Solscape Eco Retreat
Solscape is a 10 acre property nestled at the foot of Mt Karioi, overlooking the Tasman Sea and just a bush walk away from Ngaranui Beach and world famous surf break Manu Bay. Situated just a few kms from Raglan township on New Zealands beautiful westcoast, we are 2 hours south of Auckland and 40 minutes west of Hamilton.
Our lodgings are consciously designed to fit within our primary goals of minimizing our ecological footprint and inspiring our visitors with many working models of sustainable living.
This year we are excited to be stepping into our long held vision of creating an educational space hosting a myriad of courses, workshops and retreats in practical sustainability and holistic well-being.
Our special features include;
* Courses, workshops and retreats
* Tipi Retreat
* Earth Domes
* Eco Baches
* Recycled Railway Carriages
* Solsurfer Surf School
* Yoga classes
* Earth oven and BBQ
* Food gardens
* Beautiful location
* Spectacular sea views
Solscape offers unique accommodation in 14 recycled, authentic NZ railway carriages and cabooses.
Choose from our larger, self-contained carriage and our double, twin, dorm and triple share cabooses.
* fire place
* book exchange
* outdoor BBQ and pizza oven
* kitchen with 4 burner hob, small oven, kettles, crockery, cutlery,
pots and pans,
* small garden, herb spiral, food forest
* showers and toilets
All caboose guests share communal facilities and beds are made up with quality linen
* Surfing! Best known for long peeling left-hand point breaks, Raglan also offers ideal conditions for beginners and novice surfers. Solscape Eco Retreat offers customised surf packages, surf lessons and board hire. Surf guiding is also available for the more advanced surfer.
* Raglan is one of New Zealand's premier kiteboarding locations. Because of Raglan's natural land formations, nearly any wind direction is suitable for kiteboarding.
* There are several bush and beach walks in Raglan, including climbing Mt Karioi, Te Toto Gorge and the beautiful Bridal Veil Falls waterfall track.
* Lots of other ways to get in touch with the great outdoors at Raglan including kayaking and horse trekking tours. Bikes are also for rent from Solscape Eco Retreat.
*Healing massage therapists and individual yoga classes are available onsite by appointment.
Raglan town has a unique laid-back atmosphere and offers a wide array of eateries catering to all tastes. Interesting shops line the main street with their array of bohemian arts-and-crafts.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- Airport transfers
- Bicycle hire
- Card phones
- Child Friendly
- Common Room
- Free Parking
- Internet Access
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Meeting Room
- Non Smoking
- Pet Friendly
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Towels For Hire
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
Raglan is approximately 2 hours south of Auckland. Drive South on Highway 1 and turn west onto Highway 23 from Hamilton. From Raglan township follow Wainui Rd towards Manu bay for 6kms until you see our signs on the left.
For information regarding buses from Auckland to Hamilton visit, www.nakedbus.co.nz or www.intercity.co.nz
For information on buses from Hamilton to Raglan visit, www.busit.co.nz
Raglan is situated on the beautiful west coast of the North Island in New Zealand.
A 45 minute drive west of Hamilton, 2 hour drive south of Auckland and 1 hour and 20 minutes from Waitomo caves.