Hootananny is a lively hostel with spacious rooms in a traditional Edwardian public house dating back to the early 1850's. We offer large airy comfortable rooms and have a great reputation for cleanliness and helpful staff. We're located in the heart of Brixton with excellent transport links - a great location to stay and explore the city of London.
With just a ten minute walk to Brixton underground station, you are straight to Central London on the Tube in less than 15 minutes. As one of London’s most diverse and vibrant areas, Brixton has world famous covered and street markets, is a hub for music venues, atmospheric pubs and has the pick of the world’s best cuisine with a great selection of restaurants.
Hostellers are treated to a 20% discount on drinks at the award-winning bar downstairs that was recently crowned Best Live Music venue in London. Festival headliner Manu Chao chose Hootananny bar to give a secret show after his festival act. Hootananny star gigs include big gypsy bands, hip hop, dubstep, live reggae acts from Jamaica, ska, world music and pop rock.
- Please be aware that you must show a photo I.D. when you arrive. We only accept passports or a driving license as I.D. This is a hostel for over 18's only, there are no family rooms and we do not cater for young children.
- Check in is open from 9am - 12 midnight - no need to phone to confirm check in times.
- Online bookings for groups of more than 5 are not permitted.
- We are a backpackers hostel and do not check in local residents of London into our hostel.
• 10% deposit is required for your key and locker and will be returned to you at check-out
• We do not accept online bookings of over 5 people
• Children are not permitted to stay in our hostel. We are an over 18's only hostel
• A photo ID is required at check-in. This can be either a passport or driving license
• Unfortunately we do not cater for residents of London
• Check-in times are from 9am to 12 midnight - no need to phone to confirm booking
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- Age Restriction
- Bicycle parking
- Board Games
- Book Exchange
- Free Breakfast
- Cable TV
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Iron / Ironing Board
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- No Curfew
- Outdoor Terrace
- Pool Table
- Reception (limited hours)
- Taxes included
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Towels For Hire
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
Online bookings for groups of more than 5 are not permitted.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
Turn left out of Brixton Underground station and walk straight for 5-10 minutes and you cannot miss us; a big red building on the corner of Effra Road and Brixton Water Lane.
Brixton Underground Station is the last stop Southbound on the Victoria Line. Half an hour from London's top tourist attractions.
Or take the number 2 bus from Victoria or the number 3 bus from Trafalgar Square.