River View Guesthouse and Hostel
Melaka is a beautiful town with stunning architecture, dating back to the 18th century. It has historical influences from as far back as the 16th Century by the Portuguese, Dutch and British. Historical heritage sites such as A'Farmosa ( an ancient fortress built by the Portuguese), 16th century churches, The Dutch Square, Maritime Museum (which is housed in a replica of the ancient Portuguese vessel :Flor de la Mar), Cheng Hoon Teng ( the oldest chinese temple in Malaysia), Kampung Kling Mosque (one of the oldest in Malaysia) and other attractions like Jonker Street (bargain hunters haven for artefacts and relics), galleries and much more, are within 10 to 15 minutes walk.
The guest house offers accomodation in comfortable twin(6'x4') or double(6'x6') bedded rooms with fan and common bathrooms (hot & cold shower) for up to 14 guests. All rooms have windows.Bath towels are provided for guest use. There is a sitting, tv and dining area with a kitchen for light cooking. Coffee / tea and drinking water is provided complimentary. The first floor terrace has a magnificent view of the Melaka River snaking majestically through traditional Melaka shop-houses and homes ; thus the name of the guest house. You could sit here in the evening, drink beer and watch the boats go by or just take a walk along the river, which is brightly and beautifully lighted at night. This is true local living.
- We do not accommodate children below 12 years old.
- Minimum 2 nights stay (per room) is required for bookings that fall over Saturdays.
- Max 2 persons in a room. We do not provide extra bed or extra matress or allow extra person in own sleeping bag in room.
- Do not acomodate group booking of more than 2 rooms (4 persons). We reserve the right to reject group bookings of 4 persons and above upon arrival.
- Check-in time : 2.00pm; check-out time :12.00pm. Guests are most welcome to leave luggage at the guest house first, should they arrive before 2pm.
- Rooms held till 6.00pm unless otherwise advised.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
- Air Conditioning
- Bicycle hire
- Board Games
- Book exchange
- Breakfast not included
- Ceiling fan
- Free City Maps
- Free Wifi
- Hair Dryers
- Hot Showers
- Key Card Access
- Linen Included
- Outdoor Terrace
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Towels Included
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
- Do not accomodate children of 12 years and below
- Maximum 2 persons in a twin/double room. Please do not book if you need a triple room.
- Do not provide extra bed, extra mattress or allow extra person in sleeping bag.
- Do not accomodate group booking of more than 2 rooms (4 persons). We reserve the right to reject group bookings upon arrival.
- Check-in time 2pm ; Check-out time 12.00pm
- Rooms held till 6pm unless otherwise advised
- Minimum 2 nights stay (per room) is required for bookings that fall over Friday and Saturdays.
- This is not a hotel. It is an old building mainly of wood, preserved in its original condition. Please do not book if you prefer modern walls, floors and ceilings. Thank you.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
Take bus no 17 of Panorama single decker bus that goes to Mahkota Parade from Melaka Sentral bus and taxi terminal. Get off at the red Dutch Square. Walk across the bridge over the Melaka river, turn right into Lorong Hang Jebat. At the end of the road, turn left into Jalan Kampong Pantai. Continue to walk for about 3 minutes. We are on the right.
Bus fare is approximately @RM1.00. Taxi fare is @RM15.00 from Sentral.