Garden Lane Backpackers
Cancellation policy: 72 hours before arrival.
The first night will be charged 72 hours prior arrival and in case of no-show the first night will be taken. In case of card declined guest has 24h time to provide a new details otherwise the reservation will be automatically cancelled. Please note that all the payments by America Express have an extra charge of 3%
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- Age Restriction
- Board Games
- Book Exchange
- Free Breakfast
- Cable TV
- Card Phones
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Games Room
- Hair Dryers
- Hot Showers
- Internet Access
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Late check-out
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Outdoor Terrace
- Reading Light
- Reception (limited hours)
- Steam Room
- Taxes included
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Vending Machines
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Friendly
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 3 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
arden Lane Policies & Conditions:
Cancellation policy: 72 hours prior arrival.
Reception is open from 8 am. Check-in time is from 14:30 until 22:00. For late check-ins please contact the property.
A VALID Passport or official photo ID for all the guests (Student Card not accepted) is required in order to complete the check-in procedure.
Guests are required to show credit card upon check-in.
This property may pre-authorise the amount of the first night of your stay 72 hours prior arrival.
Car park is available for €10 a day.
Age Restrictions ONLY for dormitories: 18-45 years old.
In case of reservations for 4 or more individuals a security deposit of EUR 30 per person is required upon arrival for incidentals. This deposit is fully refundable upon check-out and subject to a damage inspection of the accommodation.
Guests in groups of 2 people and more wishing to be accommodated in the same dorm room will need to contact the property prior to arrival for their preference. This will be subject to availability.
Management has the right to refuse admission.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
From the Airport
This is a step by step description of the easiest, fastest (and cheapest) way to get from Dub-lin Airport to Garden Lane Backpackers:
1. Just outside the Airport you need to take the bus 747 toward Heuston Station, it takes about 40 mins and costs 6 euros (10 euros for a return ticket).
2. Get off at Christchurch Cathedral (9 stops from the Airport).
3. Once you get off, walk toward Christchurch Cathedral (really distinct building, you can't miss it) and remain in the main street. After about 5 mins walking, make a left into Thomas Street (you should see a SPAR on the right).
4. Then you will see Francis Street on your left (after the pharmacy but before the café), take it and follow the road until Carman’s Hall (on the right, opposite O’Sullivan’s Antiques). Take that street and keep walking until Ash Street (second on the right) and then immedi-ately turn right again. You are now in Garden Lane and we are the only address in this small street.
From Busaras/Connelly Station
1. Walk down the street to Connolly Station
2. Take bus 27 towards Jobstown
3. Get off at Warrenmount, The Coombe
4. Walk back in the direction the bus came from and take a left on the Coombe
5. Take the second street right (Ash street)
6. Garden Lane is immediately on the third street to the right.
From central Dublin
Walk west on Dame street towards Christchurch Cathedral. From there, follow from step 3 in the airport instructions.
On Google Maps
Look for 'Garden Lane'. We're the only address on this small street.
We're tucked away in a side street just off of Francis Street.
We have the best location for visiting the Guinness Storehouse, Jameson Distillery, Christchurch Cathedral, Saint Patrick Cathedral, Dublin Castle and the Brazen Head - Ireland's oldest pub!!
And we're only a ten-minute walk to Grafton Street, Temple Bar and Trinity College.
There are many restaurants, shops, bars, pubs and supermarkets just around the corner. You'll never be short of things to do here!