Staying with us puts you right in the centre of London, a short walk away from the British Museum, Covent Garden, Soho, Oxford Street, Camden Market and many of London's major tourist attractions
We offer clean and cheerful dormitories as well as private rooms and great facilities:
- FREE continental buffet breakfast.
- FREE bed linen
- FREE luggage room storage
- FREE safety deposit for valuables
- FREE movies on big screen every night
- FREE travel information
Please be aware that our triple dorms (3 Bed private) consist of 1 double & 1 single bed combination.
Check-in is from 2.30pm only
Ashlee House does not have a secure Luggage Room - A room is provided for you to leave your luggage. But please note that the hotel is not responsible for any left luggage
Check-out time is 10am.
Things to Note:
-Our triple dorms (3 bed private) consist of 1 double and 1 single bed combination
-Check-in is from 2.30pm
-Check-out is at 10am
-Under 16's must be accompanied by an adult and are not permitted to stay in shared rooms
-There is no smoking anywhere in the hostel
-All dorms are equipped with bunk beds
-All cancellations must be made 42 hours in advance
-We provide guests with a room to store luggage (Luggage Room), however it is not secure and we will not be responsible for any left luggage
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- Book Exchange
- Breakfast Not Included
- Cable TV
- Card Phones
- Child Friendly
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Telephone/Fax Facilities
- Free City Maps
- Free City Tour
- Free WiFi
- Hair Dryers
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Iron / Ironing Board
- Key Card Access
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Postal Service
- Safe Deposit Box
- Taxes included
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Towels Not Included
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 2 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
●Passport, driver's license or government issued identity card required upon check-in.
●If the name on your booking is different to the name on the card used to the confirm the booking, the hostel may request a copy of your ID or card for legal reasons.
● Guests can check-in until 4am. Guests will only be able to access their room from 2.30pm. A luggage room is available for guest use if they arrive earlier than 2.30pm. Check out time is 10am.
● Note that all dorms are mixed unless a girls’ dorm is booked.
● Guests that wish to bring their children under 16 years of age must book whole dorms or private rooms.
● Bookings cannot be accepted from any underage person unless they are accompanied by an adult over 18. They will be refused check-in.
● When booking dorm beds in dorm rooms, the hostel cannot guarantee that guests travelling together will be staying in the same room. We suggest booking private rooms or whole dorms if guests want to ensure they're together.
● For stag/hen parties, please contact us directly. Clink reserves the right to deny entry to anyone who has booked online and is part of such a group.
● If you wish to cancel or amend your reservation to receive a full refund you will need to notify us by email
– For the fully flexible rates: 48 hours in advance of your arrival date by 2.30pm (and 7 days before the arrival dates of 29th, 30th and 31st of December). If you notify us any less than 48 hours before your arrival date, or in case of a no-show, you will not be entitled to a refund.
– For the semi flexible rates: 14 days in advance of your arrival date by 2.30pm (and 7 days before the arrival dates of 29th, 30th and 31st of December). If you notify us any less than 14 days before your arrival date, or in case of a no-show, you will not be entitled to a refund.
– Non-refundable rates: If cancelled, modified, or in case of a no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.
– If you arrive a day or more late without informing the hostel, we will try and find you a bed, but this may not be in the same room type booked and may incur extra charges.
● In the event of Force Majeure (governmental action; fire; flood; insurrection; earthquake; power failure; riot; explosion; embargo, transportation interruption of any kind; terrorist attack; acts of God…) affecting your booking, the company reserves the right to receive any outstanding payments in connection to your confirmed booking.
● A great-value breakfast is available for £2.
Groups (+15 people)
● We accept groups from age 12+.
● You will be asked to pay a 20% non-refundable deposit a week after booking is made. The balance will be required 4 weeks before arrival.
● One group leader will be required to give a credit card upon arrival for a “Group Deposit”. This will need to be the card holder. We will pre-authorize the card for £300 in case of breakage or for not respecting coach stopping/parking rules.
