Beary Best! by a beary good hostel
At Beary Best! we seek to retain the carefree charms and ways of a backpacker hostel and simply to provide the true essentials: comfortable and good value accommodation.
Carefully restored from an art deco heritage building, we offer a calm, laid back and friendly environment with all the facilities we believe truly matters for travellers... a dedicated lounge/dining area, multiple female & unisex bathrooms, dorms of various sizes, bike storage facilities and even an outdoor patio.
A little bus stop stands in front of the hostel and just across the street is the brand new Chinatown MRT station with connections to all key Singapore attractions – Marina Bay Sands, Sentosa Island, Orchard Road, Bugis, Esplanade and Suntec City!
Every Bunk Bed comes equipped with:
- individual power points with built in universal adapters
- 9-inch hotel grade spring mattress (new as of Nov 2015)
- Comfy pillows, quilt and fresh sheets
- specially customized metal bunk beds
Beary Best Facilities includes (but not limited to) the following:
- Security key card access + CCTV
- Free Wifi throughout the hostel
- Free use of netbooks
- Free basic breakfast (selection of cereals, spreads and even fruits)
- A chill out and comfortable guest lounge with (almost unlimited) Free Movies and Wii
- A nice outdoor garden patio (very useful for sunny days!)
- 24 hours reception & NO CURFEW
- Spacious bathrooms including Ladies only bathrooms at all floors. All with hot water and shower gel
- Pantry facilities (microwave, toaster oven, toaster, fridge)
- Free All day hot water, hot chocolate, coffee and tea
- Left luggage room
- Ridiculously cheap drinks, snacks and convenience items for sale
- Self service laundry
- Fire Safety Certification
* Check-In time: 2:00pm onwards (early check is subjected to availability)
* Check out time: 12:00pm (you are of course still welcome to hang around with us until your flight time)
** We can only accept cash payment in SGD at this point of time. Sorry!
*** A refundable security deposit of SGD15 will be collected upon check-in. This will be returned upon an incident-free check out. =)
**** You may cancel/change your reservation free of charge up to 48 hours before arrival.(48 hours is calculated from the default check in time of 2:00pm).
A one night penalty is applicable for no shows and late changes. Deposits paid are non refundable. Please inform us ahead in advance if there are any changes to your travel plans.
***** We are a tourist backpackers hostel and therefore do not typically accept Local Residents - please write in or contact us for clarification before booking your stay.
****** Young children are not typically suitable for the hostel. To upkeep the environment of a backpackers hostel, we do have a policy of NO childen under the age of 14.
In addition, for children aged between 7 years to 13 years to be accepted as guests, the entire dorm must be booked out.
Again, please write in or contact us for clarification before booking your stay.
******* For the safety and comfort of our general guests, we reserve the right to refuse service to guests we deem unsuitable. Booking fees with Hostelworld are non-refundable.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- 24 Hour Security
- Age Restriction
- Air Conditioning
- Bicycle hire
- Bicycle parking
- Board Games
- Book Exchange
- Free Breakfast
- Ceiling Fan
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Hair Dryers
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Key Card Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Outdoor Terrace
- Postal Service
- Reading Light
- Steam Room
- Taxes included
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 2 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
You may cancel/change your reservation free of charge up to 48 hours before arrival. Deposits paid are non refundable. Please do inform us ahead in advance if there are any changes to your travel plans.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
1) Board the MRT from Changi Airport station to Tanah Merah Station (2 stops later, ~8 min)
2) Switch to the train towards the City/Joo Koon and alight at Bugis station (8 stops later, ~16 min)
3) Walk to the Downtown Line connection and board the train towards Chinatown Station. Alight at Chinatown MRT station (5 stops later, ~8 min)
4) Turn right and walk towards Exit F (Hong Lim Complex). Take the escalator/lift up to the street level.
5) Look across the road and you will immediately spot Beary Best! with our colourful windows and blue Beary sign.