A&O Hamburg Hauptbahnhof
- 24 hours reception
- 'All you can eat' breakfast for just 7 € from 6:00 till 10:00 am (7:00 till 11:00 am on the weekend)
- Sky TV
- 24 hours snacks at our lobby-bar
- only non-smoking rooms
- daily newspaper
- Check-out till 10:00 am (11:00 am on the weekend)
- Late-Check-Out till 2:00 pm on request (10 € per room extra, only for private rooms)
- Check-In at 3:00 pm
- free WiFi in public areas and in all rooms
- multilingual and friendly staff
- ticket sale (walkabout, sight-seeing tours) and information
- credit cards VISA und Master (+2.95 € fee), Maestro (for free)
- For 5 € per night, you are allowed to bring your dog (only in private rooms)
- billiard and table football
- free house safe
The house has both hotel and hostel rooms, which are located on separate floors. For individual and business travelers we have single and double rooms available. All rooms are light and have modern furnishings. They are each equipped with a shower, WC and television. Our family rooms are a good choice for parents with two children.
The hostel offers good deals on bigger multi- bed rooms, good value and affordable accommodation for big groups. At reception you will find WiFi internet access or internet terminals and a souvenir shop. We have friendly and competent staff that is always happy to help you with planning mini excursions or booking theatre tickets.
In our spacious and comfortable Premiere Sportsbar you can lose track of time.
Enjoy a cool beer or a cocktail, play a game of pool or darts. We also have some video games for our guests.
CHECK-IN 3:00 pm
Reserved rooms shall be available for occupancy from 3 p.m. on the agreed day of the guests arrival. The client shall not be entitled to occupy the room(s) earlier than this.
Ladies, in the event that you are an individual traveler and have booked a space in a multi- bed dorm we would like to inform you that we do offer 'Shared Women Dorms' if you would prefer. In case you need a crib for your little child, please feel free to ask at the reception or book it in advance and our stuff will place it in your room before you arrive.
CHECK-OUT 10:00 am (11:00 am on the weekend)
On the agreed day of departure the guest must vacate the room by 10:00 am at the latest. If the guest does not vacate the room by that time we shall be entitled to charge 50% of the full room rate as published in the price list until 6:00 pm for reason of non-contractual occupation, and if the guest vacates the room after 6:00 pm 100% of the full room rate will be charged. This shall not constitute any contractual claims on the part of the guest.
SOME GENERAL INFORMATION
- Ladies, in the event that you are an individual traveler and have booked a space in a multi- bed dorm we would like to inform you that we do offer 'Shared Women Dorms' if you would prefer.
- The hostel's multi- bed rooms require full payment in advance and there is a deposit when renting bed linen (3 €) and hand towels (1 €). In double and single rooms bed linen and hand towels are inclusive.
- In all A&O hotel's and hostel's pets are allowed at an extra 5 € charge per night only in single and double bed rooms, please inquire beforehand.
- Conference rooms and technical appliances are available, please inquire beforehand.
CHECK IN 4 p.m.
Reserved rooms shall be available for occupancy from 4 p.m. on the agreed day of the client's arrival. The client shall not be entitled to occupy the room(s) earlier than this.
CHECK OUT 10 a.m. (11 a.m. at the weekend)
On the agreed day of departure the client must vacate the room by 10 a.m. at the latest. If the client does not vacate the room by this time we shall be entitled to charge 50% of the full room rate as published in the price list until 6 p.m. for reasons of non-contractual occupation, and if the client vacates the room after 6 p.m. 100% of the full room rate will be charged. This shall not constitute any contractual claims on the part of the client.
- Until two days prior to arrival until 6 o'clock pm (local time hotel/hostel) free of charge. There is a cancellation fee of 100% of the first night, should the client cancel the room(s) after the aforementioned cancellation period. In a case of non-arrival 100% of the first night will be charged too. It's the same for short-term bookings, within two days before arrival.
- Any discounts or special offers booked through online booking engines are irreversible.
For groups from 10 people we have special cancellation and payment conditions. Our reservation department will contact you!!!
