# Please notice we have special rates and/or a different minimum night stay during Carnival, special events and New Years Eve.#
Explore Rio de Janeiro beyond the obvious and feel like a real carioca.
* ABOUT: My name is Myle, I'm a singer, writer and teacher. Walter, my husband, writes plays for theater and scripts for movies and TV. We both have 37 years old and we enjoy hosting nice, friendly and open-minded people, with whom we can share experiences and from whom we can learn a little bit!
* OUR HOSTEL: We live in a charming house built in 1938, with 750 square meters, just below the famous Cristo Redentor statue. Located in the foothills of the Tijuca Forest, yet only 2 blocks from the main street - where you can find plenty of public transportation options to everywhere in the city - our guest house, called Corcovado Hostel, has no direct entrance from the road. To walk up to the house, it is necessary to climb an ancient staircase, as shown in the pictures! Besides the bedrooms, Corcovado Hostel has a large open veranda overlooking the mountains with a dining table, washing area, sun-loungers and a shower, perfect for relaxing, sun bathing and to soak up the atmosphere of Rio. And with some luck, little monkeys and toucans will show up to say hello!
* TRANSPORTATION: From the main street (2 blocks from the hostel), the metro bus takes you to Largo do Machado metro station in 15 minutes where you can catch the metro to the centre or to the beaches. It also takes only 20 minutes by bus to Lapa and Centro (downtown Rio) and to Ipanema and Copacabana. There is also easy access to Santa Teresa, Paineiras and Tijuca Forest.
* New Year Package starts on December 27 > January 2
Carnival Package starts on February 8 till 14
BOTH REQUIRE A MINIMUM OF 5 NIGHTS
* You can check in/out before or after any day of the package and start counting 5 nights. In case you
want to prolong your stay, we will offer discounts of up to 80%.
* We charge the full value of each damaged object.
* We charge 50% of current daily for persons invited to sleep.
* Check in after noon /out before11 a.m. Early check in/late check out is charged
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 hour reception
- 24 hour security
- Age Restriction
- Breakfast not included
- Cable TV
- Ceiling fan
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Free Wifi
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Linen Not Included
- Luggage Storage
- Meals Available
- Non Smoking
- Outdoor Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Terrace
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Towels For Hire
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 5 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
'If you have to cancel your booking, you must do it at least 5 days before arrival.
You'll be contacted by the property requesting the CVV code of the credit card used for this booking or asked for a deposit.
You will be charged 50% in advance in order to secure your booking. This amount is non refundable if you cancel your booking less than 5 days before arrival.
Check in time is after 2 p.m. and check out is before 11 a.m. We charge 50% of the daily rate for early check in or late check out, in case of availability.
Reception and customer service open at 8 a.m. and close at 9 p.m.'