MORE THAN JUST A BED!
What are you waiting for? You won't be disappointed with our brand new facility and friendly staff. Just look through our reviews and you'll see that CamelBackpackers is the hostel for you.
Welcome travelers and thanks for checking out our our small, friendly hostel! We are adventurers like you and believe the journey is more important than the destination. Who you meet along that way is often just as important as the sights you see
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
- 24 hour reception
- 24 hour security
- Air Conditioning
- Bicycle hire
- Bicycle parking
- Board Games
- Book exchange
- Breakfast Included
- Cable TV
- Ceiling fan
- Common Room
- Fax Service
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free Parking
- Free Wifi
- Games Room
- Hair Dryers
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Outdoor Terrace
- Reading Light
- Safety Deposit Box
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Towels Included
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
Cancellation Policy: 1 day before arrival (by noon)
Check-in: 1.00 - 8.00 pm.
If you are arriving at a time outside that window, please call us and make special arrangements. We will be more than happy to accommodate your travel needs.
Check Out: 12.00 noon
Method of Payment upon arrival: cash only
Breakfast is included: Yes
Taxes are included: Yes
All guests are required to be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver's license or valid passport to check in.
The hostel only serves residents living outside of the Phoenix area (no residents from Maricopa and Pinal Counties).
The hostel reserves the right to refuse any person at any time for any reason.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
Note: We are 13TH AVENUE not 13th Street
Light Rail Stop: Central and McDowell
Route 17 Stop: 12th Avenue and McDowell
Route 15 Stop: 15th Avenue and McDowell
Route 8 Stop: 7th Avenue and McDowell
Driving Exit from Interstate 10: 144
Driving Exit from Interstate 17: 200B
Public Transit Directions from PHX Airport
1. Walk to Sky Harbor Airport Terminal 4 North Curb Stop ID: 11006 About 24 mins (1.2 mi)
2. Board PFAS Bus towards PHX Airport Shuttle To METRO light rail (11 mins, 1 stop)
3. Exit on 44th St/Washington Transit Center Stop ID: 11007
4. Walk to 44th Street/Washington Light Rail Stn Stop ID: 10018 About 1 min (7 mins to make transfer)
5. Board LTRL Light rail towards Metro light rail To 19th Ave/Montebello (21 mins, 8 stops)
6. Exit on McDowell/Central Ave Light Rail Station (The stop before is Central Ave/Van Buren) Stop ID: 10010
7. Walk to the NW (North is toward the Phoenix Art Museum, then West is away from the Art Museum) corner of McDowell Rd & Central Ave Stop ID: 11452 About 3 mins (approximately 10 mins to make transfer)
8. You can continue to walk on McDowell to 13th Ave or Board 17 Bus towards 17 McDowell to Desert Sky (5 mins, 3 stops)
9. Exit McDowell Rd & 11th Ave Stop ID: 11455 Walk West (right) to 1601 N 13th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85007 About 2 mins (0.1 mi)
Public Transit from the Greyhound Transit Station:
There are multiple bus/light rail routes. The 70 bus to the 17 bus is the best route with the least amount of walking. You can also take the 13 bus to the 8 bus which is also the least amount of walking. Or you can walk a mile to 24th Street/Washington Light Rail Stn About 22 mins (1.1 mi) to the light rail. Then follow directions above.
Bus Route 70 to 17:
1) Walk to 24th St & Buckeye Rd About 2 mins (0.1 mi)
2) Board 70 bus towards 70 Glndale/24th to Luke AFB at 24th St & Buckeye Rd Stop ID: 14550 (9 mins, 9 stops)
3) Exit on 24th St & McDowell Rd Stop ID: 14559
4) Walk towards the Wendy's at McDowell Rd & 24th St About 1 min
McDowell Rd & 24th St Stop ID: 11440
5) Board 17 Bus towards 17 McDowell to Desert Sky (20 mins, 15 stops)
6) Exit on McDowell Rd & 15th Ave Stop ID: 11455
7) Walk East (away from the Dollar Store) to 1601 N 13th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85007 About 2 mins (0.1 mi)
Bus Route 13 to 8
1) Board the 13 Bus towards 13 BUCKEYE West to 75th Ave at Buckeye Rd & 24th St Stop ID: 11012 (11 mins, 12 stops)
3) Exit at Buckeye Rd & 7th Ave Stop ID: 11024
4) Walk NE (toward the Elks Lodge) to 7th Ave & Buckeye Rd About 1 min
5) Board the 8 bus toward 7th Ave. North to Dunlap/3rd St. Via Cent Station at 7th Ave & Buckeye Rd Stop ID: 10657 (19 mins, 15 stops)
6) Exit at 7th Ave & McDowell Rd Stop ID: 10666
7) Walk SW (toward the Circle K gas station) to 1601 N 13th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85007 About 8 mins (0.4 mi)
Driving Directions from PHX Airport
1. Head west 1.2 mi
2. Slight right 0.5 mi
3. Slight left to merge onto I-10 W toward Downtown/AZ-51/Phoenix 4.6 mi
4. Take exit 144 for 7th Ave 0.2 mi, keep to the right
5. Turn right onto N 7th Ave 0.3 mi
6. Turn left onto W McDowell Rd, Destination will be on the right 0.4 mi
CamelBackpackers Hostel is surrounded by numerous bus stops and the light rail is less than one mile to the East. If guests wish to rent a car, Enterprise and Hertz Car Rentals are less than 2 miles away. The hostel is close to four major city centers with downtown Phoenix only 2 miles away, Glendale Historic Center is 7 miles, Mill Avenue in Tempe is 10 miles, and Old Town Scottsdale is 12 miles away. Each city is easily accessible from both car and public transit.
CamelBackpackers Hostel is located within the historic, Encanto- Palmcroft District. The property is a multi-family (R-5), residential Zoning District that allows for business. The Encanto-Palmcroft District is a stable and improving neighborhood with several other small businesses. The nearby businesses add to the allure of our hostel. Within walking distance, guests will have access to emergency facilities, grocery and convenience stores, restaurants, bars, novelty stores, shopping, banking facilities, and sports centers. CamelBackpackers hostel is also within walking distance of several cultural activities, museums, and recreation centers.
CamelBackpackers Hostel is located in Central Phoenix on the North East corner of 13th Avenue and McDowell Avenue . It is 5.7 miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport and 27 miles from Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport . Major highways are extremely close: Interstate 17 is one mile away, Interstate 10 is only a half-mile away, and State Highway 51 is 3 miles away.