Mountain Hostel Tarter
Perfect for mountain sports and activities like skiing, snowboarding, freeride, freestyle, and ski touring in winter season, and mountain biking, hiking, and trail running in summer season. And don't forget your swimsuit to enjoy our outdoor pool-jacuzzi with hot water, also in winter!
Open all year.
We offer a very cosy atmosphere, and furthermore we are an ECO-FRIENDLY hostel: we use solar energy and facilities that contribute to save energy. And we are also a BIKE-FRIENDLY hostel, with all services for bikers and cyclists: security box, personal padlock, workshop area with tools, and wash area.
Imagine sleeping in Andorra, at the front door of an impressive ski resort such as Grandvalira, with over 200km of slopes at your disposal in one most amazing surrounding of the Pyrenean Mountains... Imagine a rustic home, with the typical Andorran architecture built over 200 years ago, recently restored and with solar power... Imagine staying in modern facilities, recently inaugurated, warm, where rustic and comfort blend in with your favourite hobby... Imagine enjoying Andorra in a friendly atmosphere, where you share with fellow travellers your passion for mountain sports. Well stop imagining and make it happen! Welcome to Mountain Hostel Tarter!
A new concept of accommodation situated in El Tarter, 200 meters away from Grandvalira, El Tarter ski resort’s main access, where you’ll also find the best snowpark of the Pyrenees and over 200km of ski slopes!
Mountain Hostel Tarter is a unique establishment in Andorra, made for travellers by travellers and designed to offer what we usually look out for when we’re travelling: a comfy and practical place to stay, in a warm and friendly atmosphere. All of this with the best quality/price you’ll find, and in a renewed rustic and sustainable home.
So forget about the accommodation and sleeping..! We’re here for that! It’s up to you to make the most out of your days in Andorra, practicing your favourite sport or hobby by the way, which one is it? Ski, snowboard, telemark, randone skiing, freestyle, freeride, mountain biking, downhill biking, trekking, Via Ferradas, etc. Enjoy it!
- Large outdoor terrace with solarium, pool-jacuzzi and outdoor barbecue with panoramic mountain views
- Modern bathroom with toilets, showers and washbasin. They are shared and mixed, but with individual cabins, of course! We also offer hot water 24hrs. Towels for rent for 2 EUR.
- All services for cyclists: locked bike room, high pressure water hose to clean your bike, a stand with tools to fix or check your bike for the next day, air pump for tires.
- Dining room with a full equipped and communal kitchen where guests can make themselves a hearty meal or quick snack. You also have vending machines for drinks and snacks, 24hrs.
- A small grocery store where you can buy the ingredients for your favourite dishes, and other primary items. If you don't want cook, we offer quality prepared meals.
- A very cozy living room with fireplace, sofas, puffs, television, reading, table games and free Wi-Fi, where you can relax, or surf the net beside the fireplace.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hostel, also in the rooms.
- For skiers and snowboarders there’s a boot dryer and ski locker service.
- Winter activities: skiing, snowboarding, telemark, freestyle, free ride, ski touring, snowshoeing, heliski, paragliding
- Summer activities: mountain downhill bike, cross-country mountain bike, road bike, hiking (peaks and lakes), trail running, via ferrata, and all mountain sports you can imagine!
- Trips, tours and mountain guided activities can also be booked at our reception, so don't be afraid to ask.
- We will help you organize your days in Andorra, and we’ll give you good recommendations on any subject, so you can enjoy your stay with us.
We have four dorm types available: 4 beds, 5 beds, 6 beds and twin private room. The occupation of the hostel is 40 people.
- Room for 4 people, with two bunk beds
- Room for 5 people, with two bunk beds and an individual bed.
- Room for 6 people, with three bunk beds.
- Twin Private Room: with two individual beds together.
In all rooms, each bed has its own reading light and socket. All rooms have heating and free Wi-Fi. From all our windows you can see the mountain and the sky.
Bed sheets, linen and duvet are provided and all rooms have security lockers. You will need a padlock. If you don't have padlock we can sell you one for 2,50 EUR.
