The 80's Guesthouse
The 80's Guesthouse is the latest vintage guesthouse by Old Penang Guesthouse.
It is located at 100 years old shophouses in the heart of Georgetown, Penang. The concept of renovation rests on a clear contrast of what is old and new. All effort has been made to preserve as much of the character of the existing building as possible. Existing features have been left untouched while new circulation has been added.
This guesthouse is all about preserving the memories of the building, expressing the detailing, creating a natural, comfortable and authentic interior which appears to be a joy to occupy. The interior retains traces of its previous incarnations in the form of sections of exposed beams, brickwork and aged door. Those incredible worn walls were simply left to be as they are – patchy and broken – without the need to make them perfect by restoring or covering them up.
The building is decorated with a mixture of vintage and contemporary furniture. Original floorboard from the building have been reused as bathroom door and furniture in the guesthouse.
The 80's was a happening decade when old meets with the new, has inspired the design of the guesthouse. We hope the total experience will be authentic and create timeless feel to the guest. The 80's Guesthouse is a best place for the guest who looking for a unique stay.
- Double Dorm (Deluxe 4 bed mixed dorm) : Queen size bunk bed. 1 bed can sleep up to 2 person. Ideal for couple traveller or individual who love extra space.
- Twin Private : Private room with single size bunk bed for 2 person.
- Double Bed Private : Private room with Queen size bed.
- Mixed Dorm : Dormitory with single size bunk bed.
- Female Dorm : Female-only dormitory.
- Breakfast included
- Towels, linens and duvets provided
- Free WiFi and internet access
- Free maps and traveling advice
- Powerful hot water shower
- Satellite TV and movies
- Big lockers for dormitory
- Individual reading lamps and electrical socket
- Premium mattress covered with bed bug lock
- Free drinking water
- Free coffee and tea
- 24 hours security camera
The Frame Guesthouse by us is now open at 168, Chulia Street.
1.Check in time is after 3pm and Check out time before 12noon.
2.3 days advance notice for free cancellation.
3.Cash payment only upon arrival.
4.Please take note that we are a backpacker's hostel. Our place might not be suitable for those who is not used to backpacking experience. Most of the facilities in the guesthouse are on a sharing basis. Our place also not suitable for travelers below 12 years old and above 65 years old as we do not provide child care and elderly care facilities in the guesthouse.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- 24 Hour Security
- Air Conditioning
- Bicycle hire
- Bicycle parking
- Board Games
- Book Exchange
- Free Breakfast
- Cable TV
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Not Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Hair Dryers
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Outdoor Terrace
- Reading Light
- Steam Room
- Taxes included
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels Included
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 3 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
1) Check-in time is after 3pm and Check out time before 12noon.
2) 3 days advance notice for free cancellation.
3) Please take note that we are a backpacker's hostel. Our place might not be suitable for those who is not used to backpacking experience. Most of the facilities in the guesthouse are on a sharing basis.
4) Age restriction:
Our place also not suitable for travelers below 12 years old and above 65 years old as we do not provide child care and elderly care facilities.
5) Tourism Tax is not included in the room rate. RM10 will be collected upon check in for private room.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
Take RapidPenang bus no. 401E to Carnavon Street.
Walk to Lebuh Chulia. Then, walk along Lebuh Chulia and look for 7-Eleven. Love Lane is just beside the 7-Eleven. 1 minutes walk along the Love Lane, you will find Old Penang GuestHouse on your right.
From Butterworth Bus Terminal
Take ferry to Penang island Jetty Bus Terminal.
From Penang island Jetty Bus Terminal
Take RapidPenang bus no. 101,104,201,202,203,204,206. to Lebuh Chulia bus stop (in front of 7-Eleven).
From Sungai Nibong Bus Terminal
Take RapidPenang bus no. 401 , 301, 303 to Lebuh Chulia.
From KOMTAR Bus Terminal
Take RapidPenang bus no. 101, 104, 201, 202, 203, 204, 206 to Lebuh Chulia.
Address: The 80's Guesthouse,
No.46, Love Lane, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia.
Conveniently located in the heart of Georgetown, Penang, an UNESCO World Heritage Site. Surrounded by eclectic cafe shops, antique and bric-a-brac shops, it is only a stroll away from Penang's historical landmarks.