More than an inexpensive overnight stay amidst the heart of Dresden! Just a 3 min walk from train station Dresden-Neustadt a cosy place with friendly & helpful staff waiting for you ... come in and convince yourself!
What seems impossible - we have it:
calm AND centrally located...
- 3 min. walk from railway station Dresden-Neustadt....
- 5 min. walk to night-life district
- 15 min. walk to historical district
* free internet
* free WLAN
* Reception open from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m.
24 Check-in & Out possible – Please give us a note!
* snacks & drinks for sale; tea, sugar and spices for free
* linen necessary; for hire 2 Euro once (from 3 nights on free)
we accept unused fresh linen (mattress-, blanket & pillow-cover)
NO sleeping bags allowed!
* rooms mainly with washbasin
* separate female rooms on request
* lockers in dormitories
* cosy lounge and a fully equipped self service kitchen
* laundry service
* free city map
* a 3-5 min. walk to the railway station Dresden-
Neustadt, bus, tram, train station, auto rental, bike
rental, grocery store, chemist, drugstore, bakery,
international news stand, doctors, banks, post office
* 5 min. walk to the largest shopping and bar district ...
you can shop in hundreds of little stores, enjoy a break
in just one of the many cafes and cosy little bars, and at
the end of the day, experience the Dresden Neustadt
* 15 min. walk to the historical downtown with the
Semper Opera, the Zwinger, the Frauenkirche,
galleries and museums. For shopping you will find the
Altmarktgalerie & Centrumgalerie ( big shopping
arcades) and the shopping street Prager Strasse.
* 15 - 20 min. walk to Messegelaende Ostragehege
(exhibitions & concerts) and International Congress-Center
The hostel is located on a very quiet side road and has it's own parking lot.
Whether in the main building or the hundred year old Villa - everybody will find a little corner here:
* in the reception area our friendly staff are waiting for you and will advise you and provide you with all the important information you need to have a wonderful holiday
* in our bar we offer drinks
* our large and well equipped kitchen offers a convenient alternative to eating out
* in our breakfast room you can spoil yourself with our extensive buffet (6 Euro)
* the rooms are mostly equipped with washbasin
* bathrooms and toilets are situated on the floor
* in our common room you can meet interesting people or relax in a hammock
* you will have a good nights sleep in our individually designed rooms
The large lawn allows BBQ nights and crackling campfires at the end of the day ... you should come in and enjoy your stay!
We help you plan and organize your holiday, and make sure that our guests can lean back and relax in a comfortable atmosphere at the end of a long day ... just come by and make yourself at home!
For travellers with BABIES & KIDS under 14:
* PLEASE NOTE that you have to book a bed for each
person (even for little babies! For our little guests we
provide a crib/travel bed, just let us know!)
* We do not accept kids to sleep in the dormitories!
Please book a private room!
* we have a special family house -please
get in touch after your booking to secure a place
We don't accept credit or debit cards - payment in cash on arrival. There is an ATM just around the corner from the hostel.
Starting July 1st, 2015 the city of Dresden is charging its guests with a lodging tax. This tax depends on the duration of stay and will be calculated from the total price of the accommodation cost. More information about the tax you will find at the website of the town Dresden.
This Hostel is NO GROUP-HOUSE - in case you are more than 8 people and you will make several small bookings to avoid / bypass the automatically limit by Hostel World we will cancel these bookings again (please consider that you will lose the deposit which you pay directly to Hostel World with the booking!). In case we will realize that you are a group not until your arrival we will NOT check you in and in case we realize it after the check in we will check out the group immediately (before the departure).
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- Bicycle parking
- Breakfast Not Included
- Cable TV
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Not Accepted
- Telephone/Fax Facilities
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free Parking
- Free WiFi
- Hair Dryers
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- Internet Access
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Linen Not Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Outdoor Terrace
- Postal Service
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 2 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
FREE of Charge
written note (email / fax) until two days before arrival day 8 a.m.
Charge of 1st night
written note (email / fax) 24 hours before arrival day 8 a.m.
100 % of booking
written note less than 24 hours before arrival day 8 a.m. or NO SHOW
Even you have to cancel less than 24 hours before - please get in touch as soon as possible to give the hostel the chance of reselling the beds to other guests. We will only charge you, if we are not able to resell the beds.
Please note: CASH-PAYMENT only on arrival. There is an ATM at the train station.
NO SLEEPING BAGS allowed. Bed linen are necessary.
You can bring your own clean sheets
(pillow-, blanket- and mattress cover - freshly washed)
Sheets for Rent: 2 Euro (from 3 nights for free)
The city of Dresden collects a Lodging fee, which must be paid on arrival and is calculated from your price per night. It varies between 1 and 3 Euro per night and person and has
to be paid in cash also on arrival.
We do not except bookings for more than 8 people. If you make several small bookings to bypass the limit, we will cancel these bookings (please consider that you will lose the paid deposit).
In case we don’t realize that you are a group until your arrival but can see it at the check in, we will NOT check you in and in case we realize it after the check in we will check out the group immediately (before the departure).
We are located near train station Neustadt. If your arrival is later than 10 pm, please give us a short note. But no worries, someone will be there to check you in at any time.
We are happy to welcome you!
See you soon at the kangaroo-stop!
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
How to find us...
From railway station 'Dresden-Neustadt':
- walk straight on the 'Antonstrasse' direction 'Albertplatz' and take the first left and you will find us on the right side (all together 3-4 min).
From main train station 'Hauptbahnhof':
- take the city train S1 or S2 for two stations till railway station Dresden Neustadt ... then walk like before (all together 10-15 min).
From the airport:
- take the city train S2 for 4 stations to railway station 'Dresden-Neustadt' ... then walk like before (all together 15-20 min).
From the Elbe-Radweg,
from the 'Augustusbruecke':
- (pass the 'Goldener Reiter') go direction Albertplatz, turn left direction railway station 'Dresden-Neustadt', then turn right into the second street and you will find us on the right side.
from motorway A4 exit 'Dresden-Hellerau':
- B170 direction center, turn left before railway station 'Dresden-Neustadt' into 'Loessnitzstrasse', go straight on and next turn right. Go straight on again till Erna-Berger-Strasse and you will find us on the left side.
We are located absolutely central & calm in Dresden Neustadt:
3 min walk from the railway station Dresden-Neustadt
5 min walk to the shopping & nightlife district
10-15 min walk to the historical part of Dresden
The house is situated in a calm side road and easy to reach by train, tram, car or bike.