- until 8 weeks prior to arrival date free of charge
- until 4 weeks prior to arrival date 50% of the agreed total price
- until 8 days prior to arrival date 75% of the agreed total price
- from 7th day prior to arrival 90% of the agreed total price
We will debit 50% of the agreed total price 8 weeks or less than 8 weeks before arrival from your credit card.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- Bicycle hire
- Bicycle parking
- Breakfast Not Included
- Cable TV
- Child Friendly
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free WiFi
- Games Room
- Hair Dryers
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Key Card Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Not Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- Meeting Rooms
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Pet Friendly
- Pool Table
- Reading Light
- Safe Deposit Box
- Taxes not included
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Towels Not Included
- Vending Machines
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Friendly
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 2 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
We will charge the additional city tax at check-in.
The tax is based on the net amount paid by each overnight guest and is estimated as follows:
10.00 Euro = 0 Euro,
25.00 Euro = 0.50 Euro,
50.00 Euro = 1 Euro,
100.00 Euro = 2 Euro,
150.00 Euro = 3 Euro,
200.00 Euro = 4 Euro,
Guests under the age of 18
From the age of 14 you can stay in our A&O's all by yourself. All you need is a signed declaration of consent from your parents and a copy of the personal identification from the parent who signed the form.
Bed linen for Dorms: 3,50 €
Towels for Dorms: 1,50 €
Breakfast: 7,00 €
Late Check Out: 10,00 € (on request and only in private rooms)
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
Leave the main station at the exit Spitaler Strasse and walk to the left until Deichtorplatz / Deichtorhallen. Cross the street (important!) and turn left walking under the bridge. After the bridge you can see A&O Hamburg Hauptbahnhof on the other side of the street. The main station is a 450 m walk away from our hotel.
Take the train to Hamburg Hauptbahnhof (main station). Leave the main station at the exit Spitaler Strass and walk to the left until Deichtorplatz / Deichtorhallen. Cross the street (important!) and turn left walking under the bridge. After the bridge you can see A&O Hamburg Hauptbahnhof on the other side of the street. The main station is a 450 m walk away from our hotel. Get the latest information on public transportation in Hamburg: www.hvv.de (Hamburger Verkehrsverbund (HVV))
If you arrive at the central coach station, turn left into the Steindamm. At the end turn right in to Kurt-Schumacher-Allee / Altmannbruecke. Then go left in to Muenzstrasse. Take the first street right, Hoehnerposten, and straight on in to Schultzweg. At the end you can see the A&O Hamburg Hauptbahnhof across the street. Walk to the left to the traffic lights to cross the street. The main coach station is a 700 m walk away from our hotel.
At the airport take the S1 to Hamburg Hauptbahnhof (main station). The S-Bahn operates every 10 minutes, travel time approx. 30 minutes.
From East and North: Follow the motorway A24 to the end. Take the 2nd exit on to Sievekingsallee heading towards Elbbruecken / Zentrum. Keep right and drive ahead on to Buergerweide. After about 1.5 km turn right into Spaldingstrasse. Keep always right until Deichtorplatz. Circle around Deichtorplatz (u-turn, but do not drive into the tunnel), you will automatically be directed on to Amsinckstrasse - keep right. Turn right on to Huegerdamm and then directly left into Amsinckstrasse again. The A&O Hamburg Hauptbahnhof is located on the right side.
From North: Drive from the interchange Hamburg-Nordwest to exit Hamburg-Stellingen. Leave the motorway and turn right in to Kieler Strasse. At the end (ca. 4.5 km) turn left in to Stresemannstrasse. Follow this road about 5 km until Deichtorplatz. Cross Deichtorplatz you will automatically be directed on to Amsinckstrasse - keep right. Turn right on to Huegerdamm and then directly left into Amsinckstrasse again. The A&O Hamburg Hauptbahnhof is located on the right side.
From West and South: Change at the junction Hamburg-Sued from the motorway A1 to motorway A255. At the end drive across the Neue Elbbruecke. After 1 km turn left in to Amsinckstrasse. Keep always right until Deichtorplatz. Circle around Deichtorplatz (u-turn, but do not drive into the tunnel), you will automatically be directed on to Amsinckstrasse - keep right. Turn right on to Hoegerdamm and then directly left into Amsinckstrasse again. The A&O Hamburg Hauptbahnhof is located on the right side.
The Michel: 2,5 km
Fish Market: 5,7 km
Port of Hamburg: 3,2 km
Reeperbahn: 3,2 km
Speicherstadt: 2,0 km
St. Pauli: 3,9 km
Schanzenviertel: 4,4 km
Jungfernstieg: 1,7 km
Schauspielhaus Hamburg: 1,4 km