Guest House Pongyi
a brand-new guest house, opened June 2009, aimed for short-stay budget travelers and backpackers. Pongyi is especially suited for those travelers looking for more atmospheric and authentically Japanese accommodation.
It is the first hostel available in Kanazawa, one of the oldest cities in Japan. Kanazawa suffered no damage during the Second World War which ensured the survival of its rich cultural heritage.
The guesthouse within walking distance of Kanazawa Station and located by the beautiful Kuratsuki canal. All of Kanazawa's sights are easily accessible from the guesthouse's central location.
As a cozy little guest house Pongyi is clean, inexpensive and comfortable, with ２ dormitory style rooms and a Japanese style tatami-room. We look forward to having you as our guest!
•Every single bunk bed comes with a pillow, pillow case, bottom sheet and a coverlet.
•Communal lavatory and shower. (Also, there is a public bathhouse 1 min. walk away)
•Free locker with padlock.
•Laundry machine (100yen per use. Clothesline drying)
•Free internet available (one desktop PC).
•Fully equipped communal kitchen.
•Japanese style room has air conditioner.
•Towel rental (100yen.)
•Hair dryer for rent (free of charge).
•Soap and shampoo in the shower (free of charge).
•Yukata (Japanese style night clothes) for rent. ( 200yen）
•5 minutes walk to the nearest Kanazawa Loop Bus stop (access to all major sights).
•10 minutes walk to Omicho market
•20 minutes walk to Kanazawa Castle Park and the adjacent Kenroku-En Garden, perhaps Kanazawa's best loved sight and among the top three most scenic gardens in Japan.
•Located very close to a variety of restaurants (including Yakitori, etc.) and supermarkets
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- Air Conditioning
- Bicycle hire
- Breakfast Not Included
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Not Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Hair Dryers
- Hot Showers
- Internet Access
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- Reception (limited hours)
- Towels For Hire
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
*Payment: Cash only
*100 yen donation to aid children in Asia is included in the price
Check-out until 10:00
Close 12:00-15:00 *There is nobody in the guesthouse during that time.
*If you wish to cancel, please contact us up to 1 week before you stay.
If you cancel after that, we will charge you a cancellation fee.
1 week before: 20%, 3 days before: 50%, on the day: 100%
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
Pongyi is located 7min. of within walking distance from JR Kanazawa Station.
1. There are 2 exits at Kanazawa Station. Take the East Exit, or Kenrokuen-guchi.
2. You will see the ANA CROWNE PLAZA Hotel at the right side.
3. Walk toward the ANA CROWNE PLAZA Hotel.
4. Proceed straight on, looking the ANA Hotel to your righthand.
5. You will see a convenience store Seven-Eleven. Keep on walking.
6. Walk past the restaurant Gust and Toyoko Inn Hotel.
7. You will come to Rokumai intersection.
8. Cross the intersection, look for the restaurant Yakitori-ichiban(there are many japanese red lanterns in front of the restaurant) diagonally forward left.
(10m from the intersection)
9. Walk towards Yakitori-ichiban, and take the left street.(turn to the left at the corner of the Yakitori-ichiban)
10. You will see the Kuratsuki canal, and you can spot Pongyi at once!
The guesthouse within walking distance of Kanazawa Station and located by the beautiful Kuratsuki canal.
All of Kanazawa’s sights are easily accessible from the guesthouse.