For a number of people, the fast-paced action and the crowd of Cancun can be very overwhelming. Some people are just not up to that kind of all-night parties usually done there. Puerto Morelos is the answer with a family slow-paced life style; it is a relaxing, laid-back alternative to the bustle of Cancun with a lovely white sandy beach and pristine reef offshore. It's also the only working fishing village from Cancun as far as Tulum that hasn't been entirely consumed by tourism. Casitas Kinsol is located in the heart of Puerto Morelos, 2 blocs from the main square and in front of the old market, on the West side of the main highway Cancun to Tulum (MX307):
- 25 minutes from Cancun international airport. Make it your first stop on the Yucatan peninsula before you head for your Mayan adventures.
- Half way between Cancun and Playa del Carmen: the perfect location to visit the Mayan Riviera or to conduct businesses on the Mayan Riviera.
- Four blocks from the bus station, two blocks from the Zocalo (main square). Convenient stores, small restaurants are on the corner of the block.
- 1.8 miles from the white sandy beach of this small fishing town.
- 6 miles from the new convention center of CancunMesse.
Casitas Kinsol - Our commitment
- Outstanding service: we want you back!
- Clean and rustic rooms and bungalows with basic services: no A/C but a fan in each room. And a private bathroom with toilet, shower. All rooms are non-smoking.
- A unique decor: no room is alike; each room has its own touch and personality.
- A luxuriant nature: lime tree, orange tree, mango tree, guayaba tree, papaya tree, mamey tree, soursop, coconuts,... in a jungle cove.
We preserve Casitas Kinsol's jungle cove: no more building on our lot!!!
You'll be able to have your own fresh juice every morning: just walk to the fruit market on the corner of the block (open from 6:00am).
A family and pet friendly atmosphere. We don't have kids (kids are welcome), just a friendly cat and two dogs (a 'malich and a mini-pincher): they are also 24/7 hosts!!!. We will touch your heart: you come as a client and you leave as a friend.
A seductive and a different experience
You will nurture yourself in nature: it's up to you to enjoy the surrounding nature. Flora and fauna are the best: do some bird watching on site.
Take a nap in a hammock under the mango tree and let us know how this experience can change your perception of nature.
Casitas Kinsol is located in Puerto Morelos on the Mayan Riviera, south of Cancun, 16 miles from Cancun international airport. It is half way between Cancun and Playa del Carmen: the perfect location if you plan to explore the Mayan Riviera.
In the heart of downtown Puerto Morelos, on the west side of the Mexican highway 307, Casitas Kinsol is tucked in a luxuriant vegetation and you will wake up to the multiple songs of the birds (listen to their singings). In the heart of the local population: this means that you can find plenty of affordable and tasty small restaurants within 2 or 3 blocks around the property.
With easy access to cheap public transportation (minibus or taxis), Casitas Kinsol is located inland and is less than five minute drive to the white sandy beach of the small fishing village of Puerto Morelos (2.0 miles).
- Check out at 12:00pm. Check in at 3:00pm. Late check-out and early check-in can be accommodated; ask us for details.
- Absolutely no smoking in any rooms.
- Candles are provided as emergency lights when the electricity goes off. You may use them for romantic purposes, however, never leave a candle unattended.
- For the safety of all residents and guests, please register any overnight visit or guest that you may have.
- For the safety of our 4 legged guests, make sure that all gates are closed and locked at all times.
- Towels are not to be used as beach towels. Beach towels are not provided.
- Most rooms do not have windows - only mosquito screens -: please maintain a quiet atmosphere.
- Toilet bowls: Only human waste! Absolutely no toilet paper, hygienic towels, Q-tips, ... !!! The basket next to the toilet bowl is for this purpose.
- If you drove to Casitas kinsol, make sure that your car is parked along the sidewalk in front of Casitas Kinsol. In Puerto Morelos, property owners think that they own the sidewalk in front of their property; as a result any vehicles that is not theirs are not welcome!!!
Energies and resources:
- Help us keep our low rates: save water and electricity. Shut off fan and lights when you leave the room.
