A peaceful home-style hostel where you can hang out with friends watching movies and laying down in the garden!
Our place located nearby the Chiangmai university, out from the noise of tourism area but fully with cozy zone, all around local street food with local price, very close to the Doi Suthep mountain, markets, a stadium for sport, university swimming pool, Chiangmai Zoo, and Wat Umong temple.
Our staff here are spontaneous and ready to help. Sometimes we create a movie night, a birthday BBQ party, a mini-cooking class and a hiking trip to the temple (Wat Pha-Lat). You may also join a free-ride whenever we go to a local market and a temple. There won’t be any fee of our kind services for helping you rent a car, calling a cab, or booking tour packages. If you need help, please don't hesitate to ask away!
The hostel features:
Private rooms and Shared rooms with lockers
Accessible to AC, Wifi and abundant outlets in all rooms.
Living room with a TV
Soap and shampoo
Snack bar (free coffee and tea)
Free Bicycle rent
Washer and dryer
Ticket and Tour packages assistance
A local tour guide* (students from Chiangmai University)
Check-in: After 3:00 pm
Check-out: Before 12:00 pm
Office Hour: 8:00 am-8:00 pm
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- Air Conditioning
- Bicycle parking
- Board Games
- Free Breakfast
- Child Friendly
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Free Parking
- Free WiFi
- Hair Dryers
- Hot Showers
- Internet Access
- Iron / Ironing Board
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Meeting Rooms
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Reading Light
- Reception (limited hours)
- Taxes included
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels Included
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 7 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
Squirrel Hostel is a family-style hostel. We love our guests as much as our neighbors. Please be respectful to the neighbors and others by not making loud noise and late night party.
Things to note
1) Check in from 15:00-20:00 Contact the hostel for late check-in.
2) Check out Before 12:00 (noon)
3) Reception working hours: 8:00 – 20:00
4) Payment on Arrival: Cash (Credit won't be accepted upon arrival)
5) Cancellation or amendment must be made 7 days in advance prior to arrival.
6) Breakfast is included
7) NO smoking in Room, Smoking is allowed only at balcony and yard.
8) No illegal activity.
9) No pets allowed.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
3 ways to get from Chiangmai Airport to Squirrel Hostel.
Option 1: Take taxi airport straight to Squirrel Hostel. Price is variable, start at 200 THB
Option 2: Using Grab Car (recommended*): Download mobile application, Grab Car, put in the address. The final price will be shown before making a confirmation.
Option 3: Red-Truck (with 10 mins of walking)
- Take a Red-Truck to the back gate of Chiangmai University (CMU).
- Get off at Soi 8 (pass 7-11, at a triangle building on your left).
- Head south on Soi 8, walk 110 m.
- Turn right at the second turn (Soi 8/2), walk 45 m.
- Squirrel Hostel will be on the left.
Located closed to Chiangmai University where it stays outs from the busy area. All around local street food with the local price, very close to the Doi Suthep mountain, markets, a stadium for sport, university swimming pool, Chiangmai Zoo, and Wat Umong temple.
- 10 minute driving to the Chiangmai Airport
- 45 minute driving to Doi Suthep
- Walkable distance to Chiangmai University
- Walkable to Wat Pha Lat hike (Monk's trail)
- 1.3 km. to Wat Umong
- 3.1 km. to the Chiangmai Zoo