Welcome to Hostel Uppelink, a family owned hostel situated in the historical center of Ghent. Ever since our opening, the users of Hostelworld.com have voted our hostel 'Best in Belgium' (Hoscar Awards 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018). Please have a look below to see what we have to offer.
* Free luggage storage room
* Free city maps and wi-fi
* No curfew or lockout
* Common area and guest kitchen with a stunning view
* Optional breakfast (€5)
* Laundry facilities
FREE WALKING TOURS
* Starting from our hostel every day
* In English: every day at 10:00 and at 13:00
* In Spanish: every day at 10:00 and at 13:00
BELGIAN BEER TASTING
* Every Tuesday and Thursday at 18:00
* In the lounge of our hostel
* In English
* Explore our city with one of our single or twin kayaks!
* Safety vest, waterproof barrel and paddles included
* 10% discount for all our guests
* Cancellation more than 72 hours before arrival date - free of charge
* Cancellation within 72 hours window - first night of your stay will be charged
* No show - full reservation will be charged
* The Ghent tourist tax of €3 pp/night is charged extra
* We may pre-authorise your card before arrival
* Check-in before 22:00 | Check-out after 8:00
* Arrivals after 22:00 can be charged extra
* Arrivals after 1:00 will be refused
* In some cases, the staff will ask for a deposit
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- Bicycle parking
- Board Games
- Book Exchange
- Breakfast Not Included
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Hair Dryers
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Key Card Access
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Reading Light
- Taxes not included
- Towels For Hire
- Vending Machines
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 3 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
Check-in: 15:00 - 22:00 | Check-out: 8:00 - 10:00 | Arrivals after 22:00 can be charged extra | Arrivals after 1:00 will be refused | Maxi breakfast buffet: 8:00 - 10:00 (for €5) | Mini breakfast: all day long (for €2,5) | No curfew or lockout | Payment upon arrival: cash, credit cards, debit cards | We may pre-authorise your card before arrival | Common area and bar open until 22:00 | To use the lockers in the rooms, bring along a sturdy padlock or buy one at the reception for €5 | A deposit can be charged if we feel it's necessary | Ghent Festival from 13 until 22 of July 2018: be aware of loud music playing outside the hostel until 2:30 at night.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
Hostel Uppelink is easily accessible by public transport. From both train stations it takes only 10 minutes by tram or bus to reach the Korenmarkt, which is about a stone's throw away from our hostel.
From Gent Sint-Pieters train station - take Tram 1 to Korenmarkt, Evergem or Wondelgem - get off at the Korenmarkt - walk 200 m towards the Sint-Michielsbrug.
From Gent Dampoort train station - take Bus 3 to Mariakerke Post - get off at the Korenmarkt - walk 200 m towards the Sint-Michielsbrug.
Hostel Uppelink is also accessible by car. Because we're located in a pedestrian zone it is not allowed to drive up to the entrance. Just follow the Parking Route towards the underground parking Sint-Michiels. Then walk 100 m towards the Sint-Michielsbrug.
Hostel Uppelink Ghent is located in a pedestrian zone in the center of the medieval district of Ghent, within a short walking distance to all major attractions and interesting spots of the city.
The famous Graslei and Korenlei and famous three towers of Ghent can be seen from our hostel.