More than just unrivalled location and facilities, yellow has its own spirit that is made by everyone who stays or works here. Our staff are renowned for going out of their way to make the yellow experience one that thousands of people each year remember as being a highlight of their travels.
The yellow has been established over ten years ago. We take the experience of these years and turn it into knowledge of how to best cater to the wants and needs of today's traveller.
Some of our other great hostel features include:
- Free internet access and Wi-Fi
- Free iPad hire (30 min/ day)
- Breakfast (a la carte) available from 6am
- Food available 24 hours
- All non-smoking bedrooms
- Air conditioning (only in our en Suite dorms and are on energy saving timers)
- Great walking and bike tours
- Supermarket around the corner
- Free city maps
- Safe paid car parking nearby
- Free hot showers 24 h.
- No lockout
- No curfew
- 24 hour reception (you can check-in to dorms any time after 11:30am, privates by 1 pm, the reception is always open, so you don't need to tell us your estimated arrival time)
All our female dorms with shared bathroom are located in our annex building, just a few foot steps away.
The private rooms are equipped with:
- Private en-suite bathroom
- Independent air-conditioning and heating
- A safety deposit box
- A hair dryer
- A mini bar
- wired internet access
A rome city tax of 3euro per person per night is not included in the rates and shall be added to your balance, payable by cash.
- We have a minimum age restriction of 18 year old. People 16 y.o. & under cannot stay with us. People 17 y.o. May stay with us, with someone 18 y.o. Or over and if they also have written permission from a parent or a guardian authorizing one of 18 y.o or above to act as a guardian for the duration of time abroad, which must be handed in at the reception at check-in. We reserve the right to cancel any bookings and charge the amount for the 1st night as a late cancellation fee if these restrictions have not been respected.
Example of the permission letter: ' as the legal guardian of .... (Your name), i .......... (Parent’s/legal guardian's name), authorize and give my permission to .............. (one of your 18y.o friend's name) to act as a guardian for the duration oftime abroad. I authorize my daughter/son ............... (your name) to stay at the yellow hostel in rome, italy.'
-we have a maximum age restriction of 40 y.o. People 40 y.o. & over cannot stay with us (please contact our sister hotel, hotel romae). We reserve the right to cancel any bookings and charge the amount for the 1st night as a late cancellation fee if these restrictions have not been respected.
- bookings of 2 or more guests we'll try our best to place everyone in the same room. But we can't always guarantee it.
- our big sister, hotel romae, has private rooms from 1 to 4 people. Please search under the 'budget hotels' section on this website for availability and rates.
- please note that each person will need to put an obligatory 2 euro deposit in cash for keys which is refundable on the return the items.
Air conditioning is only in our ensuite dorms and are on energy saving timers
- we are unable to send or fax letters of any kind for visa document applications to embassies and/or consulates.
- a valid id (eu-countries) or a valid passport is required at check-in
- check-in is after 1:30pm till late and check out is 10am but you can leave your luggage with us for the day, free of charge. Nb: the reception is very busy at 13.30, so there may be a bit of a wait around that time - so please be patient with us, grazie!
- you will not be able to check in unless the booking has been made under your name or if you are together with the person who has made the booking. If you need to check in earlier than the person who has made the booking please ask them to advise us via email well in advance.
- the mixed 7 and 12 bed dorms (shared bathroom) have the bathroom across the corridor
- if you would like to change or cancel your reservation you must send us a written request via email. Cancellations or changes are not accepted via telephone. In case you need to cancel your booking and to avoid being charged the first night of your stay, you must send us your cancellation notification in writing, before 1.30 pm (cet), the day before your arrival date i.e. Prior to 1.30 pm at least 24 hours prior to your arrival date.
Only when you receive a reply with the confirmation of your cancellation or change, can you be sure that your request has been processed and what the final outcome is.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- Age Restriction
- Air Conditioning
- Airport Transfers
- Bicycle hire
- Bicycle parking
- Book Exchange
- Breakfast Not Included
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Currency Exchange
- Telephone/Fax Facilities
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Hair Dryers
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Key Card Access
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- Meals Available
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Outdoor Terrace
- Reading Light
- Safe Deposit Box
- Steam Room
- Taxes not included
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Towels Included
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
A Rome City Tax of 3.5 euro per person per night is not included in the rates and shall be added to your balance, payable by cash.
Check-in: 14:30 til late. Check-out: 10am. Remember that you will not be able to check in unless the booking has been made under your name or if you are together with the person who has made the booking. If you need to check in earlier than the person who has made the booking please ask them to advise us via email well in advance.
A valid ID or a valid passport is required at check-in.
We accept Visa and MasterCard.
For bookings of two or more guests we will try our best to put everyone in the same room but we can't guarantee it.
We have a 24hr cancellation policy. Cancellations must be received by email by 1.30pm (CET) the day before your arrival date. We don't accept cancellations or changes via phone. Only when you receive a reply with the confirmation of your cancellation or change can you be sure that your request has been processed and what the final outcome is.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
From Roma Termini (central train station):
Exit the train station onto Via Marsala (by track 1).
Find Via Marghera , this street should be straight in front of you. Walk along Via Marghera for 4 blocks.
Turn left onto Via Palestro.
The Yellow is two blocks ahead on your left at number 51
The Yellow - Via Palestro 51
Located five minutes walk from Termini Station, 40 minutes from Rome International Airport Leonardo da Vinci, 30 minutes from Ciampino with the bus that will bring you to Termini station, 20 minutes walk from the Colosseum and Campo de Fiori/Piazza Navona, five minutes' walk from basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, 20 minutes walk from the Spanish Steps, and only a few metro stops to San Peter Basilica. Anyway...everything is super close with the metro!