Our Melting Pot
Experience traveling to the Philippines on a budget as you stay in Our Melting Pot. We are backpackers ourselves who have travelled to various countries in Europe and Southeast Asia, wanting to bring our beautiful experience abroad to be able to promote the culture and beauty of the Philippines which is known to be THE PEARL OF THE ORIENT.
Our backpackers joint consists of 6-bed and 4-bed mixed dorm accommodation in the heart of Makati, the entertainment and financial capital of the Philippines. The place is one-ride away from the major city attractions and the important places to visit in the Greater Manila area. Modern, peaceful and well-managed, Our Melting Pot comes with the basic amenities normally found in a hostel such as common area, reception, free internet access, toilet and bath and comfy beds.
Note that we only accept credit cards for reservations from this site, with the balance payable in cash upon arrival.
Additional reminders for guests who are booking our private rooms: your accommodation is in a separate building distinct from the main hostel reception area. It takes 3 minutes on foot to get there.
Lastly, for confirmed arrivals past midnight, be sure that the bed you book should be for the cycle 13:00 of the previous day to 12:00 of the current day.
For example, if you are arriving on Monday 3:00am, the bed to be booked should be for Sunday where the normal check-in time starts at 13:00. If you book a bed for Monday, this only means that you are decided to wait til 12:00 noon when the person who booked it for Sunday should finally check out.
The hostel should be accessible from any part of Metro Manila. However, taxi drivers are not familiar with the name of our hostel (OUR MELTING POT) because we are simply an apartment unit in a posh residential-hotel building with exact address in:
UNIT 18-NO A.VENUE SUITES
#7829 Makati Avenue cor. General Luna St.
1200 Makati City
To facilitate your reaching our hostel, remember that the key streets that you should mention to the driver are MAKATI AVE., GIL PUYAT AVE. and KALAYAAN AVE.
Note: Private rooms are to be found in a different apartment building, a short 5 minute-walk from the main hostel where the reception/dorm is.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 hour reception
- 24 hour security
- Air Conditioning
- Book exchange
- Breakfast Included
- Cable TV
- Card phones
- Common Room
- Currency exchange
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free Parking
- Free Wifi
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Meeting Room
- Mini Supermarket
- Outdoor Terrace
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Towels For Hire
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
Additional Note: Your balance is due immediately upon arrival at the hostel; only cash payment is accepted
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
From any of the 3 terminals of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, take a coupon / airport taxi to avoid being ripped off by unscrupulous drivers. (It is still an option to take a metered taxi if you are arriving when the sun is still up; you can spot the more reliable operators based on the list found in the last lines of this write-up.)
Our exact address is:
4th floor Mavenue Bldg, 7844 Makati Avenue cor. Guerrero Street, Barangay Bel-air, Makati City
Mavenue building where we are situated is a few steps after Wendy's and 7-11 (these can be found on your right, if you are coming from the airport) and right beside Great Eastern Hotel.
Please take note that if you stand looking down at the corner of Makati Avenue and Guerrero Street, with Great Eastern on your left and an old non-descript building on your right, at the ground floor of the building, spot the SOCIALICIOUS TEA and YAKINUKU Japanese Restaurant. There is a hallway, in the middle section of the building, left side of the restaurant, that leads to the elevator/staircase to the 4th floor where we are situated.
Please note that the TAXI DRIVER WILL NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OUR MELTING POT HOSTEL. OMP signages still have to be put up when the renovation of the entire building is done.
[From the airport or MIA road, the taxi driver normally takes the main avenue called EDSA. After about 5-10 minutes on that highway, it makes a left on AYALA AVENUE, then right on MAKATI AVE. When you have come past Mandarin Hotel along Makati Avenue, you're at most 5 minutes away from the hostel. Once you see St. Giles Hotel, two more blocks you will find Mavenue building on your right, at the corner of Guerrero Street.
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS :
1. For changes in your ETA in the hostel, please find time to update your reservation details or email us in advance. We do receive guests anytime of the day/night, but it would work well for both you and the hostel management, if the NEW or ACTUAL time of your arrival is known, other than the default time found in the system.
2. Upon arrival at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, metered taxis are easier (cheaper) to find if you go up the departure area, where taxi drivers unload departing passengers; however, if your ETA is beyond 19:00, this is no longer the situation. Just queue to get a metered or coupon taxi right outside the arrival hall. Or better yet, get an AIRPORT TAXI and avoid the stress of bargaining with the taxi drivers. The estimated fare to the hostel using this special taxi is between P350-P450.
3. From the airport to the hostel using ordinary metered taxis, the maximum fare should be around P250.00 even on heavy traffic. However, if you cannot successfully negotiate use of the meter by the driver or chance upon a DISHONEST one who might drive you around in circles within Metro Manila, your fare can go up to a thousand pesos (P1,000.00) or more.
4. Your safeguard when using ordinary metered taxis is to choose more reliable taxi operators such as: R&E, E&E, MGE, N&S, P&A, 24/7, Munich, Tai, Sturdy, Basic, D'Avis, T&I, Polland, World and Dollar. In general, you don't have to bargain with their drivers to put down their meters, although of course there are always some exceptions.
The hostel should be accessible from any part of Metro Manila. However, taxi drivers are not familiar with the name of our hostel (OUR MELTING POT) because we just moved in to a new location started on Dec. 1, 2012.
To facilitate your reaching our hostel, remember that the key streets that you should mention to the driver are MAKATI AVE., KALAYAAN AVENUE., GIL PUYAT AVE.. We are exactly on MAKATI AVE which is perpendicular to Kalayaan Avenue and parallel to Gil Puyat Ave, Makati City.