- Report any water leak (toilet flushing all day day long, ...).
Help us be environmentally responsible:
- by reducing the amount of detergent used: If you plan in re-using the towel, do not through it on the floor.
- by recycling and reusing organic materials in a compost process.
- by reducing our impact on the underground phreatic and aquifer waters: do not flush medications or any chemicals in the toilet bowl.
- If you use the kitchen utensils, you wash them and store them back in their location.
- Pets' owners: pick up Immediately after your pet. Make sure your pet does not jump on furniture and on guests' laps.
- Non pet owners: make sure that all gates are closed and locked at all times for the safety of our 4 legged guests.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
B&B Facilities & Policies
- Bicycle hire
- Bicycle parking
- Book exchange
- Breakfast not included
- Child Friendly
- Free City Maps
- Free Wifi
- House Keeping
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Pet Friendly
- Safety Deposit Box
- Taxes included
- Towels Included
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
- DIRECTION TO CASITAS KINSOL: Please see the following link to print the directions to get to Casitas Kinsol: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6ClOuu_WxzIOTE4ODBkNzctYWMyMC00ZmNhLWE0ODEtOWUxMWRkZjgzZWRj/edit Make sure that you take with you a printed copy of the document as many taxi's / van's / shuttle's drivers from the airport of Cancun have a hard time locating Casitas Kinsol. If your driver is not able to find Casitas Kinsol, please suggest him to approach a local taxi driver and ask for "la oficina del sindicato de taxistas de Puerto Morelos" (the building of the union of taxis of Puerto Morelos); we are located 2 houses before getting to the "oficina del sindicato de taxistas". A Spanish version of the document is also available at: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6ClOuu_WxzIYzhmYWFkNzgtYzU4YS00ODI0LWJkNmEtZjNlNjI0MzA0MjJh/edit?pli=1
- DRIVING DIRECTIONS FROM CANCUN TO CASITAS KINSOL: Take highway MX307 towards Tulum. When you get to the entrance of Puerto Morelos, take the frontage road on your right (leave the ramp to the bridge on your left). You get to a stop sign; go straight. Leave the roundabout on your left, drive by the Pemex gas station and the 7-Eleven convenient store (on your right). Take a right on the first street (just behind the 7-Eleven store). Then take a right on the 4th street / avenue that you encounter; you'll be a on wide and divided avenue (this is Avenue Zetina Gazca). Go North 2 blocks. Casitas Kinsol is on the right end side (on the left side of the avenue you will find the old municipal market). You'll see two coconut trees on the sidewalk on your right; Casitas Kinsol is the next property. There are 2 gates: the last one on your left is the main entrance; pull the bell !!!
- DRIVING DIRECTIONS FROM PLAYA DEL CARMEN / TULUM TO CASITAS KINSOL: Take highway MX307 to Cancun. When you get to the entrance of Puerto Morelos, take the frontage road on your right (leave the ramp to the bridge on your left). You get to a stop sign; take a "U" turn under the bridge, around the roundabout. Drive by the Pemex gas station and the 7-Eleven convenient store (on your right). Take a right on the first street (just behind the 7-Eleven store). Then take a right on the 4th street / avenue that you encounter; you'll be a on wide and divided avenue (this is Avenue Zetina Gazca). Go North 2 blocks. Casitas Kinsol is on the right end side (on the left side of the avenue you will find the old municipal market). You'll see two coconut trees on the sidewalk on your right; Casitas Kinsol is the next property. There are 2 gates: the last one on your left is the main entrance; pull the bell !!!
Located in Puerto Morelos inland (not on the beach side) and less than 5 minutes drive to the white sandy beach, south of Cancun, 16 miles from the international airport. Half way between Cancun and Playa del Carmen: the perfect location if you plan to explore the Mayan Riviera.
In the heart of the local population: this means that you can find plenty of affordable and tasty small restaurants within 2 or 3 blocks of the property.
With easy access to cheap public transportation: minibus, taxis.