Hostel Kyotokko (ex Kyoto Cheapest Inn)
Hostel Kyotokko provides simple, budget accommodation for backpackers and cost-conscious travelers in Kyoto. Each bed in our dormitory-style rooms has an individual curtain for privacy and a reading light. We can also offer private en-suite accommodation with futons and beds for varying numbers of people; we welcome groups of all sizes.
We are located close to Nijo-jo Castle, with plenty of shops, banks and restaurants nearby. Kyoto centre can be easily reached by bus or bicycle (which can be rented at reception).
We offer a range of free services including broadband internet plus WiFi, a guest kitchen with microwave and oven, air conditioning, linen, tea and coffee, television, security lockers and more. We also offer laundry service and have towels for hire (free for guests in private rooms). We have a rooftop terrace with tables, chairs and sun loungers and a view of Nijo-jo.
We have no curfew/lock-out time
Tax is included in the rates and a refundable deposit is payable upon check-in. We accept payment by Visa, MasterCard, American Express and JCB.
Special offers may be available, including long-stay discounts.
Children may only stay in private rooms.
The staffs speak English and we are always happy to help you with full information about places of scenic beauty and historical interest, as well as the entertainment in Kyoto.
You can go easy anywhere by bike/bus from the hostel.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
- 24 hour security
- Air Conditioning
- Bicycle hire
- Book exchange
- Breakfast Included
- Cable TV
- Common Room
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free Wifi
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Outdoor Terrace
- Reading Light
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Towels For Hire
- Towels Included
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
- Subway (Tozai line) Nijojomae Sta. 5 - 10 minutes on foot
- JR (Sagano line) Nijo sta. 10 - 15 minutes foot
- Subway (KarasumaLine) Marutamachi Sta. 10 - 15 minutes on foot
- Hankyu, keifuku oomiya Sta. 20 - 30 minutes on foot
- City bus Marutamachi Chiekoin 1 minute on foot
- City bus Horikawa Marutamachi 3 minutes on foot
From JR Kyoto Station...
Take 'Saga Ayashiyama Line' from the main station called Kyoto station to Nijo station (The second one from Kyoto station).
From JR Nijo station to the hostel on foot, it takes about 10-15 minutes.
1) Go to the direction to Nijo castle along the school (Nakagyo junior high school)
2) When you reach the castle, turn left at the corner of the school.
3) Go straight to the end of a path. (there are the castle, park, TV station and a gas station on the right. On the left, there are three schools and some houses.)
4) Turn right on the corner of the gas station and got to the second traffic light. (pass Farmer's Mart the grocery on the right. Although, on the google map, the grocery is still 'Lawson', but it changed to 'Farmer's Mart' from this past July 2009.)
5) We are on the right corner of the traffic light
- Nijo Castle, a World Heritage site - 5 minutes on foot - Kyoto Imperial Palace - 10 - 15 minutes on foot - Shinsen-en Garden - 10 - 15 minutes on foot - Nishijin Textile Center - 20 - 30 minutes on foot - Kitano Tenmangu Shrine - 30 - 40 minutes on foot