Niseko Backcountry Lodge
Niseko Backcountry Lodge is a traditional Japanese ski lodge with a modern touch. Based in the heart of Niseko's powder, it has undergone extensive renovations, adding 21st century touches and comforts to make it the best place to rest after a huge day on the hill.
We pride ourselves on providing quality, affordable, friendly accommodation in the best location possible. We are slopeside at Moiwa, with the lifts of Annupuri and beyond just a 3 minute free shuttle away. You can ski back from every resort in Niseko right to our door.
With a wide variety of comfortable rooms, ski and drying room, wireless internet throughout, in-house restaurant and bar, and comfy communal areas to unwind after another day spent chest deep in powder, Niseko Backcountry Lodge is the place to be.
Each bed in the lodge has a brand new western mattress, plush quilt and pillow, power and reading light, privacy curtain and free WiFi.
We are founded on the principals of friendliness, fun and adventure. Our communal areas are alive with planning for tomorrow’s big powder adventures, or storytelling from another big day in Niseko’s powder.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- Age Restriction
- Board Games
- Book Exchange
- Free Breakfast
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free Parking
- Free WiFi
- Hair Dryers
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Late check-out
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Meals Available
- Non Smoking
- Reading Light
- Reception (limited hours)
- Taxes not included
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels Included
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 60 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
1. Check-in time: from 16:00 to 21:00
When you request to leave your luggage before check in, it is possible from 8AM.
2. Check-out time: by 10:00
3. Reception hour: from 7:00-10:00 and 15:00-21:00.
4. Payment: cash (JPY) or credit cards (Visa, Master, and Amex) – we don’t accept Paypal or Alipay.
5. Cancellation policy:
(1) 60 days(or more) before Arrival Date ：20% of entire stay
(2) 59 days before Arrival Date ：100% of entire stay
(4) on the day or No Show：100 % of the entire stay
6. Age restriction: over 7 years old
7. No smoking
8. Pets are not allowed.
9. Breakfast is included.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
Most likely you will be arriving to Hokkaido by way of the New Chitose Airport (Sapporo’s main airport). The best way to organise a bus to/from Chitose airport and Niseko is to book it yourself. Here is the link of the best and fastest transfer option to the Moiwa area
This ‘Niseko Airport Shuttle’ service wipes 1 hour off the traditional journey time from New Chitose airport which stops at a heap of other resorts on the way! Unlike other buses that service the area, this stops in Moiwa BEFORE the rest of Niseko, so it is very fast.
We will only pick up guests arriving in the Moiwa area, so book your bus to the ONE NISEKO hotel in Moiwa.
The steps to follow:
1) Book your transfer on the Niseko Shuttle Bus website http://www.nisekoshuttlebus.com/?page_id=15
Be sure to allow at least 1 hour between the scheduled flight arrival time and the bus departure time. Your destination should be booked as One Niseko – this is the bus stop in Moiwa.
2) Once you receive confirmation, please email this to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. We will NOT be able pick you up if you do not let us know your arrival time, so make sure you let us know!
2. We do NOT pick up passengers in the Moiwa area after 10.30pm (our staff need their sleep!)
3. You MUST book your transfer at least 4 days prior to your arrival, otherwise they will not accept your booking. If you miss this deadline, don’t stress too much - you will need to just turn up to the airport and jump on the next available transfer. The buses run regularly during the times that most flights arrive.
Once you have booked your transfer, you MUST notify us of your arrival time. Please email it to email@example.com
If you are arriving by car, Google Maps is the best mapping tool to get you here.
We're slopeside at Moiwa, offering endless powder, fantastic terrain, relaxed atmosphere and small crowds. If you want to go further, we're 3 minutes via our free shuttle from Annupuri ski lifts, where you can easily access the entire Niseko area. We are 5 minutes from Niseko Town, 12 min from Hirafu, and 18 min from Kutchan. Skiers and boarders can ski home easily from Annupuri right to our front door.