The Edinburgh Backpackers Hostel offers a good location, friendly staff, a lively atmosphere and comfortable beds at affordable prices.
***BUILDING MAINTENANCE from 11/03/19 - One of our building which houses some of our private rooms will be having upgrade/maintenance works in the entry hall from 11/03/19. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.***
Set in an 18th-century building in the centre of the historic Old Town, we are 50 metres from the Royal Mile and less than two minutes’ walk from the train station and airport shuttle bus. We're ideally situated for all the city’s best attractions and nightlife.
We have clean and spacious dormitories and a few private rooms in our main building. We also have a large number of other private rooms housed in self-catering apartments in two separate buildings on the same street.
Facilities include a kitchen, a pool room and a chill-out room with Sky television.
We operate a 24-hour reception and do not have a curfew.
Please read our Must-Read Hostel Info below before booking.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- Board Games
- Book Exchange
- Breakfast Not Included
- Cable TV
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free City Tour
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Games Room
- Hair Dryers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Iron / Ironing Board
- Jobs Board
- Key Card Access
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Pool Table
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Towels For Hire
- Vending Machines
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 2 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
• No under 12's in our hostels under any cirumstances, no under 18's in our dormitories
• All under 18's (no under 12's) must be booked into a private room with an adult.
• No-shows shall be charged the full amount of the reservation.
• There is a 10 GBP CASH refundable key deposit for all guests.
• Photo ID (drivers licence, passport) is required to check in to the hostel. If you're unable to produce photo ID on arrival we will not honour your booking.
• Check-in: 2pm. Check out: 10am.
• Group bookings of more than 8 people must contact us directly before you make the booking. Be aware that if you book online for a group, your reservation will be cancelled and you will lose the 15% deposit.
SPECIAL EVENT BOOKINGS
• August / Rugby / Bank Holiday Weekends / Easter /Hogmanay etc.
• The hostel will charge your card the full amount one month before arrival.
• If you will be arriving in less than a month the charge will be made within 24hrs.
• Cancellations – Once you have paid in full, no refunds will be issued.
We accept all major credit/debit cards.
Card Charges for non-European Economic Area residents and Business/Corporate Accounts
Under £25.00 - £0.50
Over £25.00 - 3% of total
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
From the Train Station take the exit to Waverley Bridge. When you are on the street turn Left and continue for one hundred metres and there will be a small roundabout. On the otherside of the roundabout is Cockburn Street. Head up the street to Number 65. We're right next to the Southern Cross Cafe.
From the Airport Shuttle bus. Turn left when exiting the bus. Head along the street for 100 metres and there will be a small roundabout. On the otherside of the roundabout is Cockburn Street. Head up the street to Number 65. We're right next to the Southern Cross Cafe.
Driving? Follow directions the the Royal Mile (High Street) and turn down Cockburn Street (one way traffic).
We are located 50 metres from the world-famous Royal Mile and two minutes' walk from the train station. Princes Street, the Castle, Palace, Walter Scott Monument and numerous other art galleries and museums are located less than a five- or 10-minute walk away.