Canterbury House Christchurch
Hi welcome to our small and home away home style Backpackers 'Canterbury House'. Situated just 10 minutes walk from the central city of Christchurch. Meet your friendly Kiwi and Japanese hosts
Welcome to our small hostel (only 14 people) for those travelers who like some space, a good nights sleep in our very comfortable beds. We have single, twins, doubles, share (3 beds), all beds fully made up with clean towels, warm duvets, no sleeping bag allowed, all rooms heated during the winter. Just 10 minutes walk to the first city shops.
Our hostel which is homestyle accommodation, our large car park is situated at the end of a 100m drive way from the street so it is quite and secure with good lighting. T.V lounge for T.V watchers also quiet reading lounge. Stay a day or two and relax in our beautiful garden. We have a family cat (Ragdoll) Melody, she is very friendly and will welcome you!
* Our last check in time is 10pm : If arriving after 10pm please contact us for instructions on how to enter the hostel and find your room
* Children : We are sorry but this hostel is not suitable for young children
* Payment must be in cash only
* WiFi available : free 20MB voucher, then MB for 10c
* Winter Special rates May to August
FREE tea, coffee, Milo, hot chocolate, sugar, etc
FREE guest phone
FREE hair dryer
FREE washing machine, two clothes lines for drying, small charge for drying machine
FREE pick up from City center when possible
FREE pick up at door to train station for Tranz Alpine to Arthur�s pass/Greymouth, Tranz scenic to Kaikoura/Blenheim/Picton
FREE pick up/drop off at door for traveling with Atomic Travel in South Island
* Airport shuttles pick up at the door
* Contiki Tours : This hostel is next to Contiki Tours Christchurch departure point, 1 minute walk from hostel door to bus.
* Intercity : present bus stop Bealey Ave, just 8 minutes walk from our gate.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
- Bicycle parking
- Card phones
- Fax Service
- Free Internet Access
- Free Parking
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Internet Access
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Postal Service
- Reading Light
- Towels For Hire
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
* From Christchurch airport, take Steve's airport Shuttle, they operate 24/7, cost $18 for 1 person, $23 for 2 people, $28 for 3 people, booking free phone 0800-101021
* From Train station, take Canterbury Shuttle, cost $10 per person
* FREE pick up from buses when possible
We are on Bealey Avenue, between Madras and Barbadoes streets
We are on Bealey avenue, between Madas and Baebadoes streets 10 minutes walk to first city shops 1 minute walk to bus stop to city & 1 minute walk from bus stop from city