The opening hour of our reception is from 8 AM to 9 PM. Please let us know during the opening hour if you will arrive our hostel behind the opening hour.
The dormitory room is for the people 13 years old or above.
The building doesn’t have elevator to go up to our hostel floors.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Security
- Age Restriction
- Air Conditioning
- Bicycle parking
- Book Exchange
- Breakfast Not Included
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Hair Dryers
- Hot Showers
- Internet Access
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Outdoor Terrace
- Reading Light
- Reception (limited hours)
- Taxes included
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Towels For Hire
- Towels Included
- Vending Machines
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 2 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
1. Check in: 15:00(earliest)-21:00(latest)
2. Check out: 11:00
3. Reception hour: 8:00-21:00
4. Payment:Cash(JPY) and Credit Card
5. Cancellation policy:
(1) The guest can cancel free of charge until 2 days before arrival.
(2) The guest will be charged the first night if they cancel in the 2 days before arrival or NO SHOW.
6. Age restrciton:
(1) Dormitory: 13 years old or above (need to be accompanied by adult)
(2) Japanese-style room: No age restriction
7. No smoking
8. Pets are not allowed.
9. The building doesn’t have elevator to go up to our hostel floors.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
SORA-AMA HOSTEL is located in the eastern side of the traffic terminal (Takayama station and bus terminal). From the traffic terminal, simply go straight to east for 3 minute on walk, along the tiled street. Below is the detailed direction.
1. From the station ticket gate, cross the first street to east, and you will be on the tiled street (Ekimae Chuo Dori).
2. Continue to go straight to east on the tiled street, and you will find a money exchange office on your left in 10 seconds.
3. Continue to go straight to east on the tiled street, and cross streets three times from the money exchange (four times from the station).
4. You'll find a 4-storied yellow-brownish tiled building with blue-color signboard of ‘SORA-AMA HOSTEL’ on your right on the corner of the tiled street and Route 158.
5. Enter the building from the main door and go up stairs to the third floor (counting the ground floor as the first floor) for the reception of SORA-AMA HOSTEL. Please use stairs, as the building doesn't have elevator.
Our hostel is best located for walking around Takayama. The street which our hostel faces directly connects the traffic terminal (train and bus) and the main sightseeing areas, only three-minute walk to station, and five-minute walk to Old Town. There are many restaurants, pubs, bakeries and tourist services around the hostel, and most of them have English menus. Along the street from the station, there is a money exchange for 19 currencies. The post office is in 20 seconds from our hostel.