Cancellation policy: 2 days before arrival. If you cancel with less than 48h in advance or it is NO SHOW, 100% of the reservation will be charged.
Check in time: from 5.00 p.m. to 9.00 p.m.
Check Out Time: 11.00 am
If the day of your arrival you will arrive later than 9.00pm, please let us know, because we do not have a 24h reception so we can prepare your ticket.
Method of payment on arrival: Cash, Credit cards, Debit cards
Breakfast is not included.
Taxes are included.
Special conditions for Christmas and New Year: from 22nd December 2017 to the 9th January 9, 2018: the cancellation policy is 30 days prior to the date of arrival.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Security
- Bicycle parking
- Board Games
- Breakfast Not Included
- Cable TV
- Child Friendly
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free WiFi
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- Meals Available
- Mini Supermarket
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Outdoor Terrace
- Postal Service
- Reading Light
- Steam Room
- Taxes included
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Vending Machines
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 2 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
Cancellation with 2 days before check-in day and No show, we'll charge 100% of the whole booking
Special Conditions for NYE: *from the 25 December to the 7th January: cancellation policy is 30 days.*
Check In: from 5.00 pm to 9.00 pm
Check Out: 11.00 am
If you are going to check-in after 9:00 pm please advise us and we'll make a late check-in
Method of Payment upon the arrival: Cash, Credit Cards, Debit Cards
Breakfast is not included.
Taxes are included.
We'll keep your luggage safely while you're waiting for your room or even after checking out.
At the check-in, a 10Eur deposit will have to be made for the room key. You'll receive a key and code for the access of the hostel. We'll return the 10 when you give the key back at the check-out.
Each bed has its own locker-drawer in each room, for personal use. You must use the locker-drawer corresponding to the number of your bed. Don't use another guest's locker.
For security, you'll need to bring your own lock. If you don't have one, here at the hostel we've got locks for 2 EUR. It will be yours to keep.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
From Spain you have two ways. You can access by the road C-145 from Lleida, or by the road C-16 from the Cadi tunnel or Puigcerdà. From the frontier between Andorra and Spain should follow the signs to France, just until the intersection of Sant Pere del Tarter on your left hand, 5.5 km from Canillo.
From France, is accessed via the N-22 across the frontier of Pas de la Casa, Andorra direction, just until the intersection of Sant Pere del Tarter on your right hand, 2.5 km from Soldeu.
NADAL - EUROLINES: Andorra - Barcelona and airport, Andorra - Toulouse Airport, Andorra - Lleida, Andorra - Valencia, Andorra - Madrid
NOVATEL (Andorra by bus): Andorra - Barcelona (airport), Andorra - Girona (airport), Andorra - Toulouse (airport)
GRUP MONTMANTELL, ALSA-SAMAR, ALSINA-GRAELLS: Andorra - Barcelona and airport, Andorra - Lleida and AVE (railway station).
HISPANO IGUALADINA: Andorra - Reus
The nearest international airports are:
Toulouse Blagnac International Airport (195 km) - France
Carcassonne International Airport (176 km) - France
Barcelona International Airport - El Prat (200 km) - Spain
International Airport Girona - Costa Brava (260 km) - Spain
Reus International Airport (240 km) - Spain
International Airport Lleida-Alguaire (150 km.) - Spain
From every airport you can get an airport express shuttle bus to Andorra. If you take the Novatel company, for a little extracharge they leave you at the hostel.
The AVE Madrid-Lleida let's get to the capital Lleida. From there, Viatges Montmantell Alsina-Graells daily link with Andorra.
On the French side, the nearest railway station is L\'Hospitalet-près-l\'Andorre or La Tour de Carol. Daily connections to Andorra on Andorran Hispano buses.
Mountain Hostel Tarter is at the foot of slopes of Grandvalira ski resort. We are 200 meters from the access to the gondola of Grandvalira-El Tarter.
The hostel is just halfway between Andorra centre and Pas de la Casa.
200 meters from the hostel there is the public bus stop in both directions.
Soldeu, 2,5km from the hostel to Pas de la Casa direction, has a brilliant nightlife.
5,5km from the hostel to Andorra la Vella direction, there is the Canillo town.