Jazz on the Park-Hostel
Jazz on the Park Hostel is located in the modern Upper Westside of New York City. Central Park is within walking distance along with subway lines B and C, shops, a variety of restaurants and bars. Close by you will find many of New York's major attractions and interesting sites such as The Museum of Natural History, the New York Historical Society, Cathedral of St. John the Divine, Riverside Park and Grant's Tomb, Columbia University, the Hungarian Pastry Shop and if you fancy going for a walk across Central Park you will end up on 5th Avenue. Other attractions on this side include the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Guggenheim Museum, the Neue Gallery, and the Jewish Museum of Art.
This convenient location lets you explore New York by foot and if you hop on the subway, you can be anywhere in the city in a matter of minutes. We are in a perfect spot from where you can start your sightseeing adventures.
We welcome groups and individual guests and we can accommodate you in single or double rooms and also in dormitory style rooms. We provide lockers, however you need your own padlock. We sell them at reception in case you forget one and if you wish to use our electronic luggage storage, please note that a small fee will apply. Bathroom facilities are situated on each floor (shower & toilet) and we provide towels.
Our famous coffee bar and TV lounge is a great place to meet new people, also our friendly multi-lingual staff is there to help you with any queries and inform you about all the best places to go. BBQ parties in the summer not only feed you well, but you can also take this change to make new friends and learn about their travel experiences in a social and relaxed environment. We also have summer pub crawls and at selected times a tourism booth.
We're looking forward to meet you!
• The hostel is in two buildings. On 106 Street and Central Park West you will find the main-check in and the coffee bar and on 105th Street you will find all private singles and our dormitory rooms.
• The 14.75% tax, $3.50 service charge (private room) and 50c service charge (dorm) is not included in the price and must be paid when you check in.
• Check-in at 3 pm
• Check-out at 11 am
• 14 days is the maximum number of days you can stay with us
• Under 18's are not permitted to check in and must be accompanied by an adult and also have a parents'/guardians' consent stating that they are aware they will be staying
• In case of a cancellation, you must notify us at least 48 hours in advance by phone or email
• In case of 'No Show', a total of one night's stay will be charged
• A valid Passport or an out of state photo ID is required to check-in
• Sorry but no NY State residents - there are no exceptions
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 hour reception
- 24 hour security
- Age Restriction
- Air Conditioning
- Cable TV
- Card phones
- Common Room
- Games Room
- Key Card Access
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Non Smoking
- Outdoor Terrace
- Pool Table
- Taxes not included
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
You must be between 18 and 40 years of age to check in, if under, you must be accompanied by an adult and have a consent stating your guardians are aware of where you are staying.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
From JFK Airport:
1) Take the AIRTRAIN shuttle to the Jamaica/Sutphin Blvd Subway station.
2) Enter the 'E' train going to Manhattan.
3) Transfer from the 'E' train to the uptown 'C' train at 42nd Street/Port Authority Bus Terminal (59th Street) Station in Manhattan.
4) Exit the subway at 103rd Street and Central Park. Walk north on Central Park West to 106 Street. Turn left, the hostel is the second building from the corner.
$45 flat rate for a yellow cab to the hostel
From La Guardia Airport:
1) Take the M60 Bus to 106 Street and Broadway.
2) Walk 3 blocks east on 106 Street to 36 W.106 Street.
$25-$30 YELLOW CAB FARE
From Newark Airport:
1) Take the $10 Olympia Bus or $9 NJ Transit bus to New York Port Authority. (See from Port Authority). Or Take a $20 Super Shuttle bus www.supershuttle.com direct to Jazz on the Park
*New Car Service for $28 plus toll & tip - Carmel -212-666-6666 from New York to Newark.
$45-$50 YELLOW CAB FARE
*The Museum of Natural History
*Riverside Park and Grant's Tomb
*Cathedral of St. John the Divine
*The New York Historical Society
*The Hungarian Pastry Shop