I, Bong Do Lee, would like to welcome you to my guesthouse, Bong House. I have rooms to suit every type of visitor to Korea. From young people, be they friends or couples.
My old motto was; B&B (Bed & Beer) : Free pool games and one complimentary beverage for each night you stay!
Bong House is a place where you can meet many other travellers. My friendly staff are always around to help and will try their best to ensure that you have a great and memorable time in Seoul.
Bong House is a fun, lively and great value place to stay in Seoul, and a great place to make new friends!
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 hour reception
- 24 hour security
- Air Conditioning
- Bicycle parking
- Breakfast Included
- Child Friendly
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Not Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free Wifi
- Hair Dryers
- Hot Showers
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Meals Available
- No Curfew
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels Included
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
WARNING: these directions are long, but the details will get you here.
From the Subway - Hyehwa Station Line 4, Take Exit no.4
1. Start at Hyehwa Subway Exit no. 4. You should see a Baskin Robbins.
2. When you see Baskin Robbins, make a left turn. Take this paved road full of shops. Go straight for about 200 meters (on the way you should see: Starbucks, Tous Les Jours(bakery), ETUDE beauty shop, movie theater, Misha beauty shop and so on). Go to the end where you will see a C.U (24/7 convenience store). Look to your right across the bigger street with a crosswalk, there's a Dunkin' Donuts. Cross this street and continue to walk up this street between Dunkin' Donuts and Cell phone store!
3. You will need to walk another 230m (250 Steps) on the way you will pass amusement arcade. At the 230m mark you will see a side street with Ediya Espresso Coffee with large blue sign. Turn left here, walk towards the C.U (24/7 convenience store). Once in front of the C.U Mart continue to look straight ahead (slightly left) you will see our sign 'Bong House' it is a white circular sign. Welcome you made it, enter through the main doors and head upstairs to the office.
From the Airport Bus Stop (6011, get off SungKyunkwan daehakgyo ipgu Bus Stop)
1. AT AIRPORT: Go to the only tourist information (near exit 12) in the lobby, collect your maps and other info for Seoul and Korea. Next to the info desk is the bus ticket office. Buy your ticket to: SungKyunkwan (University) Bus Stop. It will be approx. 10,000 Won. (It is also the second last stop on that route). Then bus stop is 5B or 12A, look for 6011. Load your bags under the bus, and let the driver know you wish to go to �Hyehwa - SungKyunkwan (University)�. The trip takes 1hr to 1hr 20 min. so relax and enjoy the views. The bus will either display the location stops on screen or read out aloud in English so you can see where you are on the maps.
2. While on the bus, the stop you need to get out at is located on a main road. On your right you will first see a C.U Mart(24/7 convenience store), then you will immediately cross traffic lights, then the bus will stop 30m down the road in front of this shop: 7th Haeven Coffee Shop. Collect your bags and walk back 30m in the direction you came.
3. Stand in front of the C.U. Mart. On the other side of this side road, there is a Dunkin' Donuts and Cell phone store. Cross the main road and continue up the smaller street past the Dunkin' Donuts. Stick to the left side, you will pass an amusement arcade, continue and then turn left at: Ediya Espresso Coffee (Huge Blue shop sign). Walk towards the C.U Mar, once in front of the C.U Mart continue to look straight ahead (slightly Left) you will see our sign �BONG HOUSE� it is a white circular sign. Welcome you made it, enter through the main doors and head upstairs to the office.
Around Daehangno Street
The literal meaning of Daehangno is university street because until the mid-1970s, the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences of Seoul National Uniersity was located in what is now the Marronnier Park. Daehangno is the cradle of Korean performances, the off-Broadway of Korea. Small theaters, galleries, cafes, folk taverns, and restaurants are sprawied across Marronnier Park.
Various outdoor sculpture, painting exhibitions and performing arts are offered on makeshift stages on the street. About 40 theaters and several museums attract throngs of young people. Amid these heart-pounding streets is poised a serene compound called Ihwajang, which was once the manor of the first Korean president, Syngman Rhee, now renovated as a museum. Nearby are Jongmyo Royal Ancestral Shrine and Changgyeonggung Palace. A busy road cuts between Changgyeonggung Palace and Jongmyo Royal Ancestral Shrine but there is a pedestrian bridge connecting the two attractions. There is also Changdeokgung Palace with its beautiful rear garden, Huwon (or Biwon, Secret Garden).
Jongmyo and Changdeokgung are registered on UNESCOs World Cultural Heritage list. Another nearby historical spot is Sung Kyun Kwan, the Confucian university that was founded in 1398 at the start of the Joseon Dynasty.