Edinburgh Central Youth Hostel
Welcome to Edinburgh Central Youth Hostel, a 5-star hostel located within walking distance of most of the City's tourist attractions. Ideal for single travellers, families and groups (including stag and hen parties), we have safe and comfortable rooms, accessible only with a keycard, with lockers, linen and en-suite bathrooms. Facilities include a self-catering kitchen and dining area, laundry services, a restaurant and a café/bar with plasma television and wireless internet access. We also offer airport transfers.
We operate a 24-hour reception and do not have a curfew.
Disabled access rooms are available.
Breakfast is served between 07:30 and 10:00.
- All rooms are non-smoking
- In the event of a no-show, your credit card will be charged the full amount of your booking.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 hour reception
- 24 hour security
- Bicycle parking
- Book exchange
- Breakfast not included
- Child Friendly
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Fax Service
- Free City Maps
- Free Wifi
- Hair Dryers
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Key Card Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Meals Available
- Meeting Room
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Postal Service
- Reading Light
- Safety Deposit Box
- Taxes included
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Vending Machines
- Wheelchair Accessible
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 3 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
We respectfully remind our guests that pets are not permitted in the Hostel.
Check in time is 3pm
Check out time is 10am on the day of your departure.
* If you are looking to explore Scotland you can book sightseeing tours to suit your budget on site with our partner Timberbush. We can book Hostels for your onward journey at reception.
* Please note check in time is from 3pm, and check-out is at10am on the day of your departure.
* All rooms are Non Smoking and pets are not permitted.
* In the event of a no-show, your credit/debit card will be debited for the total cost of your stay.
* Breakfast prices: Continental: GBP 4.25
Scottish: GBP 5.95
We look forward to welcoming you to our Hostel!
***Please note our Group booking policy:
• When booking for more than 9 persons, different policies and additional supplements will apply
• Please note that no stag or hen parties are permitted at any youth hostel.
• Full payment will be required within 8 weeks of arrival as otherwise the booking will automatically be cancelled
• Full SYHA Hostelling Scotland Terms and Conditions will apply and be issued to all group bookings.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
The youth hostel is a short 15 minute walk from Waverley Station. Exit Waverley Station onto Princes Street. Cross and turn right along Princes Street. Turn left at the St James Shopping Centre and walk along Leith Street to Picardy Place roundabout. Continue along Leith Walk for approx. 400 metres to find the youth hostel on the corner at Haddington Place on Leith Walk.
By Bus & Tram:
From St Andrews Bus Station, or York Place for the tram, the youth hostel is just a 5 minute walk. Exit the bus station onto York Place. Walk along York Place to Picardy Place roundabout. Turn left at the roundabout and walk along Leith Walk for approximately 400m to find the youth hostel on the corner at Haddington Place on Leith Walk.
From Edinburgh Airport take the Airlink service 100 which runs 24 hours per day and takes approx 25 minutes from the airport to Waverley Bridge. From there continue onto Princes Street.Turn Right along Princes Street and then left at the St James Shopping Centre and walk along Leith Street to Picardy Place roundabout. Continue along Leith Walk for approx. 400 metres, to find the youth hostel on the corner at Haddington Place on Leith Walk.
From the North & West follow signs for the city centre and travel along Queen Street, onto York Place. At the roundabout take the first exit onto Leith Walk. Edinburgh Central Youth Hostel is situated 400 metres from the roundabout on the left hand side, at the corner of Haddington Place on Leith Walk and Annadale Street.
From the South & East follow the A1 towards the city centre approaching the city via Leith Walk. The youth hostel is situated at the corner of Haddington Place on Leith Walk and Annadale Street.
Please note there is no parking at the youth hostel, though there are limited on-street parking facilities close by. The nearest car park is situated at Greenside NCP, just a few minutes walk from the youth hostel on Leith Street
Edinburgh Central is located in the city centre of Edinburgh and only a short walking distance away from Waverley Rail Station, Edinburgh Bus Station and the newly launched Edinburgh Tram network.