Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel
Owned & run by a New Zealander ('kiwi') :) If you are looking for a friendly place to stay in Singapore, in the central city area convenient to public transport and getting around, this is it! We are a small laid back place to stay where you'll some meet great people and get some sleep!
Our staff will let you in on all the local knowledge of what to see and do. From Chinatown and Little India, the big city lights of Marina Bay/Raffles Place/Clarke Quay river area, the shopping of Orchard Road, as well as the lesser known areas, we'll make sure you leave feeling you really know one of the world's most unique cities!
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- Air Conditioning
- Bicycle parking
- Board Games
- Book Exchange
- Free Breakfast
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Not Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Hair Dryers
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Iron / Ironing Board
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Outdoor Terrace
- Postal Service
- Reading Light
- Reception (limited hours)
- Safe Deposit Box
- Shuttle Bus
- Taxes included
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
From airport take MRT (last train 11:18pm, $1.62, buy a $15 stored value EZ-link card, partly refundable if you don't use it all, or pay $2.30 one way ticket if you'll take the MRT only 2-3 times) to Lavender station, and walk 10mins along Lavender Street to 280. Detailed walking directions:
- after the MRT turnstiles turn left to "Exit B", then at top of escalator turn left to face the road (bus stop 01319)
- turn left along the road, cross Horne Road, cross Lavender St at the traffic lights, to Tai Pei Buddhist centre and turn left to carry on past Aperia Mall.
- it's 8mins straight walk along Lavender St from here, you pass a couple of buildings.. then cross Kallang Bahru street, an MRT station under construction
- at Esso petrol station and then bus stop #07359 you can see our rooftop sign already :)
- cross Bendemeer Road and you're there!
The above walk is 8-10min - alternatively, at bus stop 01319 at exit from Lavender MRT, take bus 133 or 145, 3 stops to alight at a building under construction, previously known as "Eminent Plaza", Rucksack Inn @ Lavender and The Green Kiwi is diagonally across the intersection, look for the sign on our roof (cross Lavender St to the open air carpark, then cross Bendemeer Road)
We're also near Boon Keng MRT station on the purple line, which makes it easy to get to Little India, Orchard Road, Singapore River, Chinatown and Sentosa. But from the airport, Lavender station on the green line is best. The green line is also best to get you to Bugis, Raffles Hotel, Raffles Place, Espanade and Marina Bay.
If coming by bus from Malaysia:
- if arriving at Harbourfront, take the MRT 7 stops (14 mins, $1.52, buy a $15 stored value EZ-link card, partly refundable if you don't use it all, or pay $2.30 one way ticket if you'll take the MRT only 2-3 times) to Boon Keng MRT, take exit C, walk down Serangoon Road against the one-way traffic to Lavender Street, turn left along Lavender Street, we are 280, the last shophouse before Bendemeer Road, in the same block as Toyo Tyres.
- if arriving at Golden Mile, either walk 20mins (Beach Road, turn left on Crawford Street, which becomes Lavender Street, follow the walking directions from Tai Pei Buddhist Centre, see above)
- or from bus stop 01421 opposite golden mile, take bus 961 2 stops to Lavender Street (bus stop 07371), then bus 13, 67, 133 or 145 2 stops to Eminent Plaza (bus stop 07351), see walking directions above.
- if coming from other bus terminal, ask someone where's the nearest MRT and go to either Lavender MRT or Boon Keng MRT, then follow the walking directions as above.
If taking a taxi (the only option after midnight, but only about S$25), tell the driver: the last shophouse on the right of Bendemeer Road, alight at the Lavender Street traffic lights. Street address is 280a Lavender Street, our door is on Lavender Street, but if coming from the airport it's easier to drive down Bendemeer Road and alight on Bendemeer Road, at the Lavender Street traffic lights.
It's a good idea to print these directions.
We look forward to welcoming you! :)
Singapore is a fantastic city - we're in the central city part, with easy access to everything you want to see via the island's famed fantastic public transport :)
We have two MRT stations nearby: Lavender MRT is best to/from the airport; and Boon Keng MRT is best for getting around the city.