Once in Joburg
Once in Joburg is an all-star hotel where you can tailor make your own experience. Centrally located in the bustling Braamfontein creative precinct, it offers young at heart travellers a safe place from which to SLEEP EAT and EXPLORE the city of Johannesburg.
Within walking distance of Once in Joburg, you'll find coffee roasters and coffee shops, restaurant, live music venues, farmers markets, free walking tours, the red city bus stop and much more.
The reception and concierge are open 24 hours, and the staff are city ambassadors who are always willing to help and share their passion for Johannesburg. Looking to join a local house party, cycle to an art gallery or play giant scrabble? Then join our daily free activities to experience Johannesburg in a fun way. You can book all your transfers to Kruger, Bazbus tickets and local day trips on site.
The rooms are neat, clean and ensuite, offering basic luxuries such as air conditioner, crisp white linen, flat screen TV's (privates only), safety deposit box and block out curtains. Breakfast is included at restaurant the Immigrant. The on-site bar provides the perfect opportunity to meet other travellers. Shared rooms (sleeping maximum 4) are also ensuite, and offer a more budget offering to the independent traveller.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- Air Conditioning
- Free Breakfast
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free WiFi
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- No Curfew
- Taxes included
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 3 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
Once in Joburg Policies & Conditions:
Cancellation policy: 72 hours before arrival.
Check in from 14:00 to 23:00 .
Check out before 10:00 .
Payment upon arrival by cash, credit cards, debit cards.
This property may pre-authorise your card before arrival.
Breakfast included in Dorms Only
24 hour Reception.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
Taking the Gautrain - (05.19AM - 20.46PM)
First Train from OR Tambo Airport to Park Station - 05.19 (Weekdays); 05.06 (Weekends and Public Hoidays)
Last Train from OR Tambo Airport to Park Station - 20.46 (Everyday)
* From OR Tambo international airport, take the Gautrain to Park Station
- Coming through International Arrivals follow the signs for Gautrain
- Buy your Gautrain Gold Card from the ticket office or vending machine at the station (Once of fee of R15 for card - current 5/10/16)
- Load the Gold Card with the relevant fare for your route (Single Trip Airport to Park Station R162 - current 5/10/16)
- From Gautrain Airport Station take the train to Sandton Station
- Change at Sandton Station
- From Sandton Station take the train to Park Station
* On arrival at Park Station, exit onto Wolmarans Street.
- Arriving with the train at Park Station, use the Rissik Street exit.
Head north on Rissik St toward Wolmarans St (230 m)
Turn left onto Wolmarans St (350 m)
Turn right onto Biccard St. (250 m)
Turn left onto De Korte St with KFC on your left hand side. Keep walking for another 50m and you'll see Once in Joburg on your left.
By Car/ Taxi
* Hostel Address 90 De Korte Street for Bus or Taxi Access
* Car Entrance at 20 Melle Street
Located in the Braamfontein cultural and student hub in the heart of Johannesburg that includes Wits University, Newtown, Constitution Hill and the Civic Centre and nearby to Museum of Africa, Carlton Centre, Johannesburg Zoo and the South African Museum of Military History
Walking distance to Retail Shopping, Coffee Shops, Restaurants, Breweries, Bars and Clubs.