Balkan Han Hostel
Hostel BALKAN HAN is an amazing place in the center of Sarajevo where travelers will meet multicultural BALKANS in new-age edition, feel the great Bosnian hospitality, enjoy our green garden, colorfull rooms, party in our stylish bar, experiencing the word 'HAN' (dating from the Ottoman era) meaning 'lodging for travelers and their caravans'.
So, grab a place in our HAN and enjoy the BALKANS!
Balkan Han Hostel is situated in the heart of the city, less than 200 meters from city promenade (pedestrian Ferhadija street) and all the attractions city has to offer.
Although our hostel is located next to the main street (Titova), our green garden is like an oasis of peace in the center of the city!
With freshly renovated rooms and brand new beds, great facilities and offerings, beautiful green garden and totally new opened colorful bar as a stylish common room and party zone, we provide pleasure to remember!
Our hostel offers:
- 6 bedrooms (five dorms, one private) with twin & single beds and drawings for passenger's things
- internet place (two Macintosh computers available), free Wi-Fi available in the entire area, cable TV
- 2 self-service kitchens
- 4 toilets, 2 bathroom, 3 shower cabin
- personal lockers in the rooms
- great and cheerful common room ('BUJROOM ROOM' BAR) where our guests can get drinks, snacks, listen to good music, watch some movies and have unforgettable fun!
- beautiful wide green garden that we are specially proud of; in the natural shade of trees, arranged with chairs, hammocks and benches, it's a perfect place for relaxing, having coffee, tea or even a BBQ, with possibility of OpenAirCinema!
- nice, friendly and polite stuff who will give their best for your to feel comfortable, to help you find all the interesting sites and have a great time in Sarajevo
*Linen, towels and warm shower water included. Free Wi-Fi.
- 24h open supermarket and 24h open grill and pizza snack bar is just behind the building
- bike parking in our hostel garden
There is not many cities in the world in which you can find so much diversity at one place and meet such special, energetic, hospitable and passionate people like in Sarajevo! An old proverb says: 'One who comes to Sarajevo once, must be back again!' so, you should just come and make sure it's true!
Once you’ve decided to come to Sarajevo, the multicultural heart of the Balkans, we would like to welcome you and invite you to experience all this in our cheerful Balkan Han Hostel.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 hour reception
- 24 hour security
- Age Restriction
- Air Conditioning
- Airport transfers
- Bicycle hire
- Bicycle parking
- Board Games
- Book exchange
- Breakfast not included
- Cable TV
- Child Friendly
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free Wifi
- Games Room
- Hair Dryers
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- Internet Access
- Key Card Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Meals Available
- Meeting Room
- Non Smoking
- Outdoor Terrace
- Pet Friendly
- Reading Light
- Safety Deposit Box
- Shuttle Bus
- Taxes included
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels Included
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 3 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
Cancellation Policy: 3 days before arrival
Check In: before midnight
Check Out: 10.00 am
Method of Payment upon the arrival: Cash and credit card!
Breakfast is not included.
Taxes are included.
Reception and the bar is open 24h. Garden is available 24h for our guests but useful only when whether is nice.
We have no limitations for nice people.
Linen and towels included.
Unfortunately, our hostel is not suitable for wheelchairs at the moment.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
You can easily find us walking from Marshall Tito street (main city street) near the Eternal flame monument and Central bank of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
If you are coming from the city bus station or railway station, you can take a tram number 1 and get of in front of the Central Bank of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Centralna Banka), and you are already on Dalmatinska Street, where you can see our Hostel sign.
Taxi fares from the bus and railway station are up to 5 EUR (approx 10 KM) and from the airport up to 10 EUR (approx 20 KM).
Our Dalmatinska street is in the center of the city.
The Eternal flame monument, Ferhadija pedestrian zone and Central bank is next to us.
Old town (Bas Carsija) is nearby, same as many restaurants, night bars, music clubs and stores.
'BBI' shopping mall and multiplex cinema are 5 min by walk.
River Miljacka and big city park are in the neighborhood, too.