Youth Hostel Villa Marija
Recommended by Europe’s Famous Hostels & Rick Steves - Villa Marija is Hvar’s best-loved, award-winning and top rated hostel, recognised for years as simply the hottest and most social spot to stay while in Hvar.
Hostel is located on a hill, within 15minutes walking distance from the historical centre of Hvar town, giving hostel guests excellent access to all major attractions and hot spots of the city. The best pebble beach in Hvar is 400 meters away.
Villa Marija Hostel features a luxurious and stylishly decorated sea view outdoor terrace with swimming pool and cocktail bar, providing the perfect place to meet like-minded international travellers.
To meet all travellers needs, our hostel offers a huge variety of facilities and fancy stuff including music&reading lounge, big fully equipped kitchen, outdoor showers with plenty of hot water, chill out area with comfy beanbags and exotic sofas to relax on.
To catch-up with friends and family or to plan your next trip, Villa Marija has high-speed free wireless internet available in all guest rooms and throughout the entire hostel. In addition, there is a brand new fast-food restaurant where we also serve all-you-can-eat breakfast for a small charge.
Book your boats, scooters, day trips or any activity at our reception. 24hours available local staff will ensure you have the best possible stay on this party island. To help you get around, we've got a book exchange, free maps and advice and free access to guide books from all around the world. There's also free luggage storage.
Choose between air-conditioned high-standard dorms with en-suite bathrooms or modern bright colourful private room with balcony overlooking the sea.
Each dorm has pin protected entrance and safety individual locker - these are free of charge to use.
To make you feel completely safe, our hostel is equipped with security cameras, night security guard and wristband policy which all the guest must be wearing during the stay in our hostel.
Traveling alone or in a group, you will have plenty of chances to socialise during our action-packed activities, such as: Happy hours, Pub crawls, daily events and music festivals (Ultra Music, For Hvar…).
We also have a strict rule that after 10:30PM is quiet time (required by Croatian Law) even though most guest are warming up for the party at that hour. So in order to continue the fun, Villa Marija Hostel organise nights out where everybody is welcome to join us for some free shots at the famous Kiva Bar
- AGE LIMIT: You must be under 45 years old
- Quiet hours: 10:30PM - 07:00AM. During the quiet hours, all common rooms are closed and any activities are prohibited. Be aware that this policy will be strictly enforced.
- Payment is on arrival: Cash only (Euro or Kuna). Credit cards are not accepted.
- If you would like to cancel your booking, let us know by e-mail at least 48 hours before your arrival. After this, 1st night will be charged.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Security
- Age Restriction
- Air Conditioning
- Bicycle hire
- Bicycle parking
- Board Games
- Book Exchange
- Breakfast Not Included
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Not Accepted
- Currency Exchange
- Telephone/Fax Facilities
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free Parking
- Free WiFi
- Hair Dryers
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Jobs Board
- Key Card Access
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- Meals Available
- Meeting Rooms
- No Curfew
- Outdoor Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Terrace
- Reading Light
- Safe Deposit Box
- Steam Room
- Swimming Pool
- Taxes included
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
AGE LIMIT: You must be under 45 years old.
Payment is on arrival: Cash only (Kuna or Euro). Credit cards are not accepted.
If you would like to cancel your booking, let us know by e-mail at least 24hours before your arrival. After this, 1st night will be charged.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
Try to catch one of these speedboat lines from Split to Hvar port:
01st January 2016 - 31st May 2016 at 14:00h ; 16:30h
01st June 2016 - 30th September 2016 at 11.30h ; 15.00h ; 17:00h
01st October 2016 - 31st December 2016 at 14:00h ; 16:30h
-A detailed boat schedule can be seen on: www.jadrolinija.hr & www.krilo.hr
-Boat ticket price around 60HRK.
-Buy your boat ticket as soon as possible (buy them online in advance)
-Taxi from Stari Grad port (15miles away from Hvar): 250HRK.
-Bus from Stari Grad port to Hvar: 30HRK
-Arriving from Dubrovnik? Take a speedboat line. More info www.krilo.hr
From Hvar port:
1. When you get off catamaran speedboat at Hvar port, turn right (south) towards Franciscan monastery and follow the seafront (3minutes) until you reach a small beach(on your right hand side).
2.Take the steps (5-6 of them). Now, on your left is restaurant “Dordota Vartal”.
3. Follow the way and keep going up the hill for 5minutes until your reach main crossroad (big triangle). On your right is scooter rental and house Villa Zorana
4.Continue straight (east) for 3minutes along the main street “Domovinskog rata”. Do not turn left or right until you reach small cross road divided by big tree. On your right, there is a small mark for gas station, on your left is red garage, and in the front of your is big tree.
5. Take the left road and go up with the stairs (just next to red garage).
6. Take the steps until you reach the top. This should take around 3-4minutes. You are almost here!
7. Once, when you reach the top, turn right. Keep going (2minutes). When you reach crossroad, do not turn left or right. Just keep going straight (east) for 100meters.
8. Hostel is located on your left.
Are you lost? Call us and we'll try to extra help you with directions.
From Stari Grad or Jelsa port:
1. Take the bus from Stari Grad to Hvar bus station. The bus should be waiting in the front of the ferry. Bus ticket price around 30HRK
From bus station in Hvar:
1. When you get off the bus, go towards main square. (3minutes)
2. Continue straight to Hvar port and afterwards just as stated before (check above)
- 15 minutes walk from the old town, main square, bus station, restaurants, ATMs, night clubs and all tourist attractions.
- 10 minutes walk from the most beautiful pebble beach in Hvar!
- 5 minutes walk from the local supermarket!
- Near fast-food restaurant!