We offer free buffet breakfast
Special season offer ( 1.10. 2018 - 20.4.2019 )
Monday ... FREE oven baked sausages
Tuesday ... Happy Hour - 50% off Czech lager beer
Wednesday ...Happy Hour – 50% off Czech lager beer + Jenga
Thursday ... FREE oven baked sausages
Friday ... Happy Hour - 50% off Czech lager beer
Saturday ... Extended breakfast ( 11AM )
Sunday ... Movie night + FREE popcorn
Established in 2000 as one of Prague’s first hostels, Hostel Elf maintains its eventful vibe and keeps floating on the waves of a real backpackers mood. Our biggest pride belongs to our terrace patio and common room where you can chill out with other travelers. To enhance one’s communication abilities, we sell Czech beer at the 24/7 reception.
We are a totally independent hostel, all of the staff are employed full time, they have a great knowledge of the local area with good recommendations of local bars, parks and landmarks.
The interior is decorated with modern art paintings and the outside terrace has mural graffiti artworks. If you are artistically gifted, or just an art enthusiast, you can beautify part of our fence with your national symbols or the flag of your country. We have over eighty of them hanged here with the best ones being Canada and South Africa so far.
The music played is mostly reggae, punk rock, drum and bass and old-school hip hop depending on the shift and weather.
Looking forward having you!
Hostel Elf is a charming hostel in the district of Zizkov, It has an alternative vibe with a friendly atmosphere, full of like minded travelers. Included in your stay is free buffet breakfast, unlimited coffee + tea and a free BBQ.
Please note that we do not permit guests age 40 and over to stay in our dorm rooms but you are more than welcome to stay in private rooms. Thanks for understanding.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- 24 Hour Security
- Age Restriction
- Bicycle parking
- Board Games
- Book Exchange
- Free Breakfast
- Card Phones
- Child Friendly
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Currency Exchange
- Telephone/Fax Facilities
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Games Room
- Hair Dryers
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- Internet Access
- Iron / Ironing Board
- Key Card Access
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Late check-out
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- Mini Supermarket
- No Curfew
- Outdoor Terrace
- Pet Friendly
- Postal Service
- Reading Light
- Reception (limited hours)
- Safe Deposit Box
- Taxes included
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Towels Included
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
Check in : 13.00
Check out : 11.00
Terms and conditions :
1. We require that you present some form of valid photo identification upon check in, preferably a valid passport, national identity card. Driving licenses or student cards are not accepted as valid ID.
2. Check-out. Departing guests must remove all their belongings from their room, and check out, before 11am.
3. Upon check-in each guests will receive a room key card against deposit of 5 Euro or 100 CZK. These key cards are activated for the period of stay only and must be handed back to reception on check out.
2. AGE RESTRICTION & ROOM ALLOCATION
1. Age restriction. Customers under the age of 18 are only permitted to stay in private rooms. All guest under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
2. Age restriction for dormitories is under the age of 40. If this condition isn't met, the hostel reserves the right to cancel the booking at any time without a refund.
3. PAYMENT POLICY
1. There's no deposit charged upon reservation, however in case of no show without cancelation at least 24 hours prior planned arrival, we'll reguire first night payment.
2. The balance owing will be due in full upon arrival, payable by debit, credit card or cash.
4. GUEST BEHAVIOUR
1. Guests are expected to respect other guests, staff and property.
2. We reserve the right to requested any guests who broke the rules to leave the hostel without any refund. We also reserve the right to charge guests the cost of rectifying damage, caused by the deliberate act of the guest to the hostel’s property. .
3. Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside of the building.Any guest found smoking within the building will be charged a compulsory fee of EUR 100.
Smoking is permitted on the teracce and in the outdoor patio.
6. PERSONAL PROPERTY
1. Guests are asked to use the lockers provided in each room, the safety deposit boxes at reception or the luggage store. Padlocks are available to borrow against deposit at reception.
2. It is the guest’s responsibility to ensure that their personal belongings are secure at all times. Hostel Elf accepts no liability for the loss, theft or damage to property however sustained or caused.
3. You can safely lock your valuable things in safety boxes at the reception.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
FROM THE AIRPORT
you have 4 possibilities.