● If your group is arriving by coach, make sure to contact us for information on where to stop and park.
● If you do not inform us by email when booking we cannot guarantee for your group to be in the same rooms and depending on availability your booking might be cancelled.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
The closest Tube/Underground/Subway Station to Clink261 is King’s Cross St. Pancras. It’s just 7 minutes’ walk away.
There’s lots of exists at the station – but don’t worry, you can use any one of them. When you leave the station, just make sure Euston Road is in front of you and King’s Cross and St. Pancras Stations are behind you.
Cross Euston Road and then take a slight left down Gray’s Inn Road (you’ll pass a Tandoori restaurant on your right – no curry stops yet, though; you’ve got a hostel to find!) Carry on along this road and after about 5 minutes you’ll see Clink261 on your right – look out for purple paint and a big red sign!
From Heathrow Airport:
Jump on the Piccadilly Line (Dark Blue) all the way to King’s Cross St. Pancras. From here, follow the directions above to the hostel. The journey takes about 50 minutes and costs a very reasonable £4. Another option is to take the Heathrow Express Train to Paddington and then the Underground to King’s Cross St. Pancras. This way is much more expensive, not direct and not that much quicker either. We’d suggest saving your £££ for city adventures!
From Gatwick Airport:
The First Capital Connect train takes you right to St. Pancras Station. From there, follow the directions above to get to Clink261. This journey takes about 50 minutes and costs about . The Gatwick Express to Victoria and then the Underground Victoria Line (Light Blue) is also an option. It’s more expensive, though, and you need to change stations, so it’s not the route we’d recommend.
From Stansted Airport:
By Bus (cheapest option): Terravision/Eurolines Buses will get you to Liverpool Street Station or Baker Street Station. From Liverpool Street Station change to the Underground and take the Metropolitan Line (Dark Red), Circle Line (Yellow) or Hammersmith and City Line (Pink) Westbound to King’s Cross St. Pancras Underground station. From there, follow the directions above to the hostel. This route takes 60-90 minutes and costs about £14 return.
By Train (fastest option): The Stansted Express takes you to Liverpool Street Station. From there, ride the Metropolitan Line (Dark Red), Circle Line (Yellow) or Hammersmith and City Line (Pink) Eastbound to King’s Cross St. Pancras Station and follow the directions above to Clink261. The train journey takes around 45 minutes and costs £27 return.
From Luton Airport:
By Bus (cheapest option): Get on Easybus or Green Line coaches which go to Baker Street Underground Station. From here take the Metropolitan Line (Dark Red), Circle Line (Yellow) or Hammersmith and City Line (Pink) Eastbound to King’s Cross St. Pancras Underground Station. Now just follow the directions above to the hostel. This route takes about 75 minutes and costs £18 return.
By Train (fastest option): Jump on the shuttle bus (£2) to Luton Airport Train Station. From here, take the First Capital Connect/Thameslink train which goes to St. Pancras station. From here, follow the directions above to the hostel. This route takes about 40 minutes and costs about £20 return.
From Southend Airport:
By Train: Catch the train from the airport to Liverpool Street Station. Once at the station, transfer to the Underground and get on either the Circle Line (Yellow), Metropolitan Line (Maroon/Dark Red) or Hammersmith and City (Pink) line to King’s Cross Station. Then follow the directions above to the hostel. A return ticket costs around £32.50 return.
From London City Airport:
By Tube: From London City Tube Station, get on the DLR Line (Docklands Light Railway) to Bank Station. Here, change to the Northern Line (Black) which will take you to King’s Cross Station. From here, follow the directions above to the hostel. This will cost about £3.
From Victoria Train and Coach stations:
By Tube: Jump on the Underground Victoria Line (Light Blue) Northbound to King’s Cross St. Pancras and then follow the directions above to the Clink261. This takes 20 minutes and costs around £4.
Find the hostel in King’s Cross, a buzzing cultural quarter and London’s main transport hub. From the train station, we’re just 10 minutes’ walk away!