Why not? Kiev
Once upon a time, three good friends from Poland and Ukraine met and decided to create a new and special place for the travellers from all over the world. They wanted to provide the best service, the frendliest atmosphere, the most comfortable space to live in. Actually, Why not? And that's how the idea about creating this hostel appeared and was brought to life!
So, what's so special about it??
In Why not? Hostel, we understand it's the staff who creates the great atmposphere in the hostel, provides you with all the things you need, and takes care of everything. So the staff:
- is international, friendly, and hospitable
- is ready to offer information and ideas you won't find anywhere else
- speaks English, Ukrainian, Polish, Russian!
- can teach you Russian or Ukrainian
We are in the center!, so you can walk:
- 20 mins to the central train station, and Indenpendence Suare - heart of Kiev.
- 10 mins to reach main Kiev street - Kreschatyk
- 5 mins to the closest metro station,
- 1 min to the closest shop with food and alcohol and 24/7 liquor store.
- 30 sec to the restaurant, pub and caffe
We want to be the best hostel in Kiev, so we tried to equipp our hostel with everything what you may need That's why we have:
- brand new, very solid beds
- brand new spring matrasses
- air condition in every room!
- nice decorated, not boring rooms
- over 70square meters of common area
- fully equipped kitchen
- wifi connection everywhere at the hostel
- 3 separate showers, 3 separate toilets
- washing machine for use by the guests
We are backpakers aswell so we know how important are free of charge services! That is why at our hostel you get for FREE:
- towel rental
- maps and travel guides
- city tourism assistance
- computer/ printer/ internet acces
- opportunity to have a great time!
Also we can help you to organize:
- help with visas and travel practicalities
- airport transfer
- tours to Chernobyl
- former nuclear missile silo tours
- AK-47 and oher rifels shooting
- Desna river rafting
- we have discounts for volunteers: EVS, TLG and PCV - enjoy our special 10% discount
- no lock-out or curfew
- we are LGBT friendly
So don't hesitate, come and find out why we are the best hostel in Kiev!
no card payment
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 hour reception
- Air Conditioning
- Airport transfers
- Board Games
- Book exchange
- Common Room
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free Parking
- Free Wifi
- Games Room
- Hair Dryers
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Non Smoking
- Postal Service
- Safety Deposit Box
- Taxes included
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels Included
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
Our address is: Why Not? Kiev Hostel,
30A, apt.3 Saksahanskoho (Саксаганського) Street
Door code is 1 and 2 pressed together, and for the second door 1,2,4 pressed together.
After entering find our door on the right!
Kiev FROM THE MAIN TRAIN STATION :
Take trolley bus number 14. It departs from the stop in front of Central Train Station (next to the McDonalds restaurant). It goes along Zhylianska Street. You need to get off on the stop 'Volodymyrska Street/Hotel 'Kooperator''. Go 200 metres forward to the cross-road with Gorkoho Street,then turn left, go up one block till you reach Sakasahanskoho Street. Cross the road and turn left, walk about 80 meters till Sakasahanskoho 30
You are on the right place!
You can walk, it's about 20/25 minutes, after leaving the train station go straight Kominternu Street then take the second right Saksahanskoho Street and go till number 30 (on the left side of the road) Notice that there is no sens to take a metro from the train station because you need to swap the line (there are no signs in English) so it is the longest way.
FROM THE AIRPORTS
Boryspol International Airport
We can arrange a pickup for 250UAH for up to 3 people or 4 people for 300UAH.
or take the Skybus from terminal B or F to the train station (40UAH/person)
Zhuliany ( the city airport) 150UAH
It is not the best idea to take a taxi from the airport directly especially if you don't speak Russian or Ukrainian, they will charge you more.
24 hours liquor store
Bars and restaurants