Cancellation policy: 72 hours before arrival.
The first night will be charged 72 hours prior arrival and in case of no-show the first night will be taken. In case of card declined guest has 24h time to provide a new details otherwise the reservation will be automatically cancelled. Please note that all the payments by America Express have an extra charge of 3%
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- 24 Hour Security
- Airport Transfers
- Bicycle hire
- Bicycle parking
- Board Games
- Free Breakfast
- Cable TV
- Child Friendly
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Telephone/Fax Facilities
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Games Room
- Hair Dryers
- Hot Showers
- Hot Tub
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Iron / Ironing Board
- Key Card Access
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Pool Table
- Reading Light
- Safe Deposit Box
- Shuttle Bus
- Taxes included
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Vending Machines
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 3 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
Gardiner House Policies & Conditions:
Cancellation policy: 72 hours prior arrival.
Please note in case of events such as St. Patrick, New Year's Eve, concerts and sports big events the amount of the reservation will be charged at the moment of the booking and no refund will be given in case of cancellation.
Reception is open 24 hours. Check-in time is from 15:00.
All guests must present a valid picture ID (EU guests: Passport or driving licence, NON EU guests: Passport) in order to complete the check-in procedure.
Guests are required to show credit card upon check-in.
Please note that we require authorization from card owner for charges - in case it does not match booking name
This property may pre-authorise the amount of the first night of your stay 3 days prior arrival.
Car park is available for €10 a day.
Age Restrictions ONLY for dormitories: No minors will be accepted in shared dormitories:
• Groups with minors must be accompanied by a responsible adult staying in the hostel and holding parental approval for the minors. Adults and minors cannot share dormitory's.
• Minors cannot be facilitated in shared or mixed dormitories with guests outside of their group. If minors are part of the group, the numbers must occupy the full dorm and we will charge for the remaining bed spaces. Minors must be split between male and female dormitory's.
• We cannot accommodate minors under 14 years of age.
In the case of reservations for 4 or more individuals a security deposit of EUR 30 per person is required upon arrival for incidentals. This deposit is fully refundable upon check-out and subject to a damage inspection of the accommodation.
Guests in groups of 2 people and more wishing to be accommodated in the same dorm room will need to contact the property prior to arrival for their preference. This will be subject to availability.
Management has the right to refuse admission.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
Direction from the Airport to Gardiner House:
This is a step by step description of the easiest, fastest (and cheapest) ways to get from Dublin Airport to Gardiner House.
This is a step by step description of the easiest, fastest (and cheapest) way to get from Dublin Airport to Gardiner House:
1. Just outside the Airport you need to take the bus 747 toward Heuston Station, it takes about 40 mins and costs 7 euros (10 euros for a return ticket).
2. Get off at O’Connell Street (8 stops from the Airport).
3. Once you get off, walk towards Spire.
4. Once you get at the “Spire” keep walking for about 5 minutes until Parnell Square east and finally turn right on Gardiner place.
5. Enter Gardiner place street and walk till the end
6. When you come to the end of the street you will see a big park in front of you ( Mountjoy square Park )
7. Turn left and after 1 minutes walking you will find “Gardiner House” on your right side.
1. Just outside the Airport take the Air coach Bus route 700: Towards Dublin City Centre which takes about 30 mins (and costs 7 euros).
2. Get off at O’Connell Street (Just two stops)
3. Head north on O'Connell Street toward Parnell St
4. Turn right onto Parnell St
5. Turn left onto Gardiner Street UPPER and keep following the road, Gardiner House Hostel will be on the right
1.Walk for 7 minutes (514 metres) to Dublin Airport, Terminals 1 and 2 (stop #7347)
2.Take the 16 or 41 Bus, for about 32 minutes (30 stops) €3.30 to Dorset St, North Circular Road
3.Walk for 5 minutes and turn left on Gardiner Street Upper until number 76 just beside the church.
Direction from Busaras and Connolly Train station to Gardiner House Hostel:
About 10 min walking
1. Turn left in Frenchman’s lane
2.Turn right onto Gardiner Street Lower
3. Keep walking north for about 10 minutes until 76 UPPER GARDINER STREET.
On Google Maps:
Look for '76 Gardiner Street Upper’ or type “Gardiner House Hostel”
We are based in Upper Gardiner Street next to Mountjoy Park only a few minutes walking from O’Connel Street which is the main street of Dublin. We are only a few minutes walking from the Bus Stop 747 coming from Dublin Airport in only 30 minutes! We're also near to Busaras, the central bus station and Connolly train station. Indeed it’s a very easy walk to the O2 and Croke Park (The legendary stadium of Dublin)