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT ( costs 32 CZK for the ticket )
Take the bus 119 to 'Nadrazi Veleslavin' station ( final one ) then change for metro( line „ A „ – green one ) for 7 stops. Get off on 'Muzeum', change the line for line C ( Red one ) and go to 'Florenc' ( 2 stops ). Get off the metro and close to the MC´Donalds there is a bus stop, take bus number 207 for two stops to the station is called 'U Pamatniku'. Cross the road and go up to the hill and to the left on the crossing. You should pass Bloody Blue Tattoo salon and Bar Food and keep going for about 100 metres. Our hostel is on the left side of the road next to a phonebox.
BY SHUTTLE BUS OR AE BUS ( costs 65 CZK and 60 CZK )
This bus will takes you to FLORENC and from there you can walk or take bus 207 ( you need another ticket for 24 CZK ). Please see the direction how to get to here from Central bus station FLORENC.
AIRPORT EXPRES /AE bus/ Special airport bus providing directly from Main Train Station/Hlavní nádraží/ to the airport - 60CZK From 5:45am to 9.15pm
BY TAXI ( the price should not be higher than 550 CZK )
Sometimes taxi drivers try to rip you off in Prague so always asked for the price before you get into a carand ask for a receipt before the trip.Our address is Husitská 11, Praha 3
FROM CENTRAL BUS STATION „FLORENC
If you decided to walk, it takes you 5 minutes but you may find hard to find us.. get out of the bus station not using the main entrance / exit but use the one for buses. When you get out of the station, turn right, go under the bridge ( little bit up the hill ) and on the lights turn left. There should be „Bloody blue tatoo“ salon on your left hand side, keep walking and on the same side you'll find our hostel in about 100 meters farther.
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT ( need 24 CZK ticket )
Get out of the bus station ( use the exit next to Burger King ) and go straight on...Find Mc Donalds ( should be on your left hand side ) and close to Mc Donalds, there is a bus stop, take bus 207 for two stops, the name of the bus stop is „U Pamatniku „. Cross the road and go up to the hill and to the left on the crossing. You should pass Bloody Blue Tattoo salon and Bar Food and keep going for about 100 metres. Our hostel is on the left side of the road next to a phonebox.
FROM MAIN TRAIN STATION „HLAVNÍ NÁDRAŽÍ
It takes about 10 minutes but you may find hard to find us.. So, get out of the train station and turn right.Walk througt the park, there will be a childrens playground on your left hand side, and at the end there will be a tram stop ( tram n. 5,9,26 ).Cross the road and go right, on the corner turn left and you will get to a big cross. Here, you have to cross on all pedestrian crossing ( make like a half of a cirkle ) and go left following the rail corridor. Higly recommend you to cross only on the lights..So take the street on the left side and keep walking.When you get on the first cross ( 3 minutes ), there should be a theatre called „ PONEC „.Keep walking and on the left side, there should be a sallon called „ BLODDY BLUE TATOO“.After 2 minutes you should find us on the left hand side..
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT ( need 32 CZK ticket )
Take metro ( line „ C “ – red one ) direction to Letnany for one stop.Get off on the stop called „ FLORENC „ Find Mc Donalds ( should be accross the street ) and close to Mc Donalds, there is a bus stop, take bus 207 for two stops, the name of the bus stop is „U Pamatniku „. Cross the road and go up to the hill and to the left on the crossing. You should pass Bloody Blue Tattoo salon and Bar Food and keep going for about 100 metres. Our hostel is on the left side of the road next to a phonebox.
Please note! We do not recommend taking a cab from a train station. A number of our guests were taken advantage of by Prague's taxi drivers who charge five times more than the regulated fare. Always asked for the price before you get into the car!! In case you really wanna take a taxi just tell the address ( Husitska 11, Prague 3 ) to a taxi driver and the price should be about 150 CZK. If the taxi driver ask you to pay more than 200 CZK feel free to come up to the reception and we will help you to solve the problem with it. Taxi drivers in Prague are o.k. but sometimes they try to rip you off.
This is our gps position ..... Loc: 50°5'13.052'N, 14°26'44.786'E
Our street Husitská is under reconstruction at the moment, you won’t be able to park in front of the hostel. You can park your car in the end of street Orebitská, then simply cross the road and you can come at the reception and we’ll give you instructions for parking.
For parking the most secure place is at the Florenc central bus stop.It is possible to use the secure parking inside the bus station – on the right hand side behind the gate.
1 hour ....... 35 CZK (aprox. 1.5 euros)
1 day ....... 350 CZK (aprox. 14 euros)
1 week ..... 1350 CZK (aprox. 54 euros)
On the BLUE zone – it is strictly prohibited to park without special permitios.