Spica Holiday Home
Our guest house is famous for its cleanliness, beauty and hospitality with its unique character of elegant simplicity. We have extra clean spacious, single, double and family rooms en suite bathrooms (hot/cold water). You can enjoy bed and breakfast plus other meals (Lunch/dinner- European/Asian) on order.
The Spica Holiday Home is only 1.5 to 2Km from the Kandy city. The Spica is an extremely beautiful villa, located on a hill, with a beautiful panoramic view. Children are most welcome.
We have five spacious rooms. One double room is on the ground floor and the other four are on the first floor. One double room with A/C, slightly larger with no balcony, three other double rooms with A/C and open to balconies. All a/c rooms can be used without a/c and charged with/without air conditioning as required, at final billing. Prices published are for the rooms without the use of air conditioning.
My wife and I, form the team that will ensure your comfort while you are at the Spica. Eastern and Western meals are available. Vehicles can be arranged for long distance trips and for airport pick-up. Internet facilities and WiFi are available free on complimentary basis. Laundry is undertaken, weather permitting, for clothes only, when the load is small.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
B&B Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- 24 Hour Security
- Air Conditioning
- Airport Transfers
- Bicycle parking
- Breakfast Not Included
- Ceiling Fan
- Telephone/Fax Facilities
- Free Parking
- Free WiFi
- Hair Dryers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Luggage Storage
- Meals Available
- Safe Deposit Box
- Taxes included
- Towels Included
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Guesthouse InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
1. Pay balance of reservation on arrival. Booking in time is after noon (1200). Booking out time is 1100. The latest booking in time is 2200. If you have to book in later than this time please arrange with the management. failure to do so will result in the management to take action as a no show event. Please see details in this section.
2. When a person does not show up before 2200 of the date of reservation, it will be considered as a no show and action initiated accordingly. Cancellations require 24 hrs notice prior to 1100 of the date of reservation/s. Cancellations of reservations should be made before 24 hrs of 1100 of the date of reservation. A delayed notification will not be accepted and will be charged a cancellation fee of US$ 3/- plus one day's room charge or in the case of a reservation more than a day, the cancellation fee of US$3.00 plus 50% of the total room charges of the reservation/s that are to be cancelled. A 'No show' event will also be charged the room charge for one night plus 50% of the total reservation/s.
3. Refrigerating facilities will be allowed only for personal medicines.
4. Please do not bring any food items for consumption or for refrigeration within the Spica. No consumption of meals in rooms.
5. No smoking anywhere within the building.
6. Please do not use personal electrical items other than battery chargers for telephones and cameras.
7. Please do not wash clothes in rooms. Use limited laundry services at the Spica by the staff at the Spica or commercial laundry services outside.
8. The rates shown are all inclusive service charges on room only basis.
9. Transportation to and from the Spica is NOT provided free of charge. Tuc-tucs can be arranged to travel to/from the Spica.
10. Do not prepare tea/coffee/meals in rooms.
11. Telephone calls are not provided free of charge. Facility available for inland calls only at Rs.30/- per minute and for local trunk calls at Rs.50/- per minute.
12. It is very important that you provide with your correct e-mail address and contacts, so that you could be contacted at any time. Please also make sure that you make yourself contactable at anytime by providing your contact numbers and e-mail addresses if there is a change from those provided by you at the time of booking.
13. When in doubt ask Tillek or Chitra.
14.The price includes breakfast for one person as well.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
Spica Holiday Home is 2 Km from the Kandy Railway Station. Walk 200m to the bus stop near the Clock Tower. Take the bus to 'MAPANAWATURA' or 'ANNIEWATTE'. Buy a ticket to 'ASGIRIYA' which is Rs.10.00. Get off at the Asgiriya Junction. (All together five bus stops which are not located equidistantly).
The Sri Dhamma Siddhi Mawatha (Road) is at this junction. Ask anyone there or you will even see the sign board in cement marked 'SRI DHAMMA SIDDHI MAWATHA'. Go on this road for 500 meters until you see another sign board on the left hand side of the road (blue background and white letters-SPICA HOLIDAY HOME) with an arrow pointing up left to the Spica. Go up on this road for about 250M and you will be at the Spica Holiday Home. See 'details at 'Location' on the left. Spica Holiday Home- Geo Coordinates
7.302699 N 80.629303 E
Easier still use a tuk-tuk for about Rs.180 to Rs.300/ depending on your starting point North of city or South of city (Main Bus stand or Railway Station.)
Turn off to the Sri Dhamma Siddhi Mawatha from the Sri Sumangala Mawatha. (Mawatha means 'road' in Sinhalese).
Go past the Sky View Hotel on the left, a further 750 meters. You will see a small boutique on the right. On the left side of the road at this point is a sign board 'Spica Holiday Home' with an arrow marked 250 M on the left fork. Go on this road right up to the end. You will be at the Spica.
Spica Holiday Home- Geo Coordinates
7.302699 N 80.629303 E