FINALLY A PLACE FOR YOUNG TRAVELLERS IN THE MEDINA ! Experience with us the taste of an ancient culture. We are looking forward to greeting you, in our authentic riad, with warm smiles, exciting activities and loads of culture to discover even on a tight budget!
We are located right at the entrance to the oldest part of the medina, in the heart of the Fez, just two minutes away from R´cif Square and Bab Jdid.
Funky Fes will warmly welcome you into its dreamlike Fesi-Andalusian setting. We have beautiful, clean and spacious rooms as well as free breakfast. Our purpose is not only to provide you with a comfortable stay, but to give you the opportunity to discover the ancient local culture, its history and its people.
We seek to bring people together and to contribute to global understanding, through the young generations. Along this ideal, you can enjoy a wide variety of activities, from workshops and trips. Through each, you will gain a unique perspective on the city, the medina (the oldest and largest in the world, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site), the local craftsmen and way of life in Fes.
If you are on the run from stress, Funky is the right place for you. We have a big patio, three terraces and ensuite spacious rooms. The food we share here is as warm and inviting as the people. Lose the fear of differences and discover common roots and traditions. In our patio you can relate and relax with people from all countries and continents around the world. With the view of the medina from the top of our terraces you can let your imagination sweep you away to the enchanted tales of Arabian nights.
Come to Fes. We await your arrival!
- Tea all day
- Internet access
- bed linen
- hot water
- tourist information
- TV lounge
- pickup from the airport, train station or bus station
- laundry service
- printing, fax
- Homemade meals
- henna body painting
- introduction to belly dancing
- Arabic calligraphy class
- Music and dance show
- and more
- Guided tours of the medina and other neighbourhoods with a licensed guide
- Trips to Meknes, Volubilis, Azrou, Ifrane, the desert
- trip to the natural mineral springs
Check in time: 14:00
Check out: 12:00 or earlier
Please contact us regarding your arrival time.
Cash or credit cards accepted.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 hour reception
- 24 hour security
- Air Conditioning
- Airport transfers
- Board Games
- Breakfast Included
- Common Room
- Currency exchange
- Free Internet Access
- Free Wifi
- Hot Showers
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Meals Available
- Outdoor Terrace
- Safety Deposit Box
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Vending Machines
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 2 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
Cancellation Policy 48 hours.
For groups 2 weeks.
If you would like to cancel your reservation you must do so in writing by contacting us via e-mail.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
We can come pick you up from the airport or from the bus or train station. The airport pickup costs 150 dirhams (or 15 Euros), regardless of the number of passengers. The pickup from the bus station or train station costs 5 Euros for up to 6 passengers. If you are arriving by car, you can park a few meters from the hostel.
If you prefer to find us on your own, please follow the detailed instructions below. Beware of some people at the stations (especially train station), who might try to convince you to go to a different hotel, or might offer themselves to walk with you to our hostel. Usually their objective is to receive money from you.
From the airport:
- A taxi to the Medina: official prices: 150 dirhams for 6 people maximum and 200 dirhams during the night.
- The airport shuttle (20 dirhams) or the bus number 16 (around 5 dirhams). These 2 buses stop at the train station. (See instructions below on how to arrive from the train station)
From the bus station:
- Arriving with a Supratours bus: This bus takes you the train station.
- Arriving with a CTM bus: This bus takes you to the central bus station in the Ville Nouvelle. Here you can take a 'petit taxi' into the Medina.
- Arriving to the Gare Routiere: You can take a 'petit taxi' into the Medina.
From the train station:
- a 'petit taxi' into the Medina
- or bus number 19 to Square Rsif. Once in Rsif, walk on Blvd. Mohammed Alaoui known by Rsif street, past Riad andalib on the left, until you arrive to pharmacy Amine. Opposite the pharmacy, take the stairs up. You will walk past a Moroccan fountain to your right and a cyber café called La Rose. On the corner you will see a yellow building with yellow pots and a big sign “Funky Fes”.
How to arrive by 'petit taxi' into the Medina (from the train or bus stations):
The taxi ride should not cost more than 15 dirhams (there is a supplement for night rides). Ask the driver to use the meter. Tell the driver to go to Arset Lamdelssi street through the gate Bab Jdid (INSIST TO THE DRIVER THAT IT’S BAB JDID NOT BAB BOUJLOUD) and through pharmacy Fatima El Fihria. Tell him to stop at the bakery (Farane in arabic) on Arset Lamdelssi street and continue till you arrive to a yellow building with yellow pots and a big sign “Funky Fes”.
We are located in the old medina, just a few minutes walk from the most important monuments (the Karaouine Mosque and the Tanneries). We are two minutes away from Bab Rcif, the most centrally located among medina's gates and which allows the quickest access to central historical part.