Lotte - The Backpackers
Lotte is a unique old house. It is situated in the heart of old-town Heidelberg and its very close to the historic castle, the main shopping street, bars and restaurants.
This homely house offers eight guestrooms only, each with a stylistic individual interior decor and with an ambiance of living-room coziness of a family home.
We opened in June 2011 so everything is new - beds, kitchens, bathrooms etc. except our small curios everywhere.
On the first floor of this lovely old house we offer you newly renovated and refurbished dormitory-style accommodation. One dorm is for girls only - they also have their own bathroom close by. Use our new grandma-style kitchen or the cozy living-room.
On the second floor you are welcome to choose from two 60-style double-rooms and one 3-bed-dorm. Two bathrooms and a kitchen are for those guests only - enjoy the lovely view of the castle when having breakfast!
Check In: 15:00
Check Out: 12:00
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- Bicycle parking
- Board Games
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Hair Dryers
- Hot Showers
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- No Curfew
- Postal Service
- Reading Light
- Taxes included
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Towels For Hire
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
1. Cancelations: You can cancel a confirmed reservation until 24 hours before your arrival (previous day 3pm) free of charge on our part. To cancel your booking we need your full name and your booked arrival date. If you cancel your reservation within 24 hours before your arrival and we can´t sell your bed to someone else, we have to charge the first night of your stay.
2. No-shows: If you don´t show up without having canceled, we will charge you with the cost of the first night.
3. Please note:
Our reception is open from 8 am to 10 pm (lunch break from 1 to 2 pm).
Check-out is 11 o´clock, check-in is from 3 pm.
If you arrive after 10 pm, please let us know in advance. Otherwise you might find yourself sleeping under the Old Bridge, because the door is locked.
When checking-in you get a key (5 € key deposit), so you have around the clock access to the hostel.
We kindly ask you to pay in cash or card (EC, Master, Visa) when checking-in.
4. Price includes bed linen, mini-breakfast at any time (tea, coffee, cereal, milk), Wi-Fi, a fully equipped communal kitchen, a cosy living room with a computer for free use and a place to sleep of course! We have no TV!
5. We expect you to be mindful of your roommates (dor·mi·to·ry: from Latin dormītōrium, from dormīre: to sleep).
6. If you lose the keys we´ll charge you 25 €. That´s what we have to pay to get new ones made.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
By Car: Take highway A5 from south (Freiburg/Basel) or north (Frankfurt), exit Heidelberg. Follow the signs to 'Altstadt/Schloss' (oldtown/castle), then follow the directions for parking deck P12 or P13. That's where you can park the car (13,50 - 16 €/24 hours). Or park in P11 for 2,50 € over night or 12,50 €/24 hours (5 minutes to walk). Free parking is tricky in Heidelberg. We let you know about the possibilities on request.
From the Heidelberg main station by bus: Take bus No 33 (exit North) towards 'Koepfel/Ziegelhausen'. This line takes you straight to Lotte in about 15 minutes (leaves every 20 minutes during the day) for 1,30 €. You get the ticket from the bus driver or from the machine („city tarif“).
Your stop is 'Rathaus/Bergbahn' after a 15 minutes ride. It's only about 30 meters to 'Lotte' from there. Look left after you got off the bus. You'll see a cobblestone path which leads up to the castle. There it's the 2nd house on the left. Note: We don't have a big sign - don't walk up too far.
Lotte is located in the oldest part of Heidelberg, very close to restaurants, many bars, popular sights and the main shopping street. We are 2 minutes walk from the Old Brigde and 1 minute only to the Hauptstrasse.
The walkway up to the castle starts right behind the house, just a few meters uphill.
If you like hiking take the funicular railway (station is opposite the hostel) up to the Koenigstuhl mountain, where you can take long or short tours with fantastic views.