Perfectly positioned in the very heart of De Waterkant Village, The Charles is a private, intimate and original guesthouse.
From the roof decks of The Charles, guests can enjoy beautiful city views, especially late afternoons when the city lights up and the evenings come alive. Positioned opposite the gorgeous al fresco styled Cape Quarter piazza and the flamboyant crowd at Manhattan's Restaurant and bar, The Charles can be described as being 'The Spirit of the Village' in a town that surely is 'The fun Capital of Cape Town'.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
B&B Facilities & Policies
- 24 hour reception
- Age Restriction
- Airport transfers
- Bicycle hire
- Breakfast not included
- Ceiling fan
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Fax Service
- Free Internet Access
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Luggage Storage
- Outdoor Terrace
- Safety Deposit Box
- Swimming Pool
- Taxes included
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 7 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Guesthouse InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
7 days Cancellation Policy
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
- The Charles is located in De Waterkant Village, roughly situated between Signal Hill and the Waterfront, between the CBD and Green Point.
- Exit Airport Direction N2 Cape Town, and as you approach the city, follow the N2 CITY, FORESHORE, SEA POINT signage.
- Follow N2 Stad/City signs for 22kms until you arrive at the Coen Steytler Avenue traffic lights. The Cape Town International Convention Centre is on your left hand side and the V&A Waterfront on your right hand side. Proceed straight over the intersection.
- Cross over two more intersections and at the third traffic light, Strand Street, turn right.
- Turn into the fourth road to your right, Loader Street.
- Almost immediately, the roads makes a 90 degree turn to the left. 1 Loader is on the corner, on your left hand side.
- Carry on straight until you reach Dixon Street, turn right.
- The Charles is situated on the corner of Dixon and Waterkant Street on your left. Please avoid parking on the yellow or red lines.
The Charles is located in the heart of De Waterkant, tucked between Signal Hill, the CBD and the V&A Waterfront.
De Waterkant borders the Cape Town Fan Mile and is within walking distance to Cape Town Stadium.