St. Christopher International Hostel Downtown
We are located in LITTLE ITALY - that says it all folks!
Little Italy of San Diego means fast cars, smart people, Ice cream lounge, fine dining in exquiste restuarants, high end antique shops and galleries. This is THE PLACE to be seen folks. Turn up at our hostel looking smart please! 15 mins walk to Balboa park, world famous San Diego zoo, 10 mins walk to Harbour drive, Seaport village, and Gaslamp district. You get to stay in the most exclusive part of Downtown San Diego without the noise and chaos. How cooooooooool is that?
CASH (US dollars) only accepted.
Credit card payment via PAYPAL accepted. (please note, if paying by PAYPAL you will be charged PAYAPL commission).
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- 24 Hour Security
- Air Conditioning
- Bicycle parking
- Book Exchange
- Free Breakfast
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Hot Showers
- Internet Access
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Meals Available
- No Curfew
- Reading Light
- Shuttle Bus
- Steam Room
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Towels For Hire
- Wake-up calls
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
CASH (US dollars) only accepted.
If you turn up at the hostel without US dollars to pay for your bed(s) - you will NOT be served! This means the hostel will NOT give you a bed(s) to sleep.
We operate a NO REFUND POLICY. This means once you have made your bed reservation, you MUST pay for ALL nights reservation made on arrival to the hostel. We will refuse service to any guest(s) who turns up wanting to change their booking. If you are not sure of the number of days you need to be in San Diego, - book 2 nights.
2 nights minimum stay.
INTERNATIONAL TRAVELLERS: MUST be in possession of a valid flight/train/greyhound ticket to lodge here. MUST present a foreign passport to lodge here.
USA RESIDENTS: MUST present a valid state ID card and 1/3 most recent utility bill. Gas/Water/Electric bill to lodge in this hostel. MUST be in possession of a valid DEPARTURE flight/train/greyhound ticket from San Diego to lodge here.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
DIRECTIONS (Getting to us) from AIRPORT
NO AIRPLANE NOISE after 11.30pm.
Walk . Yep. 25-30mins WALK from airport to the hostel - if you are traveling light. OR
1. Take anyone of the car rental (Alladin) shuttle buses to Laurel street airport parking.
2. Come out of the parking lot and cross the stop lights @ Kettner blvd/Laurel street.
3. Walk up the road to India street.
4. Turn right by Balboa Travel building,
5. St. Christopher International Hostel is the 3rd building after Balboa travel building.
From the GREYHOUND bus station.
1. Take the GREEN line trolley from 12th & Imperial trolley station to MIDDLETOWN trolley station.
2. Get off the trolley, walk up Palm street, towards the electric power lines.
3. Turn right into Kettner Blvd, passing Kava nightclub and other offices.
4. Walk to Laurel Street junction with Kettner Blvd.
5. Turn left at the stop lights and walk to India Street.
6. Turn right into India street junction with Laurel street, passing Balboa Travel building.
7. St. Christopher International Hostel is the 3rd building from Balboa Travel building.
From AMTRAK TRAIN STATION (10mins walk)
1. Come out of AMTRAK train station into KETTNER BLVD.
2. Walk up Kettner blvd, passing the musuem, Water front bar etc.
3. Turn RIGHT into KALMIA street
4. Turn LEFT by El Camino Mexican cocktail bar.
5. We are next building to El Camino Mexican bar.
15 - 20 mins walk to Balboa Park
15 - 20 mins walk to San Diego zoo.
10 - mins walk to Seaport Village
10 - mins walk to Harbour Drive.
25 - mins walk to San Diego International Airport.
25 - mins walk to Gaslamp Quarter.