A&O Hamburg City
The A&O Hamburg City offers modernly furnished single, double or family rooms with a 2** hotel standard (A&O's hotel area) and spacious 4 to 8 dorms with comfortable beds (A&O' hostel area). The spacious lobby and entrance area, with billiard, driving simulator and table soccer as well as a kids' play area, provides a welcoming atmosphere to relax in its international charm.
The A&O Hamburg City has a central location and very good connections to all public transportation. It is just a short 5 minute walk to the Central Station. Due to its central location the A&O is ideal to reach by car, by all forms of public transportation, and is a great starting point for excursions into the city of Hamburg.
The special highlight of the A&O Hamburg City is its rooftop terrace with an unparalleled view of the hanseatic city. The modern lobby and the stylish cafeteria invite everyone to sit back and relax. For those coming by car or bus there are numerous parking spaces available.
- 24 hours reception
- 'All you can eat' breakfast for just 7 EUR from 6 till 10 a.m. (7 till 11 a.m. at the weekend)
- 24 hours snacks at our lobby-bar
- only non smoking rooms
- daily newspaper
- free luggage room
- check-out till 10 am (11 am at the weekend)
- Late-Check-Out till 2 p.m. on request (7,50 Euro per room extra)
- check-in at 3 pm
- internet terminals (1 EUR / 20 min) and high speed wifi (5 EUR / 24 h)
- free wifi in the entire building
- multilingual and friendly staff
- ticket sale (walkabout, sight-seeing tours,') and information
- credit cards VISA und Master (+2.95 Euro fee), Maestro (for free)
- For 5 EUR per night, you are allowed to bring your dog arround (only in double and single rooms).
- billard and table football
- free house safe
- Until two days prior to arrival before 6 o'clock pm (local time at hotel/hostel) free of charge. In case of cancellation after this period a cancellation fee of 100% of the first night will be charged. In a case of non-arrival 100% of booking costs will be charged. It's the same for short-term bookings, within two days before arrival.
- Any discounts or special offers booked through online booking engines cannot be cancelled.
For groups from 10 people we have special cancellation and payment conditions. Our reservation department will contact you!!!
GROUP CANCELLATION CONDITIONS
- 8 weeks prior to arrival date free of charge
- from 55 days to 5 days prior to arrival date 50% of the agreed total price
- from 4 to 2 days prior to arrival date 75% of the agreed total price
- one day prior to arrival date 90% of the agreed total price
We will debit 50% of the agreed total price 8 weeks or less than 8 weeks before arrival from your credit card.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 hour reception
- Bicycle parking
- Breakfast not included
- Cable TV
- Child Friendly
- Common Room
- Free City Maps
- Free Wifi
- Hair Dryers
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Key Card Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Not Included
- Luggage Storage
- Meeting Room
- Non Smoking
- Pet Friendly
- Pool Table
- Reading Light
- Taxes not included
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
SOME GENERAL INFORMATION- Ladies, in the event that you are an individual traveler and have booked a space in a multi- bed dorm we would like to inform you that we do offer 'Shared Women Dorms' if you would prefer. - The hostel's multi- bed rooms require full payment in advance and there is a deposit when renting bed linen (3 Euro) and hand towels (1 Euro). In double and single rooms bed linen and hand towels are inclusive.rn- In all A&O hotel's and hostel's pets are allowed at an extra 5.
We will charge the additional city tax at check-in.
The tax is based on the net amount paid by each overnight guest and is estimated as follows:
10.00 Euro = 0 Euro,
25.00 Euro = 0.50 Euro,
50.00 Euro = 1 Euro,
100.00 Euro = 2 Euro,
150.00 Euro = 3 Euro,
200.00 Euro = 4 Euro
Guests under the age of 18
From the age of 14 you can stay in our A&O's all by yourself. All you need is a signed declaration of consent from your parents and a copy of the personal identification from the parent who signed the form.
Bed linen for Dorms: 3,- € | (from 01.07.2014: 3,50 €)
Breakfast: 6,- € | (from 01.07.2014: 7,- €)
Credit card fee( for final costs under 200,- €) : 2,95 €
Late Check Out: 7,50 €
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
Only 900m from ZOB and main train station: follow Kurt-Schumacher-Allee, turn right into Nagelsweg until you cross Spaldingstrae, walk left into Spaldingstrae and find the A&O on the right-hand side.
Either get off at the main train station and walk (see: Walking directions) or take 1 station to U Berliner Tor. Turn right into Brgerweide until Anckelmannsplatz. Take a short turn to the right and after a couple of meters you see our A&O. Get more information on Hamburgs public transportation (HVV) here: www.hvv.de
From the airport: take the S1 (Airport Express) to Hbf (main train station) or Berliner Tor, then >>> see walking directions or by train
From East: take the A24 from Berlin until Horner Kreisel, then follow Sievekingsallee and Brgerweide until you drive along the B75, follow Heidenkampsweg for approx. 3km, then turn left into Spaldingstrae From South: Follow the A1 until A255 and drive until the end of the autobahn (junction Veddel), drive past the Elbbrcken on B75, follow Heidekampsweg and after 3km turn left into Spaldingstrae.
The Michel 2,5 km
Elbstrand 4,0 km
Fish Market 5,7 km
Port of Hamburg 1,6 km
Town Hall 1,5 km
Reeperbahn 3,2 km
Speicherstadt 1,8 km
St. Pauli 3,9 km
Schanzenviertel 4,4 km
Jungfernstieg 1,7 km