Canterbury House Christchurch
Welcome to our small hostel (only 14 people) for those travelers who like some space and a good nights sleep in our very comfortable beds. We have single, twins, doubles, and share rooms (3 beds), all beds fully made up with clean towels, and warm duvets, and heated during Winter. No sleeping bag allowed. Just 10 minutes walk to the first city shops.
Our hostel is home-style accommodation, and our large car park is situated at the end of a 100m drive way from the street so it is quiet and secure with good lighting. We have a T.V lounge for T.V watchers and a quiet reading lounge. Stay a day or two and relax in our beautiful garden. We have a family cat (Ragdoll) Melody, she is very friendly and will welcome you!
* Our last check in time is 10pm : If arriving after 10pm please contact us for instructions on how to enter the hostel and find your room
* Children : We are sorry but this hostel is not suitable for young children
* Payment must be in cash only
* WiFi available : free 20MB voucher, then MB for 10c
* Winter Special rates May to August
We offer all guests free tea, coffee, Milo, hot chocolate, a free guest phone, a hair dryer, free washing machine, two clothes lines for drying, (small charge for dryer), a free pick up from city center when possible, free pick up at door to train station for Tranz Alpine to Arthur's pass/Greymouth, or Tranz scenic to Kaikoura/Blenheim/Picton, and a free pick up/drop off at door for traveling with Atomic Travel in South Island. Airport shuttles also pick up at the door. We are next to Contiki Tours Christchurch departure point; just a 1 minute walk from hostel door to bus.
There is an Intercity bus stop (Bealey Ave), just 8 minutes walk from our gate.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- Bicycle parking
- Book exchange
- Breakfast not included
- Card phones
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Fax Service
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free Parking
- Free Wifi
- Hair Dryers
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- No Curfew
- Postal Service
- Reading Light
- Taxes included
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels Included
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
* From Christchurch airport, take Steve's airport Shuttle, they operate 24/7, cost $18 for 1 person, $23 for 2 people, $28 for 3 people, booking free phone 0800-101021
* From Train station, take Canterbury Shuttle, cost $10 per person
* FREE pick up from buses when possible
We are on Bealey Avenue, between Madras and Barbadoes streets
We are on Bealey avenue, between Madas and Baebadoes streets
10 minutes walk to first city shops
1 minute walk to bus stop to city & 1 minute walk from bus stop from city