River City Inn
Our newly opened hostel is in the heart of the Singapore city, less than 3 minutes walk away from the Singapore River, and 5 minutes walk away from a MRT (tube/metro) train station.
River City Inn is a family-owned and operated hostel. As travellers ourselves, we know that affordability should never compromise hospitality. Everything you need to provide a comfortable stay are available: Free Wi-Fi, Clean Sheets, Good Breakfast, Air-Conditioning, Discounted attraction tickets and more!
But at River Inn, we aim to offer something more. After you have explored the winding streets of Singapore, experienced the different cultures, delighted your taste buds and worn your shoes under the sweltering heat, we want to welcome you back. We want to offer you a place to unwind, write your journal, talk to other travelers and share stories. We aim not only to provide a bed for the night, but a space for the exchange of ideas, inspirations, personal reflections and growth. Because that is what traveling is about.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- Age Restriction
- Air Conditioning
- Free Breakfast
- Cable TV
- Credit Cards Not Accepted
- Telephone/Fax Facilities
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- Key Card Access
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Postal Service
- Reading Light
- Taxes included
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Towels For Hire
- Vending Machines
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 7 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
• For non-refundable bookings: Booking made is non-refundable in the event of cancellation or modification. Payment will be charged to your card prior to arrival.
• For refundable bookings: We have a 7 days cancellation policy. Failure to cancel at least 7 days prior to arrival will result in the outstanding balance for the whole stay being chargeable to your card.
• Full payment for all bookings will be charged to your card prior to arrival.
• All rates in Singapore Dollars are inclusive of taxes, breakfast, free wi-fi, internet access, lockers, clean toilets, bathrooms, clean sheets and clean rooms.
• All prices include breakfast, free WiFi, internet access, lockers (with locks), clean toilets, bathrooms, clean linen and clean rooms.
• Check-in time: 14:00-23:00. Please note that we DO NOT accept check-in after 23:00. Please respect our check-in time after 14:00 as we have to adhere to our cleaning schedule (12:00-14:00) to upkeep the cleanliness of the hostel. Our reception operates from 09:00 to 23:00. Late check in 23:00 to 01:30 is chargeable at S$8 per booking. Prior arrangement required.
• Check-out time: 12:00. One night's stay will be chargeable for late check out past 12:00.
• If you have an early flight, you may leave your luggage with us(after 7am on the check-in date) and use our facilities before heading out to explore the city. A booking for the previous night is required should you need a bed to rest immediately upon arrival from 07:00 to 14:00 on your check-in day.
• If you have a late flight or bus to catch on the day of your check-out, you may leave your bags with us at no additional cost until 22:00.
• The air-con in the dorms are turned on continuously for 12 hours throughout the night (21:00 to 09:00). The dorms are ventilated with fans in the day. The common area is fully air-conditioned during the day.
• To upkeep the environment of a backpackers hostel, we do not accommodate children below the age of 5. Children aged between 5 and 11 years can be accommodated in private rooms only, and not in dormitories. Children aged 12 and above can be accommodated either in private rooms or in dormitories.
• Due to limited capacity, we do not accept Singaporeans/returning locals/PR/Foreigners holding work permits. Please contact us before booking whenever in doubt.
• Please note that we are located on the 4th floor of a heritage shophouse without a lift.
• To upkeep the cleanliness of the hostel, no footwear is allowed indoors (except in the toilets). Guest may wear socks if they are not comfortable barefooted.
• We will hold all bookings up to 3 hours of your scheduled arrival time. Kindly inform us if you have any changes to your arrival time.
• We do not accept big groups above 8pax. Please contact us prior to booking for large group bookings.
• Please note that not all our rooms/dormitories have windows. If you need to stay in a room with windows, please check with us before booking.
• Refundable Key Deposit S$20 per pax is applicable
• By booking with us, you agree with the above stated terms and conditions.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
If you're coming from Changi International Airport, the most economical way is to take the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) train. You can follow these 5 simple steps:
Step 1: Proceed to Changi Airport MRT and take the East West line heading towards Tanah Merah.
Step 2: Alight at Tanah Merah MRT. Proceed towards platform B (East West line) and board train going towards Joo Koon MRT.
Step 3: Alight at Outram MRT and board the Northeast line towards Punggol MRT.
Step 4: And finally alight at Clarke Quay MRT.
Step 5: At the station lookout for EXIT E and you will see Central Mall. Cross the overhead bridge (or take the pedestrian crossing) and turn right at the end of the stairs and walk in the same direction as the flow of traffic. In 200m you will see Hongkong Street. Look out for the Yellow Building. Take the stairs to the 4th floor and ring the bell when you see 'River City Inn'. (Please note that we are located on the 4th floor of a heritage shophouse without a lift. There is another hostel in the same building, hence do not check in to a wrong hostel!)
Alternatively, you may take a shuttle bus or taxi to the doorstep of River City Inn.
-Proceed to the 'Ground Transport Desk' at the arrival terminal to catch a bus shuttle at $9/adult directly to the doorstep of River City Inn. 24-hr service.
-Hop in the cab/ taxi and tell the driver 33C Hongkong street and you should be at our doorstep within 20 minutes if the traffic is good!
Clarke Quay MRT Train Station, walking distance from several attractions such as the Singapore River, Merlion Park, Esplanade, Chinatown, Fort Canning Park, Clarke Quay, Boat Quay, Marina Bay Sands