Edinburgh Central Youth Hostel
Welcome to Edinburgh Central Youth Hostel, a 5-star hostel located within walking distance of most of the City's tourist attractions. Ideal for single travellers, families and groups (including stag and hen parties), we have safe and comfortable rooms, accessible only with a keycard, with lockers, linen and en-suite bathrooms. Facilities include a self-catering kitchen and dining area, laundry services, a restaurant and a café/bar with plasma television and wireless internet access. We also offer airport transfers.
We operate a 24-hour reception and do not have a curfew.
Disabled access rooms are available.
Breakfast is served between 07:30 and 10:00.
- All rooms are non-smoking
- In the event of a no-show, your credit card will be charged the full amount of your booking.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- 24 Hour Security
- Bicycle parking
- Book Exchange
- Breakfast Not Included
- Child Friendly
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Telephone/Fax Facilities
- Free City Maps
- Free WiFi
- Hair Dryers
- House Keeping
- Key Card Access
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- Meals Available
- Meeting Rooms
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Postal Service
- Reading Light
- Safe Deposit Box
- Taxes included
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Vending Machines
- Wheelchair Friendly
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 3 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
Check-in time is 15.00.
Check out time is 10.00 on the day of your departure.
• All rooms are Non Smoking and pets are not permitted.
• In the event of a no-show, your credit/debit card will be debited for the total cost of your stay.
• Continental or Scottish breakfast is available from 7.30 to 10.00 and our licensed Haddington Place Cafe is open from 7.30 to 23.00 (serving snacks and meals from 10.00 to 21.00)
• If you are looking to explore Scotland you can book sightseeing tours to suit your budget on-site with our partner Timberbush. We can also book youth hostels for your onward journey at reception.
We look forward to welcoming you to Edinburgh Central Youth Hostel!
Please note our Group booking policy:
• When booking for more than 9 people, different policies and additional supplements will apply.
• Please note that no stag or hen parties are permitted at any youth hostel.
• Full payment will be required within 8 weeks of arrival as otherwise the booking will automatically be cancelled.
• Full SYHA Hostelling Scotland Terms and Conditions will apply and be issued to all group bookings.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
By train: Edinburgh Central is a 10 minute walk from Waverley Station. Exit Waverley Station onto Princes Street, then cross and turn right along Princes Street. Turn left at the St James Shopping Centre and walk along Leith Street to Picardy Place roundabout. Continue along Leith Walk for approximately 400m. The youth hostel is on the corner at Haddington Place on Leith Walk
By bus and tram: from St Andrews Bus Station, or York Place for the tram, Edinburgh Central is just a 5 minute walk. Exit the bus station onto York Place. Walk along York Place to Picardy Place roundabout. Turn left at the roundabout and walk along Leith Walk for approximately 400m to find the youth hostel on the corner at Haddington Place on Leith Walk
By air: from Edinburgh Airport, take the Airlink service bus 100 which runs 24 hours a day and takes about 25 minutes from the airport to Waverley Bridge. Fares from £4.50 single or £7.50 return www.flybybus.com. Then follow directions from the train station. Alternatively, a taxi from the airport will cost around £20 with journey time about 25 minutes. Trams also run a frequent service from the airport to the city centre www.edinburghtrams.com. Journey time is 35 minutes
From the north and west – follow signs for the City Centre and travel along Queen Street, onto York Place. At the roundabout take the first exit onto Leith Walk. Edinburgh Central is 400m from the roundabout on the left hand side, corner of Haddington Place on Leith Walk and Annadale Street
From the south and east – follow the A1 towards the city centre, approaching the city via Leith Walk. The youth hostel is at the corner of Haddington Place on Leith Walk and Annadale Street
Please note that there is no car park at Edinburgh Central. The nearest available free parking is five minutes away on Pilrig Street.
Edinburgh Central is just ten minutes on foot from Waverley railway station, the bus station and close to York Place tram stop. It’s within walking distance of Edinburgh's main attractions, including Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile, the National Museum of Scotland, Dynamic Earth and the Scottish Parliament. Edinburgh Playhouse and the Omni Centre are close by. And, of course, it's a great place to stay when looking for accommodation during the Edinburgh Festival and Fringe Festival.