Barnacles Temple Bar House
Barnacles Temple Bar House is situated on the cobbled streets of Dublin's Cultural District - Temple Bar. We are only two doors away from the famous 'Temple Bar' pub, and a minute's walk from everywhere else - cafes, pubs, transport, internet cafes, banks and so much more.
Barnacles Temple Bar House was voted No 1 BEST HOSTEL IN DUBLIN for 2009 AND voted No. 6 in the TOP 10 BEST HOSTELS IN IRELAND in 2009 by Hostelworld customers (and we are really delighted about this!:)
To quote the 2009 Lonely Planet: "Bright and spacious, in the heart of Temple Bar, this hostel is immaculately clean, has nice laid-out ensuite dorms and doubles with in-room storage. Because of its location, rooms are quieter to the back. Top facilities, comfy lounge and linen and towels provided"
Stay with us and you will understand why Barnacles is the perfect place for the modern traveler.
• Situated on the cobbled streets of Dublin's Cultural District - Temple Bar
• We are only two doors away from the famous 'Temple Bar' pub, and a minutes walk from everywhere else - cafes, pubs, transport, internet cafes, banks and so much more
• Close to tourist sites like Trinity College, Dublin Castle, The Old Jameson Distillery, Christchurch Cathedral and more
Heaps of Fun
• Our staff are young, helpful and friendly, as well as knowledgeable on what's on and what to do in and around Dublin - and they can make reservations for you
• There is no curfew, so you have lots of time to explore the pubs and bars of Temple Bar
• We make it easy to meet other travelers, with a selection of chill out areas and a variety of group activities on offer
• If you want to stay in, visit our newly refurbished lounge where we have a huge DVD collection, fussball table and lots of good cheer
Comforts of Home
• Centrally heated, our cozy rooms have hot showers, comfy mattresses and individual reading lights to ensure you have a good rest
• We can make your stay easier, the basics are for hire - like hair dryers and adaptors - international phone cards are on sale, we can exchange your foreign currency, do your laundry and cook you dinner
• All dorms and ensuite bathrooms are cleaned daily and beds made with fresh linen
• We are committed to being the cleanest hostel in Dublin
• Our housekeeping team are permanent and professional staff who care about what they do
Safe and Secure
• Reception is staffed 24 hours per day
• Each bed has a built in under-bed locker to secure your luggage
• All rooms have electronic security card access keys
• Left luggage facilities are available
• We have all the facilities you need - free light breakfast, a fully equipped kitchen, free internet access and WIFI, laundry service, tour ticket desk, and more
• Less than a 5 minute walk to the supermarkets, convenience stores, banks and the post office
• Coming in from the airport the nearest bus stop is a 5 minute walk away. Parking (discounted rate) is only 2 minutes walk away and bicycle storage on the premises
Heading to Galway as well? Barnacles Quay Street House can be your next stop.
What can we offer our guests?
Clean & comfy beds
24 hour access to hostel
Discounts to most tourist attractions
Free walking tour of the city
Free Movie nights & popcorn
Free book swap
Discounted hop on-hop off city tour ticktes
Discounted car parking
24 hour reception
Bureau de Change
Car Hire reservations
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 hour reception
- 24 hour security
- Airport transfers
- Bicycle parking
- Board Games
- Book exchange
- Breakfast Included
- Cable TV
- Card phones
- Common Room
- Currency exchange
- Fax Service
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free Wifi
- Games Room
- Hair Dryers
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Jobs Board
- Key Card Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Mini Supermarket
- Postal Service
- Reading Light
- Safety Deposit Box
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
We pre-authorised guest’s credit card for the first night stay the day before arrival. Guest can do a completion on arrival or pay by other method.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
Coming in from the airport, the nearest bus stop is only a five-minute walk away.
From the airport via Airport Shuttle Bus:
The Aircoach operates every 15-20 minutes and costs �7 one-way. The journey takes approximately 30 minutes.
Take the Aircoach as far as Trinity College on College Green. From there walk back to Dame Street and walk along until you come to Temple Lane South. Walk down Temple Lane South and you will find Barnacles halfway down the lane.
From the airport via the 16A - City Bus:
This bus costs �2.20 and takes approximately an hour and 20 minutes. They pass the airport every 25 minutes or so.
You can take this bus as far as Dame Street. It will drop you opposite the Central Bank in Temple Bar. Cross the road and walk along Dame Street until you get to Temple Lane South. Barnacles is located halfway down this lane.
From the airport via taxis/cabs:
There is a taxi depot outside the arrivals hall at the airport. From the Airport to Temple Bar it can cost from �25 to �30 (and no more) depending on the time of day and the traffic. Ask the driver for an approximate price guide before you get in and be careful you�re not taken on the scenic route.
From the Central Bus Station (Busaras):
From the central bus station, walk around by the large building on your left (Dublin�s Custom House). Follow the path along by the River Liffey. Cross the river at O�Connell Bridge and turn right, along Aston Quay, past USIT travel agents. At Merchants Arch, turn into Temple Bar, then turn right at the end of the alleyway, then take the 2nd right at The Temple Bar Pub and we�re two doors up from the pub. We�re located on Temple Lane South.
From Dun Laoghaire Ferryport by DART:
This is Dublin City�s rapid train service and it operates from Dun Laoghaire Dart Station to Tara Street Station in Dublin�s City Centre. Turn left of the station and walk down along the Quay�s past USIT travel. At Merchants Arch, turn into Temple Bar, then turn right at the end of the alleyway, then take the 2nd right at The Temple Bar Pub and we�re two doors up from the pub. We are located on Temple Lane South.
From Dun Laoghaire Ferryport by bus:
Take the 46A bus into city centre and disembark at Fleet Street. Walk down Fleet Street and turn right at The Temple Bar Pub. We�re two doors up from the pub, on Temple Lane South. This is just a five-minute walk.
From B&I Ferry Terminal North Wall:
Take the City Express bus to the Central Bus Station (Busaras) and follow the directions as above to Temple Bar.
We are located two doors up from the Temple Bar Pub and across the street from the the Button Factory music venue in Temple Bar.