 'Margaritas', Walk straight and follow this road.
(note: if you're standing next to an 'Circle K' establishment, you're on the wrong road, start over!)
After a few minutes, you'll pass a church to your left, and then an open plaza with a stage that has a large thatch-hut like roof on your right, keep going.
Once you've passed the parking lot for this plaza, you're only half a block away!
Look for Flags and large open wooden doors just before the street corner. Welcome to Hostel Ka'beh! (Ring the bell if necessary!)
The hostel is half a block away from the main downtown square called 'El Parque de las Palapas'. Standing and looking at the stage from the street in front of it, the hostel is about a block to your left!