Welcome to Clink78 London! Clink261's bigger sister! Clink Hostels are London's most original hostels!
Stay in a former courthouse!
Sleep in an authentic prison cell!
Chill out where The Clash stood trial!
Email from our magisterial internet courtroom!
Meet up in Clashbar!
Explore London from a great central location: King's Cross!
Judge for yourself!
Clink78 combines 200 years of history with a quirky and colourful interior in London King's Cross. Set in a former courthouse, our hostel is truly unique! We offer a wide range of clean and modern facilities such as a self-catering kitchen, a fun bar, a games area, internet and TV lounges in original courtrooms, a travelshop, a laundry...
Our reception is manned 24/7 by multi-lingual staff, with night security from 9pm. We have no curfew, but you need your keycard to gain access to the hostel and your room. We are all about security!
We offer a mixture of private rooms (single, twin, triple and prison cells) and dorms (from 4 to 16 beds). Most private rooms and some dorms have their own bathrooms. We also offer Girls Only dorms and Girls Deluxe for even more luxury. All dorm beds are clean and cosy, featuring unique and innovative pod beds that have their own reading light and handy small head locker for personal belongings.
FREE bed linen
FREE luggage room
FREE London walking tour
FREE London map
CLASHBAR (open from 7pm until late every night) - strictly for the over 18s
Clashbar brings you 7-nights-a-week of pure entertainment, fun and frivolity. It's great value and the perfect place to meet people, sample cool cocktails, play games and dance the night away. Check out our great DJs and acoustic sets.
Clink78 is perfectly located to explore London's rich past as well as its diverse multi-cultural present. Clink78 is the ultimate hostel from which to discover all that London has to offer. All are within walking distance or just a few minutes away by bus or underground.
Please make sure you read our terms & conditions before booking.
See you soon!
• A passport, driving license or government issued ID is needed to check-in
• If you are travelling with somebody else, we cannot guarantee that we can accommodate you in the same room. It would be better if you booked a private room if you don't want to be separated
• We welcome guests between 18 to 35 years old
• If you have children under 16 you must book a private room
• Padlocks are not provided; however are sold for £2.50
Groups of over 15 guests:
• We do not permit groups of people under 16 years old; please inform hostels.com when requesting a room if this is the case
• A deposit (non-refundable) must be paid after booking one week later and the balance 3 weeks before arrival
• A group deposit is required at check in of £300 on a credit card. The credit card holder must give this deposit to cover breakage or for disobeying the stopping and parking rules if you arrive by coach
• We can advice you where to stop/park if you are arriving by coach, just inform us when booking
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- Cable TV
- Child Friendly
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free WiFi
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Internet Access
- Key Card Access
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Pool Table
- Reading Light
- Taxes included
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Wheelchair Friendly
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 2 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
●Passport, driver's license or government issued identity card required upon check-in.
●If the name on your booking is different to the name on the card used to the confirm the booking, the hostel may request a copy of your ID or card for legal reasons.
● Guests can check-in until 4am. Guests will only be able to access their room from 2.30pm. A luggage room is available for guest use if they arrive earlier than 2.30pm. Check out time is 10am.
● Note that all dorms are mixed unless a girls’ dorm is booked.
● Guests that wish to bring their children under 16 years of age must book whole dorms or private rooms.
● Bookings cannot be accepted from any underage person unless they are accompanied by an adult over 18. They will be refused check-in.
● When booking dorm beds in dorm rooms, the hostel cannot guarantee that guests travelling together will be staying in the same room. We suggest booking private rooms or whole dorms if guests want to ensure they're together.
● For stag/hen parties, please contact us directly. Clink reserves the right to deny entry to anyone who has booked online and is part of such a group.
● If you wish to cancel or amend your reservation to receive a full refund you will need to notify us by email
– For the fully flexible rates: 48 hours in advance of your arrival date by 2.30pm (and 7 days before the arrival dates of 29th, 30th and 31st of December). If you notify us any less than 48 hours before your arrival date, or in case of a no-show, you will not be entitled to a refund.
– For the semi flexible rates: 14 days in advance of your arrival date by 2.30pm (and 7 days before the arrival dates of 29th, 30th and 31st of December). If you notify us any less than 14 days before your arrival date, or in case of a no-show, you will not be entitled to a refund.
– Non-refundable rates: If cancelled, modified, or in case of a no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.
– If you arrive a day or more late without informing the hostel, we will try and find you a bed, but this may not be in the same room type booked and may incur extra charges.
● In the event of Force Majeure (governmental action; fire; flood; insurrection; earthquake; power failure; riot; explosion; embargo, transportation interruption of any kind; terrorist attack; acts of God…) affecting your booking, the company reserves the right to receive any outstanding payments in connection to your confirmed booking.
● A great-value buffet breakfast is available for £2.
Groups (+15 people)
● We accept groups from age 12+.
● You will be asked to pay a 20% non-refundable deposit a week after booking is made. The balance will be required 4 weeks before arrival.
● One group leader will be required to give a credit card upon arrival for a “Group Deposit”. This will need to be the card holder. We will pre-authorize the card for £300 in case of breakage or for not respecting coach stopping/parking rules.
● If your group is arriving by coach, make sure to contact us for information on where to stop and park.
● If you do not inform us by email when booking we cannot guarantee for your group to be in the same rooms and depending on availability your booking might be cancelled.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
Our closest underground station is King's Cross. We're about a 10-minute walk away or two bus stops away by bus 63 (bus stop in front of the station).
There are a lot of exits but once you've walked outside make sure that Euston Rd is in front of you and that the station is behind you. All you have to do is turn left and walk down Euston Rd which becomes Pentonville Rd. Walk along this road. The second street on your right is King's Cross Rd. Follow this road as it curves to the right; you'll see a big Travelodge on your left. We're the big Victorian building with the steps and phone red box next to it.
From Heathrow airport, take the underground Piccadilly Line all the way to King's Cross.
From Gatwick airport, take the First Capital Connect train all the way to King's Cross.
From Luton airport, take the First Capital Connect train all the way to King's Cross.
From Stansted airport, take the Terravision Buses or Stansted Express train to Liverpool Street Station. Then transfer to the underground taking either the Metropolitan Line, Circle Line or Hammersmith & City Line westbound to King's Cross.
From Victoria coach station, take the Underground Victoria Line to King's Cross.
Once in King's Cross, follow the directions above.
Perfectly located to explore London's rich past as well as its diverse multicultural present, Clink78 is the ultimate destination from which to discover all that London has to offer.
To the North you'll find Camden Markets and Regent's Park Zoo, to the South; the world famous British Museum, St Paul's Cathedral and the Tate Modern, to the East; the trendy nightlife of Angel, Old Street and Farrington and to the West; the shops of Covent Garden and Oxford Street.