Bed and Breakfast Il Gelso
The B&B Il Gelso is a nice and friendly house in the typical mediterranean style, located in the beautyful countriside of Salento, in the vicinity of Lecce. The distance from the main roads, creates a quite and relaxing atmosphere, despite of the short distance form the most beautyful touristic places in Salento, and from Lecce itself.
This property is located in Monteroni di Lecce at 5 km from Lecce.
The patronal house, in the middle of the wide 14000 sm park, has 7 rooms.
Outside a spice garden, a stone oven and many fruit trees, the guest can use to pick up fresh fruit,
The B&B Il Gelso has a total of 7 double rooms that can eventually be used as triple.
Each two rooms have a shared bathroom, that will be used by the people staying in those two rooms only.
The double room with private bathroom is available to guests at a slightly additional cost.
Please note: Payment cash only, on arrival.
Please advice about arrival time.
Check-in time: from 16.00 to 21.00
Check-out time: until 10.30
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
B&B Facilities & Policies
- 24 hour reception
- 24 hour security
- Air Conditioning
- Airport transfers
- Bicycle hire
- Bicycle parking
- Breakfast Included
- Child Friendly
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free Parking
- Free Wifi
- Hair Dryers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Meals Available
- Outdoor Terrace
- Pet Friendly
- Taxes included
- Towels Included
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
The B&B Il Gelso is located:
- 55 km from the Brindisi airport
- 165 km from the Bari airport
- 10 km from the Lecce railway station
The B&B Il Gelso is located at the address: Strada Comunale Sant'Oronzo n. 1, 73047 Monteroni di Lecce.
If you travel by train or plane:
- The transfer from/to the Lecce railway station is free
- The transfer from/to the airbus terminal from/to the Brindisi airport is free. You can buy the bus ticket directly there, at a price of about 10 euros.
- The transfer from/to Brindisi and Bari airports costs about 50 and 100 euros respectively.
Coming from North (Bari Lecce Highway):
1) Just before arriving to Lecce, after the industrial area, take the tangenziale di Lecce to Gallipoli (tangenziale Ovest). Its the first access to the tangenziale.
2) Take the MONTERONI Universit exit and go to Monteroni. When you arrive to Monteroni, turn left at the very first street (Via Martiri di via Fani), hust before the Hotel Lo Scacciapensieri. Go straight ahead for about 500 meters , till you reach a no entry signal. Make a left and enter the small square Piazza Mocavero. Go straight and take the narrow street at the end of the square: its Strada Comunale SantOronzo. The first villa to the left is our villa.
Coming from the Leuca-Gallipoli-Lecce Highway, take the MONTERONI-Universit exit and follow the instructions of point 1-2.
Lecce, Porto Cesareo, Gallipoli, Università, Clinica Città di Lecce