We are a brand new small Guesthouse located in the centre of Monchique.
Monchique is with a few exceptions happily little changed by the 20th Century invasion of tourism. It lies in the saddle created by the two high hills, Foia and Picota, the former reaching to 902 meters above sea level. As with mountain people the world over the 10,000 inhabitants of this town have retained its rustic atmosphere with steep cobbled streets and small dark doorways housing various artisan trades, and with this our Guesthouse we intend to preserve this spirit.
We are located in the old city centre, in a quiet street, one minute from the main square, 3 minutes from Monchique Free Swimming Pool and Supermarket.
Our house provides a relaxing time, cleanliness and from here you can enjoy all the beautiful sites of Monchique, felling complete security, surrounded by nature but just a walk away from everything .
We have a self catered studio apartment, completely independent, and on the opposite side of the street the main building with a total of 4 double rooms with private bathroom (two standard double rooms and two deluxe double rooms that include a sofa with possibility for an extra person/child).
In Mochique you can find lovely panoramic mountain views where ever you go and excellent traditional Portuguese restaurants and people.
We hope to see you soon and be sure that you found the right place to stay.
Because we are a Guesthouse and have no office, you must call prior to your arrival to let us know your expected arrival time.
Check-in is after 12:00 and before 20:00. For a later or earlier check-in, please e-mail with the request so we can accommodate your request.
Cash only for payment of balance.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
B&B Facilities & Policies
- Air Conditioning
- Book exchange
- Breakfast not included
- Cable TV
- Child Friendly
- Cots available
- Credit Cards Not Accepted
- Free Internet Access
- Free Wifi
- Hair Dryers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Luggage Storage
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Pet Friendly
- Taxes included
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Towels Included
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
Driving directions to R. da Estalagem Velha 14, Monchique, Portugal
Montes de Alvor, Penina
8500-059 Alvor, Portugal
1. Head northeast on Estr. de Montes de Alvor toward Stio da Colina Mourisca
2. Continue onto Estr. EM531-1
Go through 1 roundabout
3. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit
4. Continue straight onto A22 Acessos
5. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Lisboa/Faro and merge onto A22
6. Take exit 5 for N124 toward Portimo
7. Merge onto A22 Acessos
8. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Estr. EN124/N124
Continue to follow N124
9. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Estr. EN266/N124/N266
Continue to follow N266
10. Slight left onto Largo de 5 Outubro
11. Turn left onto R. Dr. Francisco Gomes de Avelar
12. Continue straight onto Largo dos Chores
13. Turn right onto R. do Porto Fundo
14. Take the 1st right onto R. Dr. Bernardino Moreira
15. Continue straight onto R. da Igreja
16. Keep right at the fork
17. Turn left onto R. de Santo Antnio
18. Take the 1st right onto R. Joo de Deus
19. Turn left to stay on R. Joo de Deus
20. Turn right onto R. da Fonte do Castanheiro
Destination will be on the right
R. da Estalagem Velha 14